Clubplanet Nightlife Community

House Music Suggestions?

Hi,

Like many novice people I started out being into the commercial trance scene (Tiesto, Corsten, AVB, PVD). Although I don’t mine trance once in awhile I’ve moved on to house music and for the last 6 months have really gotten into Tribal Music (DJ Vibe, Calderone & Boris). Right now I’m obsessed with DJ Vibe’s CD (Underground Sounds of Lisbon). I know that Vibe CD is over 2 years old but I heard that Calderone and Vibe are working on a new CD so will definitely be getting that when it comes out.

However, I want expand my music knowledge and start listening to people like DT, Behrouz, Sasha, Roger S etc. What are some good CD’s or IPOD Downloads that will give me a good introduction to what their music is all about. For example there are tons of DT CD’s so not sure which is one of the better ones to buy? Also who are some other great DJ’s/CD’s that are worth checking out?

Like I said right now I’m really into Tribal but I want start exploring some of the other facets of house music and not really sure where to start?

Also do people ever show up to places like Cielo and Love solo? Those are 2 clubs that I really want check out but not sure how tough they are to get into if I show up as a solo guy? I can usually only convince my friends to go to Crobar on like a Sat Night (Boris/Calderone) which is still fun but now I would like to start exploring new places in the city during the week and hopefully meet some nice/cool people.

This is a job for Silverbull.

LOL, funny you say that cause man ive taken mad people to different parties from this board,to funny.

Wow that was actually a very nice written post, well only thing i can say is there nothign like expericing music live, CDS wont do the djs justice,in my opinion.

I go to clubs by myself ALL THE TIME but after going out for so many yrs you tend to meet and see and become frineds with alot of people who you will see once inside the party.

I guess for you your all about finding out different sounds and djs in house music. Dont sleep on a lot of local talent and 2nd tier djs who play amazing. My personal top 5 djs are

1,danny tenaglia

2,tedd patterson

3,behrouz

4, the body n soul djs (danny krivit, francois k, joe claussell)

5,roger sanchez

Just go out to the parties you want to go to or you could roll with me to parties and i can introduce you to peopel in my circle as well as the music im into. A bit busy right now cant really write much but just know theres more to the nyc scene then tribal. Pm to talk.

Thanks Silverbulll

I appreciate you taking the time to get back to me and would definitely like to chat more with you about this. I absolutely agree that seeing DJ’s live is hundred times better but still nice to listen to beats for those nights I can’t go out since partying in NYC is expensive. Since DT is your favorite DJ what would you say is a great CD to start with?

Well I would love join you out (especially if you go to Cielo or Love) and would be fun to prick your brain on getting some intro House knowledge on the NYC scene since I would also like to hear some local talent. Do you have an email address where I can send you my contact info so that we can make plans to hang out?

this is off the top of my head and are some ol rave djs that were popular a couple years back. But you should be able to fiind some of there sets to DL. Still in all they play some groovin house music.

James Christian

Osheen

Scott Henry

Charles Feelgood

and my mind went blank..................sorry dude

Thanks Silverbulll

I appreciate you taking the time to get back to me and would definitely like to chat more with you about this. I absolutely agree that seeing DJ’s live is hundred times better but still nice to listen to beats for those nights I can’t go out since partying in NYC is expensive. Since DT is your favorite DJ what would you say is a great CD to start with?

Well I would love join you out (especially if you go to Cielo or Love) and would be fun to prick your brain on getting some intro House knowledge on the NYC scene since I would also like to hear some local talent. Do you have an email address where I can send you my contact info so that we can make plans to hang out?

Check your private message, as for DANNY TENAGLIA the cds i own of him are

GAG ME WITH A TUNE

MIX THIS PUSSY 2

MY HOUSE IS BIGGER THAN YOUR HOUSE

HARD N SOUL

TOURISM

GLOBAL UNDERGROUND 10 ATHENS

BACK TO MINE

GLOBAL UNDERGROUND 17 LONDON

BACK TO BASICS

CHOICE A COLLECTION OF CLASSICS.

Now hard n soul and tourism are production albums which are very very good to see what type of creations hes been doing since the mid/late 90s early 2000s

As for mix compilation i would say depending on your taste in music theres a lil something for everyone. But global underground london, choice, back to basics are my faves.

Also dont forget his countless remixes/prodcutions and personal edits , just go see the man live each time and stick around for his entire journey to get the full effect. Cause hes not one of those djs thats just plays one style of beats all night long to a crowd who only wants to hear that style.

Hes someone who takes the full 12hrs and trys to please every single person in that room with hi sdiverse musical tastes. And sometimes 3-4 hrs might not be for you but the other 8 are.

I cant stand when someone who only likes hard fast ribal beats goes and says danny t sucked last night cause he was playing some slow shit when i was there. But then they left and missed out on some of the hard techy tribal beats he does play. Anyway im rambiling, check your pms and see you on the dancefloor.

hey, i'm new to nyc too, and am just getting into house music too, but have only heard the very mainstream stuff, so will try the stuff siad here, let me know if there are some other good djs out there, that are worth listening to

Hi,

Like many novice people I started out being into the commercial trance scene (Tiesto, Corsten, AVB, PVD). Although I don’t mine trance once in awhile I’ve moved on to house music and for the last 6 months have really gotten into Tribal Music (DJ Vibe, Calderone & Boris). Right now I’m obsessed with DJ Vibe’s CD (Underground Sounds of Lisbon). I know that Vibe CD is over 2 years old but I heard that Calderone and Vibe are working on a new CD so will definitely be getting that when it comes out.

However, I want expand my music knowledge and start listening to people like DT, Behrouz, Sasha, Roger S etc. What are some good CD’s or IPOD Downloads that will give me a good introduction to what their music is all about. For example there are tons of DT CD’s so not sure which is one of the better ones to buy? Also who are some other great DJ’s/CD’s that are worth checking out?

Like I said right now I’m really into Tribal but I want start exploring some of the other facets of house music and not really sure where to start?

Also do people ever show up to places like Cielo and Love solo? Those are 2 clubs that I really want check out but not sure how tough they are to get into if I show up as a solo guy? I can usually only convince my friends to go to Crobar on like a Sat Night (Boris/Calderone) which is still fun but now I would like to start exploring new places in the city during the week and hopefully meet some nice/cool people.

If you like hard/deep, progressive/tribal beats, check out these guys too:

Joy Marquez

Marcello Castelli

D Formation

DJ Fist

Piliavin & Zimbardo

Javith

DJ Paulo

Midnight Society

Jaimy

If you like hard/deep, progressive/tribal beats, check out these guys too:

Joy Marquez

Marcello Castelli

D Formation

DJ Fist

Piliavin & Zimbardo

Javith

DJ Paulo

Midnight Society

Jaimy

Thanks for the suggestions. Do any of these guys spin locally in NYC? Also, I went with Silverbull on Sunday to see the 718 Session at Club Deep and I have to say it was great experience. Very different scene from the normal Sat night at Crobar. Everyone there seem to be true house lovers and was a real friendly easygoing crowd. It looked like the kind of crowd that you might have scene at raves back when they still existed lol

I saw DT there so that was cool and Silverbull is definitely a great tour guide for anyone looking to get more knowledge on house music. I still plan to go to Crobar to see people like Calderone and Boris but now I'm looking forward to checking out places like Cielo, Love and Shelter.

Thanks again for everyone's suggestions on house music/clubs.

The best dj isJonathan peters, in fact here at clubplanet evry thread basically revolves around him, once you get into JP, its just a matter of time before you realize how good Vic Latino is, and DJ Skribbles, but most people still understand JP if a DJ God. I recommend starting off with some Louie Devito CD's and than move on to soundfatory-1st,2nd,and 3rd editions,. this ought to show you how great NYC house music is

if you want to check out Roger Sanchez (my personal favorite ;)) just go to www.releaseyourself.com. He has a new radio set up at least once a week (including live sets from Pacha in Ibiza, Crobar NY, and other clubs all around the world) and also podcasts which are pretty much all I listen to on my ipod.

I am at Crobar almost every weekend, but it's a good idea to expand your horizons or you will miss a ton of great music (as I did for years). Definitely check out Gabe's Stimulus Reponse parties, they are a ton of fun!