Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Your BEST club night this year (2000)??

3 nights:

1) Cancun at La Boom with John Peters, first time I ever heard him.

2) Exit early in the year. Baez opened one night. It was the first time I'd heard him too.

3) Sound Factory like 2 months ago. I think it was something like "Divas Night" or something like that. bump-BuMp-bUmP-BUmp-buMP-BumP.

Best of next year: eXiTs January 1'st 2001!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm supprised that almost nobody has mentioned the pvd anniversary in march....dear god that was a night to remember forever. pvd tore shit up AND they had the laser show which complimented his music so well. plus that was the night i met my boys tyler and steve. these guys fucking rule!

the other greatest night of the year would be the sasha and digs anniversary in april, although i still think the pvd anniversary was better.....much more room to dance.

------------------

there's no time like the present to start procrastinating!

it's so funny that so many people are listing some of my fave nights of 2000:

march - oakey at the roxy, then walking over to twilo to see pvd. and yes, the laser show was amazing!

april - sasha & digweed 3 year anniversary. dancing with s & d on the dancefloor. sasha even runs back to and from the DJ booth. he ended the night with heaven scent at 11:30am.

october - gatecrasher party with green lasers

every night with pvd this year:

january 10

march 24

may

july

sept

nov 11

can't wait for 2001!!!

pappa+slacker+seaman+fortier was the best night this year. savage music, savage vibe, and club barely full...

twilo <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/newyearseve/">new years </a> day was awesome too, cuz thats the only time you got to enjoy those 2 with a crowd that wasnt filled to capacity, and the vibe was viscious that night/day...

s&d september was good too, for the sheer fact that diggs ripped it silly while sasha was hurt or high or drunk or something...

------------------

chronic is the answer...

Damn!! I can't beleive so many of us agree on this one!! It was such a great night, I still get jittery whren I think about it! cwm32.gif The vibe was soooo amazing that night! I hope heaven feels like that when I die!! My number one night this year, and of all times so far:

1. Sasha and Digweed's 3 year Anniversary party @ Twilo!!! (that's exactly what I'm talkin about)

2. NYE 2000 (Y2K celebration)With Dj Taucher, Dave Ralph, and well.. hmm yes George Acosta..(about a year ago, he wasn't that cheesy)

3. Paul Van Dyk @ Twilo on July... Excellent night out with great peeps...

4. My last Friday this past summer @ club Space in Miami... Met the most amazing girl, hung out with the coolest gang in FL, and needless to say the music/vibe of that club (in their early days) was just fantastic...

5. Paul Oakenfold @ Hammerstein this past Thanxgivin...Mad visuals, mad vibe.. What can I say.. Finally Oakenfold... (would've scored higher on my ratings, but he was on for just 2 hrs)

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

"That's the last time I ever do crystal meth, speed, heroin, pot, 12 cookies' worth of acid, ether, ecstacy, and cocaine in a four- hour period.

Or was that just Tranceport?"

[This message has been edited by mp3some (edited 12-20-2000).]

i hate to say it cause exit blows now so bad but april 29 of this year was by far the best night out this yr. denny tsettos quit that night and i never heard a set that just kept building and gettting better. i was sober by 4 am and didnt need a thing and didnt leave for SF till 8 am.

wow, looks like i missed some of the great ones like PVD july and S&D 3 year anniversary. my personal fav. nights are:

1) PVD November - the place was packed like a sardine can, but i didn't care... PVD tore it up and i was with so many friends.

2) Sven Vath - This past weekend... I dunno, he was just at another level ripping hard techno into a wonderful journey, build songs galore, geart vibe... it didn't hurt that my friends and I were getting down w/ 2 hot girl friends of ours cwm32.gif

3) Escape (LA), this past July - My first E experience... nothing else like the first time cwm7.gif

------------------

calvinan.gif

I've got more girls on my tip than a human shish-ka-bob!

1) Danny Tenaglia at Stereo, Montreal - July 2000

2) Mushroom Sessions 2 - Danny Tenaglia playing all the Twilo classics at Vinyl in April 2000. Just pure sickness.

3) Deep Dish and Dave Seaman at Twilo in June...they should have these guys playing together again.

I wish I caught that Seaman/Fortier/Pappa/Slacker night...my predicition for next year: February 18th. Come on, you guys know what I'm talkin' about smile.gif

- Ali

------------------

This weeks gigs:

Thursday - My Room

Friday - My Basement

PM for Guestlist

mine was Labor Day.......CPI.....Saturday and Sunday.......I just had so much fun ....and Jason Ojeda played GREAT both nights.............. smile.gif can't wait for this summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YeY!!!! smile.gif

~Lola~

------------------

"I don't want you to love me........"

1st-EXIT

Well i would have to say i had so many great nights at exit, but i remember two nights that were incredible -7/7/00 and also this past friday 12/15/00, I had such a blast, the music was off the hook.

2-SF

Sex in the city

s&m show, wow. Omg did anyone see the sex shows they were having at the s&m show??

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com

Originally posted by sosultan:

my bad, i guess i wasn't clear

you seem to be one of the bigger worshippers of S&D, I wouldn't believe it if you had listed any other djs...

cwm1.gif

Haha...guess you got me there!! Talking international though (like janky said).... Sept 12@Pacha (Ibiza) with Oakey AND Sept 11@Priviledge (Ibiza) for Manumission. You guys talk about nice clubs..that club is fuckin amazing...a DJ booth surrounded by a moat, fed by a waterfalls. Performers all about the place, a dancefloor the size of a football field and the club easily the size of an airplane hanger!! No wonder they call that the biggest club in the world!!

BTW, sosultan, you coming to the dinner meet-up tonite?

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

[This message has been edited by raver_mania (edited 12-20-2000).]

Short, simple and to the point.

Best set of my 13 years of clubbing.

1.Tenaglia @ Space Miami, WMC 2000 "Nothing else comes close!"

2. Tenaglia & Laurent Garnier @ Space Ibiza, closing parties Sunday September 10th 2000

3. Danny Howells @ Twilo 7 hour set September 2000

4. Honorable mention to Diggers set in October 2000 @ Twilo. 3 words. In DA ZONE!

hands down the greatest night this year and EVER was temptations labor day 2000 (sunday).. for the people that were there they would understand...no other club has bouncers that spray the crowd with super soakers...and dance on the bars and hang from the ceilings.. the energy that denny tsettos provides on his home is amazing..that night was amazing....

2nd) that comes a little close but not really was march 13, 1998 Arabian nights at sf...

Originally posted by foxyroxy20:

1st-EXIT

Well i would have to say i had so many great nights at exit, but i remember two nights that were incredible -7/7/00 and also this past friday 12/15/00, I had such a blast, the music was off the hook.

2-SF

Sex in the city

s&m show, wow. Omg did anyone see the sex shows they were having at the s&m show??

Is anyone else wondering what made these specific night's so good?? Common, fill us in. Did you get lucky or what??

cwm35.gif

Mine would have to be @ ROXY'S saturday night during LABOR DAY WKND. I'm not sure who was playing but it was SICK SICK SICK!!!

Crawled out of there at 8:30 am still rolling and headed straight to the beach. The music was still in my head at the shore!!! AAWWWWWWWW

------------------

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

AIM: Xxlea77

Originally posted by amorettony:

Is anyone else wondering what made these specific night's so good?? Common, fill us in. Did you get lucky or what??

cwm35.gif

well i was talking about the music. exit has tony draper and sf has jonathan peters, didnt think i had to say what made them great, it was the music i was talking about. I dont go to a club to hook up, i go to dance, and those nights the music was its best for me.

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com