Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Random Thoughts #3

nomembername

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...nets/spurs tonight...i think about 4 nets games are broadcast nationally over the year, yet vince carter has a top 10 play every couple of days and the nets lead their division....hmmmmm....

hmmmmmm? You think there's a conspiracy or something, detective? They're not on national tv much because the New Jersey market is dogshit. Aren't the Nets notorious for having one of the league's worst attendance records every year even when they're winning and going to the NBA Finals?

Also, what does Vince Carter's "top 10 plays" have to do with anything? Don't Michael Redd, Gilbert Arenas, Paul Pierce, Chris Paul, Tracy McGrady, etc all make top 10 plays as well? Yes. And they also al play in garbage markets.

..relax spider...just thinking that they should level shit out a bit more...their poor attendance does not equate to their national fan base...i see kidd and carter fans all over the country...and some of the players you named are NOT on play off contender teams...as a fan, i'd like to see more coverage on teams that are in the hunt and have play-makers such as Carter...not just NJ...and this goes for all sports...similar to what the seahawks go through almost every year, lol...

..relax spider...just thinking that they should level shit out a bit more...their poor attendance does not equate to their national fan base...i see kidd and carter fans all over the country...and some of the players you named are NOT on play off contender teams...as a fan, i'd like to see more coverage on teams that are in the hunt and have play-makers such as Carter...not just NJ...and this goes for all sports...similar to what the seahawks go through almost every year, lol...

See that's your problem right there. You're always "thinking" people actually give a shit what you want. The NBA/tv stations only care about one thing: ratings. And the New Jersey Nets don't garner any. If they can't even attract local interest how the fuck are they going to attract national interest? Show me one team that would fall into that category.

Isn't Memphis in the "hunt?" Don't they have a play-maker? Aren't they one of the most underrated teams in the NBA? Yes, yes, and yes. But they have something in common with the filthy Nets: they play in a garbage market.

Besides, if you have cable then you most likely have access to all Nets' games, anyway.