Clubplanet Nightlife Community

vanguard - wtf is up?

JuddyBuddy

i've been waiting to see that someone even just halfway decent is coming to vanguard on a friday or saturday for a LONG time so i can head back there for a night, and i'm still waiting. wtf is up with that. the place kicks ass - just needs a good DJ night.

C'MON VANGUARD - GIDDY UP!!!

^yep, it does take time. vanguard had lots of talent coming through last year with heaven's night, which stopped around the end of summer. they'll probably pick it up again this summer. can't wait, because it is a nice venue and welcome alternative to avaland.

• 2 weeks later...

i hear a lot of good vibes from this place. wed = drum and bass, fri = asian nights and other nights are supposed to be good. this is a bad ass place for clubbing. i hope they keep it up and keep getting good dj's and stuff there. need to make sure the place has good promoters.

need to get some pictues of events up too at some point.

long story short - they take in 2-3X as much in alcohol sales on the 'asian' nites on fridays as they did when they brought in the big DJs. that's why you haven't seen any EDM DJs there recently except PVD - you do the math :)

still not cool, and only cause it doesn't go both ways.

to use your justification, let's say that white people spend more on alcohol than black people. no fuckin way would that make it okay for there to be a "white people" night, purely because whites spend more?!? the NAACP would shut it down before it even started, and i wouldn't blame 'em.

the shit is hippocritical and painfully racist. i stand by what i said.

still not cool, and only cause it doesn't go both ways.

to use your justification, let's say that white people spend more on alcohol than black people. no fuckin way would that make it okay for there to be a "white people" night, purely because whites spend more?!? the NAACP would shut it down before it even started, and i wouldn't blame 'em.

the shit is hippocritical and painfully racist. i stand by what i said.

i'm with jb on this.

I don’t think it’s racist at all for the Asian night at Vanguard. Say, DMK, Ktown213 promote events for everyone on their site and what not. Yet, who’s going to be looking at their sites? Asians will be looking at it, not Black, White or Green people. Fuck it, if they promote the club and can bring money to a venue, as a business owner, wouldn’t you want to maximize your potential revenue? I know on the surface it does not sound cool having an all Asian club, but fuck it. The promoters don’t give a fuck who comes because it’s about the money; yet they tend to draw their own people as that is the group that is looking at their sites and on their mailing list. With all these different clubs, all Black, Hispanic, and what ever else there is, fuck it. Let them have their shit. Go down to New Port Beach, Huntington Beach, Laguna Nigel, etc and you will have lots of white clubs with little to no minorities there. No one says shit about that. If you don’t like these clubs, there are lots of other clubs with a mixed group. The beauty of the thing is that we have the ability to go places to enjoy what we want to enjoy.

Side note, when I was in school, having these ethnic clubs did kind of suck because if we did have a white club, then that would be shot down and seemed to be racist. Yet, now a days, white people have become less racist due to the pressures not to be and it’s like reverse racism now. We have to get over this though. Don’t blame anything on racism, get beyond that and look for positive solutions to this. We all have our shit as a race to go though and we white people still have it pretty well over all. So, don’t bring up racism and see it for what it really is. Try checking out these ethnic clubs and see the vibes.

It’s all love in the clubs! Instead of complaining about something, come up with viable solutions to fix or make things better.

go tell a black man that's looking to buy a house in laguna beach that "there are plenty of other places to go - maybe you should check them out instead". then tell him "instead of complaining about something, come up with viable solutions." see what happens.

and when he kicks your teeth in, i won't blame him one bit. i might even help.

long story short - they take in 2-3X as much in alcohol sales on the 'asian' nites on fridays as they did when they brought in the big DJs. that's why you haven't seen any EDM DJs there recently except PVD - you do the math :)

I figured their water sales would be the one to skyrocket on Asian nights...lol

good point, but don't you think a night labeled "straight night" would be met with a ton of criticism?

i'm just pointing out the reverse racism trend and its hippocrtitical nature. it shouldn't be OK just because you're a minority. if anything, it feeds segregation, which is what we all supposedly don't want, right?? ;)

good point, but don't you think a night labeled "straight night" would be met with a ton of criticism?

i'm just pointing out the reverse racism trend and its hippocrtitical nature. it shouldn't be OK just because you're a minority. if anything, it feeds segregation, which is what we all supposedly don't want, right?? ;)

The shouldnt let anyone in the pubs on St Pattys Day that wears aqua marine or turquoise. jk And no one should serve Heineken on Cinco De Mayo.

If to take a look at it from the point of equality, one could say the every night at the bar is straight/white night. To equal out the playing field they have specific nights for each of the smaller groups within our society. So there is a logic to it.

A logic I don't agree with. If people keep making distinctions then segregation will remain. I find it best to ignore it entirely. I'll go on girls/asain/gay nights or regular nights (if there is such a thing) all the same. It is all about the music after all, who cares what the person next to you looks like.

...i'm just pointing out the reverse racism trend and its hippocrtitical nature...
i just have to object to the phrase "reverse racism"; that's always bothered me. racism means discrimination towards any race; not just the ones that are more often targeted.
It is all about the music after all, who cares what the person next to you looks like.
as long as people are being themselves (read = no phonies!!!) and not hurting anyone, i'm with you.

LOLA... I don't mind having GAY night.. in fact I'd rather have gay nite than asian nite... I've just had such bad experience with overly trashed asians. I just don't want to go out anymore because of them... it's horrendous.... i tell ya!!!

I'll take you out here and you'll notice....