Clubplanet Nightlife Community

crobar discriminatory practices

First of all, thank you to the individual who had referred me to the thread about discriminatory practices at Crobar in New York City.

I am involved in a watchdog organization that monitors racism and discriminatory actions against Asian-Americans.

There has appeared to be a pattern of racial profiling and other blatant acts by this business which are illegal on both the federal and state level. These are egrecious policies which should be immediately brought to the attention of the appropriate governmental agencies. Publicity will also be sent to various Asian organizations and media outlets.

In addition, it is also imperative to financially punish any organization/corporation actively engaging in any illegal discriminatory practices. Therefore, a class action lawsuit would be appropriate and considered if there is ample evidence to suggest a repeated pattern of racial profiling. If you have had such an unfortunate experience at the above corporation, please send me details of the event that had occurred. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for your cause(i'm asian), but there was no shortage of asian people at tiesto either night, or any of the times I have been there. I don't want to have this turn into another 20 pager, but the bottom line is if they're keeping out people who they think are the crackheads, then that's fine... and it's not hard to tell which ones they are.

First of all, thank you to the individual who had referred me to the thread about discriminatory practices at Crobar in New York City.

I am involved in a watchdog organization that monitors racism and discriminatory actions against Asian-Americans.

There has appeared to be a pattern of racial profiling and other blatant acts by this business which are illegal on both the federal and state level. These are egrecious policies which should be immediately brought to the attention of the appropriate governmental agencies. Publicity will also be sent to various Asian organizations and media outlets.

In addition, it is also imperative to financially punish any organization/corporation actively engaging in any illegal discriminatory practices. Therefore, a class action lawsuit would be appropriate and considered if there is ample evidence to suggest a repeated pattern of racial profiling. If you have had such an unfortunate experience at the above corporation, please send me details of the event that had occurred. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

With his screen name, he sounds like another lawyer lookin to make money. BWAHAHAHAAAA

First of all, by these acusations only gives the club a bad name, what happens after that? hmmm closure? so what now? then you guys cant complain no further... HAHA USE YOUR HEADS YOU MORONS go to avalon or something ...

First of all, by these acusations only gives the club a bad name, what happens after that? hmmm closure? so what now? then you guys cant complain no further... HAHA USE YOUR HEADS YOU MORONS go to avalon or something ...

Fuck you. Why don't YOU go to avalon?

lol. anyway...

I have nothing to say bad about CROBAR. Let them let in who ever they want to. I think people are getting spoiled with these clubs having a single line and anyone with an 21+ overf ID can get in as long as they wait on line for a few mins... When i think back to the days when i first started going out to clubs like Palladium, they were picking @ the door. there was a crowd of people standing by the the entrance and they choose who they wanted to let in the club. Crobar is not turning away asians from the club, maybe a few asians got dissed at the door probably from comming to the club dressed like dirtbags. I dont understand why people always try and make shit a racial thing when its not!!!! To the original post posted by SilverBull this goes for you. I meet you a few times and u seem like a cool guy, but there is no reason for you to try and start trouble with a great club like Crobar. This is what the club scene is about and you out of all people should know this since you say u have been clubbin for a long time. We all as clubbers should be happy we have a club left in NYC like Crobar that is booking great talent with a great staff. One more thing i want to say, this is to certain Asian people who attend Crobar. If you dont want to get dissed at the door stop getting so fucked up where u cant even see, stop pusing people out the way with out saying excuse me just cause u want to get by, and come to the club dressed neat.

I have nothing to say bad about CROBAR. Let them let in who ever they want to. I think people are getting spoiled with these clubs having a single line and anyone with an 21+ overf ID can get in as long as they wait on line for a few mins... When i think back to the days when i first started going out to clubs like Palladium, they were picking @ the door. there was a crowd of people standing by the the entrance and they choose who they wanted to let in the club. Crobar is not turning away asians from the club, maybe a few asians got dissed at the door probably from comming to the club dressed like dirtbags. I dont understand why people always try and make shit a racial thing when its not!!!! To the original post posted by SilverBull this goes for you. I meet you a few times and u seem like a cool guy, but there is no reason for you to try and start trouble with a great club like Crobar. This is what the club scene is about and you out of all people should know this since you say u have been clubbin for a long time. We all as clubbers should be happy we have a club left in NYC like Crobar that is booking great talent with a great staff. One more thing i want to say, this is to certain Asian people who attend Crobar. If you dont want to get dissed at the door stop getting so fucked up where u cant even see, stop pusing people out the way with out saying excuse me just cause u want to get by, and come to the club dressed neat.

the gloves have come off

You're a moron. Why don't direct your criteria at anyone who don't meet it rather than "certain Asian people who attend crobar". I've been pushed around by enough fucking nasty sweaty steroid pumping vaseline wearin' meatheads of all nationalities that I'm almost wishing they were replaced by zombified asians sitting in dark corners of a club.

if there not lettin asians in is prbably because a good reason.

And what good reason would that be? Name one good reason any place should discriminate by race? I just want one good one that everyone can agree with. A good reason that justifies discrimination. You seem to know this magical "good reason". Share it with us all.

Fuck that Soj...95% of the people in the clubs will respect dancing space and circles...Asians that we are talking about simply don't...They're disrespectful, they don't speak english, they stink like asshole. Yes these are generalizations, but they serve a majority of the asians that go out to the big rooms.

I can't tell you how many times I was dancing and started to get whipped with the horse-like hair on the back of my neck...Or one being held like a baby while they shake back and forth...or running in place...It's like they are disconnected from the rest of the club...

Granted it's something you have to deal with in the bigger rooms. The smaller rooms don't have this problem...but your statement of getting pushed by juiceheads is taken, but it's nowhere near the problem there is with the asians in the big rooms. There is nothing they can do...this crobar shit...as long as there is asians still inside, which was confirmed by the Tiesto reports, they have no lawsuit.

SilverBull this goes for you. I meet you a few times and u seem like a cool guy, but there is no reason for you to try and start trouble with a great club like Crobar. This is what the club scene is about and you out of all people should know this since you say u have been clubbin for a long time. We all as clubbers should be happy we have a club left in NYC like Crobar that is booking great talent with a great staff.

Hey im not like some of the other people on this board who post stuff for shits n giggles and trouble starting. I was serious about this situation, while i may not be a fan of crobar i do respect what thier doing and think they are really the number one super club in nyc. But i wanted to hear their side of the story thats all. I wouldnt want crobar to close at all. With that said you will see me at CROBAR on MAY 20TH, JUNE 2ND and other dates certain djs are playing.

And what good reason would that be? Name one good reason any place should discriminate by race? I just want one good one that everyone can agree with. A good reason that justifies discrimination. You seem to know this magical "good reason". Share it with us all.

maybeee the reason is they took too much SPECIAL K and cant control themselves at the door.

You're a moron. Why don't direct your criteria at anyone who don't meet it rather than "certain Asian people who attend crobar". I've been pushed around by enough fucking nasty sweaty steroid pumping vaseline wearin' meatheads of all nationalities that I'm almost wishing they were replaced by zombified asians sitting in dark corners of a club.

First of all, i think your the Moron here pal! I know alot of asian people and the ones that i know are not the ones that are disrespectful like the asians that people are talking about on this board. I said nothing bad or pointed to you, so there is no reason for you to take offense. People could talk all they want about Guido's, i dont give a shit and im Italian myself. You said yourself that you didnt like the Certain Asian People who were all fucked up running around the club pushing people around cause they want to get by. So whats the problem now??!! As far as the meetheads go, i fucking feel the same way as you.

Hey im not like some of the other people on this board who post stuff for shits n giggles and trouble starting. I was serious about this situation, while i may not be a fan of crobar i do respect what thier doing and think they are really the number one super club in nyc. But i wanted to hear their side of the story thats all. I wouldnt want crobar to close at all. With that said you will see me at CROBAR on MAY 20TH, JUNE 2ND and other dates certain djs are playing.

I hear ya when u say u want to hear the other end of the story, but the only reason why i added u in my comment was because the original post that u posted was directed to Crobar in the heading. You know the way some people turn a harmless post into a HUGE thing. I have nothing bad to say about you, so lets just have fun and keep showing love for the DJ's and the Venue's that we attend to.

See ya @ Danny Tenaglia @ Crobar June 2nd.!!!!!

Our organization takes every allegation of racial discrimination against Asian Americans very seriously. We are particularly interested in incidences where there was gross evidence of inappropriate behaviors and denial of services solely due to racial discrimination. For example, even though you had already paid for services for an event, you were still denied access at the entry point for no particular reason whatsoever. So if you feel that you have been the victim of racial discrimination and/or profiling at the above corporation, please send me details of the event that had occurred. I am particularly interested in situations that suggest that the corporation Crobar in New York City KNOWLINGLY and ACTIVELY engages in racial profiling, which is clearly in violation of both federal and state statutes.

I am particularly interested in situations that suggest that the corporation Crobar in New York City KNOWLINGLY and ACTIVELY engages in racial profiling, which is clearly in violation of both federal and state statutes.

I think you mean KNOWINGLY, Mr. YaleAlum.:biggrin:

-Mike

NYC clubs have door policies. Look at Bungalow 8, they denied entry to Mark Cuban and his posse for some reason. There are tons of Asians at any of the clubs when famous electronica DJ's are featured. That being said if group of 6 asian dudes and 2 asian chicks tried to get into any of the lounges (Bed, etc) more then likely they would be turned away. Not because they are asian but because they are a group of dudes.

hahaha. i ain't a representative of any organization. you guys were sweating a little that i was some big shot investigating this mess. you thought that crobar was going to close??? hahaha. some representative coming onto a club forum and talking to a bunch of kids who are normally stoned or too drunk to read. haha.

besides i am didn't get a big s.a.t score to get into yale!! fuck you yale for not accepting me! hahaha.

anyway, i am asian and i let my dancing do the talking. see you on the dance floor freaks!!!!