Clubplanet Nightlife Community

AM I THE ONLY ONE HERE WHO THINKS S&D ARE COMPLETELY MEDIOCRE/AVERAGE?

Originally posted by raver_mania:

Yo first of all, get your own f**kin scren-name - I know eggmok, and you're not him. And second, what does half the crowd being European have to do with ANYTHING?? Did you know that 40% of New Yorkers are NOT EVEN US citizens?

Also, their popularity does not rely on love-struck teenagers. It is based on music literates involved in the electronic music scene.

First off, Dotty-head, as A Ravin Manic, of course you and your pacifier would be fond of them. But hear me out. You are saying that because they pack every place from here to Packistan that they ,ust be good. All i'm saying is that doesn't neccesarily classify music as good. Case in point, these boy bands. Right?

They are not horriible, and like i said, to each his own. I f you like them fine, but don;t come down on me or someone for saying that we'd rather pass.

You feel what i'm sayin, Bachrad?

peace & god bless

------------------

Short people got no reason..short people got no, no reason...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by eggmok2000:

First off, Dotty-head, as A Ravin Manic, of course you and your pacifier would be fond of them. But hear me out. You are saying that because they pack every place from here to Packistan that they ,ust be good. All i'm saying is that doesn't neccesarily classify music as good. Case in point, these boy bands. Right?

They are not horriible, and like i said, to each his own. I f you like them fine, but don;t come down on me or someone for saying that we'd rather pass.

You feel what i'm sayin, Bachrad?

peace & god bless

LOL...now I know I'm talking to an immature kid. Why else would

somone come out with name-calling in the middle of an argument?

Yo, don't know what your point is in pulling out names (other than

frustration, which is acutely obvious from your last post), but

popularity by people literate in a certain field DOES make it

important. Your analogy to the BSB and N-sync is completely off-mark.

Sure you can dislike them...I'll say the same thing I told foxyroxy -

you're in the minority (in the music scene).

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

All I'm saying is that you're in the minority in disliking Sasha & Digweed (at least their CDs).

yeah but i knew that and u knew that from my first post.

Thats why theres lots of clubs and dj's , casue no everyone likes just a particular club or a particluar dj, and also cause theres lots of ppl for them to fit in one club.

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com

Originally posted by msoprano13:

okay first off i have heard some cd's and i do not like them, maybe live is different but i really dont care, and what is this about the journey, people have mentioned this before and the journey sucks, i forgot who said it but that person said"i like to go to a club and be smashed over the head with a sledgs hammer" now that what im talking about, and why do i have to stay until after 6 am to hear the hard ass beats, what is that all about. i like to dance hardcore all night, not only after a certain time, by those comments being said that only validates my statements that the music is soft for a a majority of the night

hmmmm...

so mike what was the name of this, how you say, Sasha and digweed cd?

and we're did you get it? considering you get all your house cd's from me??

confused.gif

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

LOL...now I know I'm talking to an immature kid. Why else would

somone come out with name-calling in the middle of an argument?

Yo, don't know what your point is in pulling out names (other than

frustration, which is acutely obvious from your last post), but

popularity by people literate in a certain field DOES make it

important. Your analogy to the BSB and N-sync is completely off-mark.

Sure you can dislike them...I'll say the same thing I told foxyroxy -

you're in the minority (in the music scene).

Brother, i'm through with this shit. Fine. You like S&D. Good for you. I don't. End of story. No more name calling.

peace

------------------

Short people got no reason..short people got no, no reason...

Originally posted by eggmok2000:

Brother, i'm through with this shit. Fine. You like S&D. Good for you. I don't. End of story. No more name calling.

peace

NOt a problem with me...I didn't start it.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

I have been going to see S&D for almost 3 years. Like any dj, they have their off nights. What people have to understand is they play CREATIVE electronic music. You are not always gonna hear lots of trance, lots of house etc. What you are guaranteed, is new, innovative sounds, everything from the vocally house in the early hours to electronica at closing time. I can understand those of you who like PVD or Oakie better but what do you like better? That they play to your ear? that they play the same set week after week? That they play melodic trance that even the least discenring ear can enjoy? Sasha and Digweed might be overrated but they put a lot of effort into creativity while throwing a phat party, thats one thing that a lot of the other mainstream dj's are missing.

i dont even know why i get into these arguements as most people are totally clueless. first off never judge djs based on their cds, unless its danny tsettos or one of these nycheeze djs. cuz they basically play out the same 10 records at clubs and on their mix cds. secondly, that 'soft' stuff you refer to is infact not soft. it might be at a lower bpm, but thats whats called 'creating a set' s&d, as well as many other 'quality' djs start off with minimal stuff, deeper house, and build it up to a climax, many climaxes actually over the night. and as far as their music not being exactly techno or trance or house, thats ridiculous. as someone said, they blend all these different genres of music to create the best sets of any djs i've heard. now this 'to each their own' is a creed to live by, but if you're gonna make comments, atleast be knowledgible of what you're talkin about...

and please refrain from commenting if you haven't seen them live...

thanks...

------------------

chronic is the answer...

i'm gonna follow p00h's lead and say something constructive instead of bickering.

about the whole 5-6am thing that some people dont' like-

IN MY OPINION- this is a pretty damn cool aspect of their sets. It's christmas time, so i'm gonna relate it to giftgiving. Isn't half the fun of getting a present from a special person, the anticipation to what it's gonna be? you know it's gonna knock your socks off, but you don't know how. isn't that so much better than knowing right away what you're gonna be getting?

just my .02

------------------

sasha1.jpg

the music we like reflect our personalities, therefore, we enjoy different DJs

i'm glad that so many people do not like S&D, there will be more room on the dance floor for their real fans smile.gif

------------------

i look and there is nothing!

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

hmmmm...

so mike what was the name of this, how you say, Sasha and digweed cd?

and we're did you get it? considering you get all your house cd's from me??

confused.gif

you brought one in my car one day and we listened to it, i think you brought 2 in actually

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"TO EACH HIS OWN" not sure by who but i like it

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

chick.gif

Hello... did you read what I said at all??

I said..."Everyone is entitled to their own taste.. I just happen to like pure house, pure trance, or pure techno...no in between...that's just me.."

I LOVE it that everyone has their own taste..S&D just dont float my boat..bastardino asked if anyone felt that way..so I answered.

and yes..I AM a music snob..I have been into electronic music for over 10 years now, have my own tables and know many people in the biz. Call me asinine or a bitch..but I don't like to be smooshed in with many many people who go out to get fucked up..and I'm sorry...but that IS the way the crowd at S&D is..

I definitely do NOT think its about knowing what the dj's look like..I just think it very ironic that people will stand for 2 hrs on a line to not know who they are seeing...that's all...

I know you love S&D...be defensive all you want...I understand...if someone said that shit about jeff mills..I would answer back as well..

-J

------------------

" I give in to sin ..Because you have to make this life liveable "-DM

Smoknjilly@aol.com

I AGREE, TO ME THEIR MUSIC IS TOO SOFT AND TRANCEY, I LOVE THE HARD ASS BEATS

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"TO EACH HIS OWN" not sure by who but i like it

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

chick.gif

have you ever even heard them?

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Too soft?? Too trancey??

Mikey, I think you might be talking about someone else cause you just described what they are NOT! At one point I thought their music was too hard and too dark, but I've come to appreciate Digweed. I stil get a lil' iffy when it comes to Sasha but Digweed really does kick a serious ass and then he'll rip you a new asshole!! cwm24.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

“The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less.” - Brendon Behan angel.gif

I'm gonna hafta agree that Sasha sucks ass. He just never does anything for me, I can't even get through half of any of his cd's.

Digweed, on the other hand, always rocks the house for me.

But I've never seen them live, cause Twilo sucks worse than Sasha!

------------------

BACSig2.gif

To each their own

Eggmonk 2000: I think you go a little overboard with your remark. Watch it---I was offended and I'm not the sensitive type AND I'm not a huge S&D fan.

I think it was supposed to be funny, but everyone's a comic and no one is laughing.

Soft and trancey???? You have no idea what you're talking about. I bet you've never seen them before. And if you had, you probably left by 3:30.

What, do you like the NY Hard house sound that hasn't changed since 97???

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

have you ever even heard them?

LOL!!!!!!!

nope that one NEVER makes it into the system . . . so of course it's too soft wink.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Originally posted by Jilly:

I totally agree with ya bastard...

I just happen to like pure house, pure trance, or pure techno...no in between...that's just me.. :)

-J

Hey Jilly

Can you explain what is "Pure House. Pure Trance, Pure Techno.....etc! I think Sasha and Digweed are as pure as you can get.

Pin2 cwm5.gif

------------------

They call me Pin2 short for Pintu

Is there a Pin1 and Pin3???

I say I say ol'chump how you say "LET PARTY"

"Imigination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein

"We all fell better in the DARK!" -PSB

S&D are solid, they are defineately not my favorite, they sometimes spin too much of their own stuff @ twilo, their cd's can be slow moving at times, and i don't understand how they got so huge, but shit, good for them.

------------------

No bullshit

Originally posted by kaspr:

Soft and trancey???? You have no idea what you're talking about. I bet you've never seen them before. And if you had, you probably left by 3:30.

What, do you like the NY Hard house sound that hasn't changed since 97???

Totally agree with you! Especially on the last comment. I've been going to clubs for almost 6 years now and while I like most clubs I get to (yes Exit and SF too!), I ALWAYS look forward to hearing S & D. I always try to keep an open mind and value other people's opinions but I am sorry, S & D are one of the MOST respected DJ acts throughout the world. So to blast them and call them boring is wrong. Then again, there are those hwo DESPISE Junior Vasquez and Jonathon Peters and they have every right to do so... As Karl Marx said, "... to each their own.." (I am not a commie, I just LOVE that quote!) smile.gif

------------------

AnnaBanana