Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ERICK MORILLO | Going Away To Ibiza Party | Pacha This Sat. 6/3 | 18+

LOL People on this board are ALWAYS complaining. I pay it no mind. I don't mind the younger crowd, I always have a good time meeting new people, no matter their age! It also like before Morillo did this Pacha thing, he was soooooo siiiiiiiccccccckkkkkkk but now he's HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE, REVILED.

But like I always say, put a dick in ya ear and FUCK whatcha HURD cause I am THERE!!!!!!! :laugh:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL People on this board are ALWAYS complaining. I pay it no mind. I don't mind the younger crowd, I always have a good time meeting new people, no matter their age! It also like before Morillo did this Pacha thing, he was soooooo siiiiiiiccccccckkkkkkk but now he's HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE, REVILED.

But like I always say, put a dick in ya ear and FUCK whatcha HURD cause I am THERE!!!!!!! :laugh:

wioordd

Im just stating the obvious man, Pacha cannot get filled, unless its a JP Party. Sasha and Tiesto are both 18 plus because Sasha and Tiesto are both from Europe, and in Europe there is no age to get into clubs, so they always insist, that it is that way, when they play there. Why DT is 18 I have no idea. Chill man, I have no beefs with you at all, just saying from what I have seen , heard, and been apart of.

the DJs dont care what the ticket prices are, what the drinking prices are, what the age limits are, they dont care and they dont tell the club to do anything special... you must realize someone like Tiesto has 4 gigs a week, he doesnt tell every club what tickets should cost or WHO or HOW OLD they should let in... the buck stops with the management of the clubs, especially the guy saying whether or not theyre making enough money, he basically says what direction the club is going... if they can squeeze out as much money from an 18+ night and 21+ night of Tiesto back to back, THEY WILL, Tiesto doesnt care, as long as he gets his 50+ Gs...

ditto ....that was a fun party, def got too crowded at points, but if you found your spot and made the best of it , it was hotness..

and about your statement

you will never make everyone happy, espcially on this board,

it costs MONEY to operate these clubs every week, some people fail to grasp that simple concept, and then you have other clubs opening up every week, and clubs with same concept, you have to Compete and you have to do what you have to do to make it work

PACHA is making the second floor (above main) a hip hop room for normal nights when there is no big dj there, I bet many many will comment about that, but you know what , hip hop is a huge market and if that is what you have to do to make money (which it will) and pay the rent, then that is what you do,

if 18 + crowd is going to be there every week (cause they have no other club to got to) then you do it , case it is smart business, most people who comment forget this fact, and probably could not run a lemonade stand,

DJ's cost money

lighting cost money

staff cost money

i cost money (lol)

pacha did 1700 on friday for liebing, might have done more after I left, but I would say a majority of the crowd was 18 +, so going 18 + on fridays was the best move they ever did , and the night will continue to grow,.

will it make everyone happy, of course not, you never ever will....,. but it sure will keep the club in business and it will give them the foothold to invest in bigger dj's which they sure have in store (aka VIBE 16th), and some others I cant yet mention

it is very hard to pack a club friday and saturday with 21 plus, espcially with crobar as competition and with spirit and with avalon, although the other 2 hardly do anything anymore, but if 500 go to either, that is 1000 less at Pacha.

this saturday like I said, is cause we are coming off MDW, the city will be slower then usual, espcially with 21 plus crowd who goes to Hamptons or Shore, and who are beat up and broke from a long weekend ...

everyone should just stop complaining, grab your friends, go out and have a good time...dance, drink, snort, do whatever makes YOU happy

don't you eventually get tired of being so negative.....?

that, my friends, is the post of the century... well put and all valid points... as much as you hate to say it, the NEW YORK CLUB SCENE IS DYING... Crobar last night was filled with empty spots here and there, and i dont care about the rain... it was DT and it was 18+ at New York's hottest club, it should have been packed, but it wasn't, and neither is any other club any week (minus JP)... New York is dying... look back to only a few years ago, where YOU ACTUALLY HAD A PRETTY BIGGER CHOICE TO WHERE YOU WANTED TO GO.... whether it was some big-name European trance or tech DJ @ AVALON, or whatever weekly Made Event party @ SPIRIT, or one of CROBAR's awesome monthly residents, or sometimes there was some decent parties and afterhours @ DEEP.... when you think about the number of people that were out (all spots were probably 80-90% packed), now think about how 2 of those are considered MIA as far as presence in the club scene, so it's only a matter of CROBAR and PACHA.... now think about such an awesome and pretty well-known DJ like Chris Liebing... the place was like 80% packed... but you'd think with SPIRIT and AVALON out of the way, and an 18+ party, it would be 100% packed (plus the weather was nice).... the fact is, everything's dying....

...another quick point... just think about how empty EVERY club would be if it weren't for those Asian FOBs you hate on... sorry to tell you, but the clubs won't make any moves to NOT let them in, they're CROBAR's and PACHA's dependable source of weekly money, and it's sad that that's what it takes for a club to look filled and generate $

that, my friends, is the post of the century... well put and all valid points... as much as you hate to say it, the NEW YORK CLUB SCENE IS DYING... Crobar last night was filled with empty spots here and there, and i dont care about the rain... it was DT and it was 18+ at New York's hottest club, it should have been packed, but it wasn't, and neither is any other club any week (minus JP)... New York is dying... look back to only a few years ago, where YOU ACTUALLY HAD A PRETTY BIGGER CHOICE TO WHERE YOU WANTED TO GO.... whether it was some big-name European trance or tech DJ @ AVALON, or whatever weekly Made Event party @ SPIRIT, or one of CROBAR's awesome monthly residents, or sometimes there was some decent parties and afterhours @ DEEP.... when you think about the number of people that were out (all spots were probably 80-90% packed), now think about how 2 of those are considered MIA as far as presence in the club scene, so it's only a matter of CROBAR and PACHA.... now think about such an awesome and pretty well-known DJ like Chris Liebing... the place was like 80% packed... but you'd think with SPIRIT and AVALON out of the way, and an 18+ party, it would be 100% packed (plus the weather was nice).... the fact is, everything's dying....

...another quick point... just think about how empty EVERY club would be if it weren't for those Asian FOBs you hate on... sorry to tell you, but the clubs won't make any moves to NOT let them in, they're CROBAR's and PACHA's dependable source of weekly money, and it's sad that that's what it takes for a club to look filled and generate $

Thats pretty much true. Glad I left when I did, it was fading then, now i see its burnin' out. but give it time, it will evolve just like it has, and will continue to do so, recycle!

On the night DT played at crobar, they were Actually turning down a lot (and I mean a lot) of asians at the door. One of the bouncers even said it to them ''we don't want you here''. But then again on inside especially around the stage it was all but *ucked up asians.

ur talking about 2 years ago like that was the good ol' days. it was already rock bottom at that point. i missed wut was probably considered the BEST times which was the early to mid 90s. i got in right in the late 90s, and got the tail end of the peak id say. u had Exit filled every friday with 5,000+ people alone in that one spot. SF filled every fri & sat with a couple thousand (and on JP theme parties who knows how many thousand), Roxy filled every fri & sat with a couple thousand, Limelight/Avalon filled every fri & sat. plus then the smaller venues like Vinyl, Centro Fly, Discoteque, Shelter, etc etc. and then go back a couple more years when u had all those plus Twilo & Tunnel. thats when NYC was at the top of its game. thats when i was out every single wknd. now i hardly ever go to the city. Deko Lounge in jerz is the most consistent party as far as crowd, music, and vibe for me. and its 10 min away so thats a big factor.

i know im forgetting other influential venues from the 1998-2002 era but i cant think of them right now.

and regardless about wut u say about the music at some of those venues (we all know abouyt draper and exit), the point is the maount of venues and the amount of ppl there, regardless of ur opinion of the music. it was packed everywhere every week.

I have to agree that 18+ nights are a really good thing for the clubs of nyc. Sure i'm on the young side of the arguement but even if I wasn't i'm sure i'd feel the same. All around me all people seem to listen to is hip-hop and reggaeton meanwhile i'm the one lonesome guy who listens to edm. When I spin at some of the local LI bars and clubs I almost always get bombarded with people demanding hip-hop/reggae and the times i dont is usually when no ones there. . . if i could ony explain how pissed it makes me when people don't want to dance to dance music and instead of listening to a girl singing they'd rather hear about sum guy "ridin durty"? or talking about other stuff that doesn't even make any sence. Sure the scene isn't what it used to be but i'm 20 and can't stand the fact i'll never get to go to all the clubs alot of you guys enjoyed so much.. the stories i hear from people, the pictures, the hard evil trance. it all seems soo awesome. and the only part of that that can never die or be closed down is the music(at least i have that). but what i'm trying to say is that some of the music coming out right now is amazing stuff ... It's hard for me to believe that alotta people aren't feeling this stuff but how can they like it if they don't know it exists... the only place it's played is in a select few clubs and late at night on a saturday night on KTU. so basically if your over 21 and want to keep edm in existence then welcome the younger people and try to get more people into ... and the thing about the kids going because it's cool or trendy...thats even better cause then the dance music they're hearing becomes held in the same regard and it can only help things.