Clubplanet Nightlife Community

$50 to see JP @ Pacha. WTF.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats fucking stupid to pay just to see JP. ;)

This has to be the smartest comment youve ever made. But then again maybe its not about the music at his parties entirely, maybe its THE PARTY itself. Which i cant relate too, cause i need the music to be awesome at any party im at.

You have to remember that Pacha isn't THAT Big a of a club compared to say Exit, and plus because it is him going back to that spot, it will be a mad house.

The higher ticket price is a way to shoo some people away, otherwise it will just be out of control trying to handle the crowds.

For those non-fans it isnt worth it.

For us who do occasionally like JP and also (iI wont go so far as to say back home, because it has changed) but understand what this means to some people.

Like it or not JP@SF was a big thing. This is, in some aspect, the same as twilo having another one night only party with sasha and digweed or Lawler. (not making a comparative statement on music or anything, just as far as following and fan-base).

I understand some people hatred to JP or B&T or Harder genre's of house music. Put that all aside and see what this is as a whole.

Whether you agree or not, this is how I see it (and I am damn well sure alot of others will agree).

Tek

JP will be laughing all the way to the bank. All the high school kids will come in droves w/ their $50 in hand to hear JP play the same junk that he always does (Deep Throat, Women Beat Their Men, GTI, etc.) b/c they don't know the first thing about good music. They'll hear songs looped for hours and crappy mixing done w/ the help of an EFX box and go home and tell all their friends that it was the best night ever; it was the return of SF. In reality they just got ripped off to go hear a DJ who is hanging on to his past glory.

holidays are alot more but he is definitely expensive to book..

$20,000 HAHHAHAHHAHA...thats mad funny, i really dont think thats his going rate. If for some crazy reason he does get $20,000 thats insane...

Wonder is he is known anywhere overseas.

For us who do occasionally like JP and also (iI wont go so far as to say back home, because it has changed) but understand what this means to some people.

Like it or not JP@SF was a big thing. This is, in some aspect, the same as twilo having another one night only party with sasha and digweed or Lawler. (not making a comparative statement on music or anything, just as far as following and fan-base).

I understand some people hatred to JP or B&T or Harder genre's of house music. Put that all aside and see what this is as a whole.

Whether you agree or not, this is how I see it (and I am damn well sure alot of others will agree).

Tek

I hear what your saying and YES i fall into one or all those categories you describe depending on what you think of me. BUT i will say that for the die hard fans it will be something special and for the first timers they will want to ONLY be part of that scene for long time and think that is the only type of party should be like. But im sure it will be alot of fun for the fans like yourself, so enjoy. We may not know each other or agree with musical styles but i do wish for you to have a good time.

JP at global gathering was hilarious, it started with like 40 people in front of him,he was on the main stage, 10 minutes into the set there was 10 people left including a girl with JP tatooed on her back, deep dish was in the tent about 50 yards away just roking the crowd, my friend said come on lets go check out JP for old times sake, wow like 15 minutes later bored out of my mind back to deep dish we went, who were just killing at this point, whole crowd was moving and dancing. Im not a JP hater but that set was sad, than running into everybody from NY during WMC, and they were were going to Nikki Beach saturday for JP, I said to myself and my friend the top DJS on the planet are at ultra and these people are going to see the same DJ they see at least once a month in NYC, go figure

Tek

very well put...I personally think JP has sucked for the past couple of years, but I probably won't be able to resist checking this out. $50 is ridiculous but most of us JP fans paid that much to get into SF many times. It might be worth it just to see what members of the SF crowd are still alive and not incarcerated.

They are making it 50 bucks because they know the majority of the people will pay it. The people who are gonna attend this party are mostly goning to be the old school factory heads. It is a great moment for them, because its JP back at factory for the first time. Im sure it will trigger many memories for them, and see some old friends they have not seen in a while. Eveyone on this board knows the music is going to be inferior, and there will be at least 3 trainwrecks in his set. Most of his fans will be too banged up to even realize, or remember any of the tracks he played. Its just sad when you can go to crobar and hear world DJ legends, such as Sasha and Digweed for the same price. That is pure insulting. 50 bucks to hear a Jonathan Peters. A guy who has not put together a set that was even close to being good, in 2 plus years. Whoever goes I hope you have a great time, and I honestly hope he kills it for you guys. But if he doesnt, eveyone who goes, and post on this board, just think, and maybe try to come to the conclusion that JP is inferior.

and they were were going to Nikki Beach saturday for JP, I said to myself and my friend the top DJS on the planet are at ultra and these people are going to see the same DJ they see at least once a month in NYC, go figure

I talked to a kid who is friends with one of my best friends. He told me about a week before he was going down who he was going to see. He's like "Bro, I got tix for Calderone, JP, Boris, then JP at Nocturnal."

I said...wtf are you wasting that much money to go to Miami to see those fucks...when you can cab it across town for 5 bucks and see them here at Crobar or wherever the fuck they'll let JP play.

Honestly the way i see it is this is a last ditch effort by Pacha to try anything to make that club work they are getting their brains beat in the problem is JP = YOUNG and DRUGS two things the City has been looking to crack down on lately ................

finally JP is 95% whack 5 % good time the odds are against him

I hear what your saying and YES i fall into one or all those categories you describe depending on what you think of me. BUT i will say that for the die hard fans it will be something special and for the first timers they will want to ONLY be part of that scene for long time and think that is the only type of party should be like. But im sure it will be alot of fun for the fans like yourself, so enjoy. We may not know each other or agree with musical styles but i do wish for you to have a good time.

nice reply....

They are making it 50 bucks because they know the majority of the people will pay it. The people who are gonna attend this party are mostly goning to be the old school factory heads. It is a great moment for them, because its JP back at factory for the first time. Im sure it will trigger many memories for them, and see some old friends they have not seen in a while. Eveyone on this board knows the music is going to be inferior, and there will be at least 3 trainwrecks in his set. Most of his fans will be too banged up to even realize, or remember any of the tracks he played. Its just sad when you can go to crobar and hear world DJ legends, such as Sasha and Digweed for the same price. That is pure insulting. 50 bucks to hear a Jonathan Peters. A guy who has not put together a set that was even close to being good, in 2 plus years. Whoever goes I hope you have a great time, and I honestly hope he kills it for you guys. But if he doesnt, eveyone who goes, and post on this board, just think, and maybe try to come to the conclusion that JP is inferior.

i'm sure i will like the music