Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: Crobar Personel

WHATS FUNNY IS YOU DONT EVEN KNOW HOW MANY STATES THERE ARE!

SO YOUR TELLING ME... ITS 50... BUT ITS 52 WITH ALASKA AND HAWAII?

just out of curiousity... what J.H.S. did you NOT graduate from?

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gabo
WHATS FUNNY IS YOU DONT EVEN KNOW HOW MANY STATES THERE ARE!

SO YOUR TELLING ME... ITS 50... BUT ITS 52 WITH ALASKA AND HAWAII?

aaaahahahaha can't stop laughing at this.

i think a total lack of business, R & D, as well as basic American knowledge is totally missing here... but then again, todays youth is a shame..... i think cp has to cut off members from 2005+, or require a faxed copy of D.L. and H.S. diploma for future registration.

United States, officially United States of America, republic (2005 est. pop. 295,734,000), 3,539,227 sq mi (9,166,598 sq km), North America. The United States is the world's third largest country in population and the fourth largest country in area. It consists of 50 states and a federal district. The conterminous (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) United States stretches across central North America from the Atlantic Ocean on the east to the Pacific Ocean on the west, and from Canada on the north to Mexico and the Gulf of Mexico on the south. The state of Alaska is located in extreme NW North America between the Arctic and Pacific oceans and is bordered by Canada on the east. The state of Hawaii, an island chain, is situated in the E central Pacific Ocean c.2,100 mi (3,400 km) SW of San Francisco. Washington, D.C., is the capital of the United States, and New York is its largest city.

the last fact is the most important

any club can enforce any door policy they like

in this case a few very scary people have ruined it for the rest.

ive seen this at spirit & crobar & elsewhere & I understand crobars door policy & Im ok with strict door policies. its always been like this, Ive been going out since studio 54 in late 70s

any club can enforce any door policy they like

in this case a few very scary people have ruined it for the rest.

ive seen this at spirit & crobar & elsewhere & I understand crobars door policy & Im ok with strict door policies. its always been like this, Ive been going out since studio 54 in late 70s

How old are you?

. On the flip side, I went to go see Peter Rauhofer with Ingrid at Roxy a couple of years ago. They didn't let us in because she was a girl. Was I annoyed, yes. I'm there for the music and I frankly could care less if it's a gay club or not. .

Yeah right. For the music. We all know you were a Saturday night Roxy regular before you skipped town :D

This is absolutely right. That's precisely one of the reasons why the Civil Rights Act was passed, to end discrimination by places of "public accommodation", that includes restuarants, hotels and certain places of entertainment, which includes nightclubs. There's debate as to whether the Civil Rights Act is even constitutional in the first place, but irrespective of that, that's the law in the U.S. and it's not going to change.

A member's only club is one thing, but a place like Crobar that holds itself out as open to the public would be considered a place of public accommodation under the law, and could consequently be held liable for excluding people based on race. They can discriminate because someone is fat, short, ugly, is dressed like a schlep (those categories are obviously not protected under the law), but they can't discriminate based on race which is a protected category. Any club is entitled a door policy, but it cannot be based on race.

Is it an easy case to prove? Not likely, a club can make the argument that these particular people come every week and get fucked up beyond recognition so they don't let them in on that basis, but the fact remains that if there is plausible evidence of discrimination, a case could certainly be made on valid legal grounds. There have been a number of lawsuits against nightclubs on Title II grounds. This is nothing new. Constitutional Law 101. I don't really see a lawsuit happening though.

And by the way: STFU. What do you think you are, a lawyer or something?

Man, this thread alone has made it clear who the fucking KKK members of the board are. Jesus Christ...I thought this was NYC, where people actually weren't as ignorant as those brother and sister fucking hicks from ... New Jersey. Only goes to show how fucking stupid half of you are.

So you had a bad experience w/ Asians. We've all bad experiences at clubs. Shit, I've had more bad experiences with white people than I care to count. Every group has its assholes. Period.

Good statement. Finally someone with a brain.

Whatever, this will make it to some asian-american union board and then they'll get the city and state involved, then cops will be sitting in front of crobar and give them all sorts of unrelated problems for a while. Then things will simmer down and things will start all over again. Shit happened at Exit, Twilo, Tunnel, blah blah blah.

This isn't anything new. Same racist shit happens by a club and you same racist fucks jump on the bandwagon and start cyber-lynching an entire race of people. Someone should just tie you racist asswipes to the back of your pickups and drag your sorry asses down the street.

any club has a right to enforce any door policy they like. its NOT a public establishment its a PRIvate establishment.

if a patron doesnt like a clubs door policy they have a right not to attend. if anyone objects to crobar or another clubs policies: DONT SPEND Your money there!!!!