Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Random Thoughts #3

nomembername

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my brother almost got killed in iraq.. thankfully he was okay.. but a good friend of his wasn't so lucky... i'm still in shock from his email... fucking scary shit man. :(

OH MY GOODNESSS :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO is he okay? 8.gif

morters are designed to kill anything within a 15 meter radius or so... and the mortars hit 20 meters away from my bro... the guy he was with so shocked, he froze... my brother pushed him out of the way and into a safer area... then the guy came too... a split second later, my brother looked to see who they pulled in and it was his friend.. he died later that day.... 22 years old... i could hardly read the email.. it was hard.. real hard...

morters are designed to kill anything within a 15 meter radius or so... and the mortars hit 20 meters away from my bro... the guy he was with so shocked, he froze... my brother pushed him out of the way and into a safer area... then the guy came too... a split second later, my brother looked to see who they pulled in and it was his friend.. he died later that day.... 22 years old... i could hardly read the email.. it was hard.. real hard...

:( thats awful

my brother almost got killed in iraq.. thankfully he was okay.. but a good friend of his wasn't so lucky... i'm still in shock from his email... fucking scary shit man. :(

Oh God, hun. I'm so sorry for his friend, but relieved for your brother and your family. (((hugs)))

marcblemberg?

Original B-boy dies at 44

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Last updated: Thursday April 3, 2008, EDT 4:04 PM

BY JERRY DEMARCO

STAFF WRITER

The man whose acrobatic performance with the legendary Rock Steady Crew in the 1983 hit movie "Flashdance" set off a worldwide breakdancing craze, died Thursday. He was 44.

Wayne Frost, a hip-hop pioneer known as Frosty Freeze, died at Mount Sinai Medical Center after a long illness, said Jorge "Fabel" Pabon, senior vice-president of the musical group where Frost made his name as a B-boy -- or breakdancer.

Frost was an original, appearing not only in movies but also in videos, including Afrika Bambaataa and The Soulsonic Force's "Planet Rock" and Malcolm McLaren's "Buffalo Gals." His style included acrobatic and fearless dance moves that he originated as a young teen in the mid- to late-70s.

Frost toured the world with the Rock Steady Crew and other hip-hop artists, including Fab 5 Freddy, Futura 2000 and Kool Lady Blue.

As a member of RSC, Frost became known for his comedic, fearless and inventive style. He developed his trademark move, "The Suicide" -- also known as "The Death Freeze Drop" -- when he attempted a poorly executed backflip and landed on his back.

He didn't like the term "breakdancing," opting instead for "breaking."

"Most of the stuff you've seen me do is stuff that I made up and stuff that I learned from my mentors," including Ken Swift and the Zulu Crew, as well as James Brown, Sammy Davis Jr. and Michael Jackson, Frost said in an interview last year.

Other movie appearances included "Wild Style," "Style Wars" and "The Freshest Kids." Frost was also the first b-boy to appear on a magazine cover, The Village Voice, in 1981.

In 2004, he along with several other members of RSC were honored at the VH-1 Hip Hop Honors.

Until recently, he was living in New York City, regularly making appearances at many hip-hop/Bboy/Bgirl events in the NYC area and around the country.

He believed strongly in the future of hip-hop and breaking. "The list goes on," he said, of newer, aggressive breakers who "continue to come up with a lot of ideas.

"I never thought I'd see it go this far."

The man whose acrobatic performance with the legendary Rock Steady Crew in the 1983 hit movie "Flashdance" set off a worldwide breakdancing craze, died Thursday. He was 44.

Pioneer breakdancer Frosty Freeze (seen here with fellow RSC member, YNOT on March 7, 2006) has died.

Wayne Frost, a hip-hop pioneer known as Frosty Freeze, died at Mount Sinai Medical Center after a long illness, said Jorge "Fabel" Pabon, senior vice-president of the musical group where Frost made his name as a B-boy -- or breakdancer.

Frost was an original, appearing not only in movies but also in videos, including Afrika Bambaataa and The Soulsonic Force's "Planet Rock" and Malcolm McLaren's "Buffalo Gals." His style included acrobatic and fearless dance moves that he originated as a young teen in the mid- to late-70s.

Frost toured the world with the Rock Steady Crew and other hip-hop artists, including Fab 5 Freddy, Futura 2000 and Kool Lady Blue.

As a member of RSC, Frost became known for his comedic, fearless and inventive style. He developed his trademark move, "The Suicide" -- also known as "The Death Freeze Drop" -- when he attempted a poorly executed backflip and landed on his back.

Original B-boy

See Frosty Freeze perform in "Buffalo Gals" (Malcolm McLaren).

He didn't like the term "breakdancing," opting instead for "breaking."

"Most of the stuff you've seen me do is stuff that I made up and stuff that I learned from my mentors," including Ken Swift and the Zulu Crew, as well as James Brown, Sammy Davis Jr. and Michael Jackson, Frost said in an interview last year.

Other movie appearances included "Wild Style," "Style Wars" and "The Freshest Kids." Frost was also the first b-boy to appear on a magazine cover, The Village Voice, in 1981.

In 2004, he along with several other members of RSC were honored at the VH-1 Hip Hop Honors.

Until recently, he was living in New York City, regularly making appearances at many hip-hop/Bboy/Bgirl events in the NYC area and around the country.

He believed strongly in the future of hip-hop and breaking. "The list goes on," he said, of newer, aggressive breakers who "continue to come up with a lot of ideas.

"I never thought I'd see it go this far."

yeah itd be nice to see mine.....buuuut nooooo, my grandpa cant be bothered to even call!! grr....

anyways....

man I started using straight sexy hair shampoo and conditioner...I dont know how I lived without it...AND started using a new body wash with yogurt in it, and with vanilla and honey scent...

its like heaven in my shower now :D

Water Balloon Pong (An experimental game):

Teams of 11: 10 in bowling pin formation, 1 "net man".

"Pin men" stand in a hula hoop on the floor, any pin man who steps

outside their boundary is out.

Each pin man has x number of balloons. Teams alternate lobbing

balloons at the other team. Any pin men who get hit are out.

The net man stands in front of the pin formation (is not allowed into

or behind the formation). He has net with which he can try to catch

balloons. Caught balloons go to teams arsenal.

The net man can sub for a pin position.

yeah itd be nice to see mine.....buuuut nooooo, my grandpa cant be bothered to even call!! grr....

anyways....

man I started using straight sexy hair shampoo and conditioner...I dont know how I lived without it...AND started using a new body wash with yogurt in it, and with vanilla and honey scent...

its like heaven in my shower now :D

i like that shampoo and cond. too! (str8 sexy hair kind)