Clubplanet Nightlife Community

$50 to see JP @ Pacha. WTF.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea you, and about 10 other people!!!

haha well i'm unique i love my monotonous beats and long loops i dont really play like that too much but for some reason i love em wheni go out. I hope he plays some discoy tracks that will make my day.

Ok...Here we go ppl always have sumthing 2 say about Jonathan soo quick 2 speak...1)Yea since he left the factory he hasnt been the old jonathan..but after me hearing him on the Rooftop @ Nocturnal...He DESTROYED it...killing that Dirty TECH. Producing on the FLY like crazy..what other DJs do that expect a select few international Djs OK...2)Yes,$50...its might not be SF nemore but hes back in that same building ok..N the turn out will OUTSTANDING..3)PPl r soo quick 2 talk shit but they cant even fuckin MIX a record so RELAX okk...

you people keep calling JP a DJ

literally he does not use discs/records

he really is a Composer/Instrumentalist

JP has disapiontted me in the past but has also provided me with great mornings

he is ground breaking with the way he plays music... and has soo much talent

all jokes aside...his focus when working....ive never seen a DJ work that hard..

people who hate on him for his crowd is one thing...but he is no where near washed up...

he is taking music to a whole new level and im gladd to be there for the ride

There's no way in fuck it's 20g's...last year it was 10

believe it or not, that is what his management charges. i remember workin at nikki beach in AC last summer and just to book him it was lik 20-25k. i personally dont think he is even worth 10k, but this guy still has a shit load of people that follow him to whereever he spins. thats why most of his parties are 18 and up now.

Z

Def agree with you..He has Def Took it 2 a whole DIFFERENT LEVEL..He produces on the fly like crazy..Ppl just dont understand what he does n LUV 2 HATE PLEASE...N its not like he cant spin records FLAWLESS..He has for so many years n still can..He just taking BEYOND that point..He is def an artist..Man has skills PERIOD...

PPl r soo quick 2 talk shit but they cant even fuckin MIX a record so RELAX okk...

JP himself can't mix to save his life. He uses the EFX box to disguise that fact. Guaranteed you'll hear several trainwrecks the next time he plays.

But since half the crowd doesn't know any better or is too fucked up to realize it, they continue to think he's the best DJ ever.

Im Not Goin 2 Even Argue With This Topic Bc No Matter What Ppl Will Have A Comment Or Hate...n U Know What I Probaly Know More Bout Muzik Then U Ever Will Ok..jonathan Isnt The Only Dj I Like Ok...but Hes On A Differnt Level Ok What He Does Bottom Line..i Know What Capabile Of...even In The Past Man Jsut Dont Play Records..he Works Them 2 Death...no Other Dj Does That..

I think JP can mix songs perfectly and thats not the problem at all. If all he's equipment blew and all he had was records then it'll probably be the best night but lately he's been playing with new toys and everything and I think thats making it harder to spin since its a lot more work like 10 EFX boxes and computers. He's just trying to give a little spice to things and be different then the one record to the next DJ. I can see what he's trying to do but I think he's trying too hard. He's been DJing he's entire life, I don't think we can honestly say he cant put two records together. You don't just lose that talent out of nowhere.

JP himself can't mix to save his life. He uses the EFX box to disguise that fact. Guaranteed you'll hear several trainwrecks the next time he plays.

But since half the crowd doesn't know any better or is too fucked up to realize it, they continue to think he's the best DJ ever.

if he cant mix to save his life then why are club owners, managers and promoters willing to pay him 20 grand for a spot. get real. yes JPs best years were back in the day at sound factory. times has changed and there are alot of good djs out there. NONE of them get 20 grand to do a spont in the tri-state area or even anywhere else in the US. but JP does, so that is kinda telling you something. i know alot of other people hate on him too, but dont go sayin that he can't mix for shit. seriously

Jack Z

if he cant mix to save his life then why are club owners, managers and promoters willing to pay him 20 grand for a spot. get real. yes JPs best years were back in the day at sound factory. times has changed and there are alot of good djs out there. NONE of them get 20 grand to do a spont in the tri-state area or even anywhere else in the US. but JP does, so that is kinda telling you something. i know alot of other people hate on him too, but dont go sayin that he can't mix for shit. seriously

The reason JP is making $ is b/c he draws crowds to his events. I will give him that. Webster Hall draws big crowds too; should I assume that it's a great club w/ great DJs?

Just b/c someone draws crowds does not make him/her a great DJ. And I'm sticking by my statement that JP can't mix. Were you at his party at Roseland? If you were, you would have heard several trainwrecks. And don't even get me started on his track selection. His productions are terrible and hearing Deep Throat for an hour is enough to make anyone wanna bang their head against the wall.

$50 for this party is a joke. But people will still pay. b/c the crowd will consist of a bunch of high school kids who don't know any better and a bunch of old SF heads trying to relive the glory days of JP.

The reason JP is making $ is b/c he draws crowds to his events. I will give him that. Webster Hall draws big crowds too; should I assume that it's a great club w/ great DJs?

Just b/c someone draws crowds does not make him/her a great DJ. And I'm sticking by my statement that JP can't mix. Were you at his party at Roseland? If you were, you would have heard several trainwrecks. And don't even get me started on his track selection. His productions are terrible and hearing Deep Throat for an hour is enough to make anyone wanna bang their head against the wall.

$50 for this party is a joke. But people will still pay. b/c the crowd will consist of a bunch of high school kids who don't know any better and a bunch of old SF heads trying to relive the glory days of JP.

i understand what you mean but why would you even go to anymore of his parties if he can't mix. i have not heard JP since the factory days. i dont think any nightclub now can compare to how JP was back then with JP. like i said his best days were years ago at factory. every stupid lil special event he did was $50 bucks to get in cause thats what he wants. and of course he will get it.

Z

YOU PEOPLE ARE FUCKING INSANE!!!! WE ARE TALKING ABOUT JONATHAN PETERS GOING BACK TO HIS HOME FOR THE 1ST TIME!!!! THERE WAS NO CLUB IN ANY SINGLE ERA THAT EVER TOPPED JP AT THE ORGINAL SF!!!! HE RIPPED IT SO FUCKING SICK THERE FOR ALL THOSE YEARS AND I HAVE SOME OF MY FAVORITE MEMORIES AT SF!!!! I WOULD HONESTLY PAY $100 TO SEE JP BACK IN HIS HOME FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!! ANYONE WHO SAYS DIFFERENTLY ARE JUST A BUNCH OF HATERS AND PLEASE DON'T COME AT ME WITH THE "I DON'T KNOW REAL HOUSE MUSIC" BULLSHIT EITHER!!!! I HAVE BEEN IN AND AROUND THIS INDUSTRY FOR SOME TIME NOW SO EITHER SHUT THE FUCK UP OR COME MEET ME ON THE DANCE FLOOR BITCHES!!!!! :bounce:

For those non-fans it isnt worth it.

For us who do occasionally like JP and also (iI wont go so far as to say back home, because it has changed) but understand what this means to some people.

Like it or not JP@SF was a big thing. This is, in some aspect, the same as twilo having another one night only party with sasha and digweed or Lawler. (not making a comparative statement on music or anything, just as far as following and fan-base).

I understand some people hatred to JP or B&T or Harder genre's of house music. Put that all aside and see what this is as a whole.

Whether you agree or not, this is how I see it (and I am damn well sure alot of others will agree).

Tek

yea that means that all majority of people who attended sf on regular basis are going to crawl out of the shithole crackden in which they been hiding all these years and come out......great def something to look foward to.....

i think 50 dollars is fuckin cheap, they would prob be able to get away chargin 75 dollars just for jp comin back there, 50 is pretty reasonable ......plus if i remembe rrite all the sf theme parties were 50 bucks so his fans are use to paying that much....all the people who are complaining that the price is 50 bucks arent even going so why do you people care so much??

you people keep calling JP a DJ

literally he does not use discs/records

he really is a Composer/Instrumentalist

JP has disapiontted me in the past but has also provided me with great mornings

he is ground breaking with the way he plays music... and has soo much talent

all jokes aside...his focus when working....ive never seen a DJ work that hard..

people who hate on him for his crowd is one thing...but he is no where near washed up...

he is taking music to a whole new level and im gladd to be there for the ride

he really is a Composer/Instrumentalist????

i dunno i thought talent was based on human emotion towards music and not a computer to beatmatch the next loop coming in......its just my opinion...

watching him play with 20,000$ worth of equiptment live , i just expected much more......rather than more mistakes he tends to use more often as he progresses.