Clubplanet Nightlife Community

18 year old missing girl found dead..

Father: Daughter's Body Found in West New York

HARRINGTON PARK, N.J. -- The father of Jennifer Moore, Hugh Moore, confirmed Thursday morning that his daughter's body was found in West New York.

1010 WINS reporter Steve Sandberg said officials report her body was discovered in a dumpster behind the Park Avenue Towers in West New York.

Sources tell 1010 WINS that an investigation has started at a hotel, a few blocks away from the crime scene.

Police in New York and New Jersey were looking for an 18-year-old girl, who disappeared after a night in Manhattan.

The NYPD said Jennifer was last seen on the West Side Highway early Tuesday morning. Police say she had been at the Chelsea nighspot, Guest House, with a friend and came out to find her car had been towed.

They went to the tow pound on the West Side and Moore's friend apparently got sick and had to be taken by ambulance to Saint Vincent's Hospital.

That left the 18-year-old young woman alone at 4 a.m. Witnesses told police she was last seen walking along the West Side Highway wearing a white miini-skirt and black halter top.

The New York Post says she called her boyfriend at about 5 a.m. Tuesday morning to say she was lost. He told her to call a taxi. But when the boyfriend tried to call her back a short time later, there was no answer.

The NYPD says it used boats and a helicopter to search along the Hudson River shoreline

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard on Fox.. she was so drunk, the impound refused to give her the car and they called the ambulance to pick them up..she then hid from the ambulance...they didnt leave her..she took off..and wandered onto the Westside

I just heard on Fox.. she was so drunk, the impound refused to give her the car and they called the ambulance to pick them up..she then hid from the ambulance...they didnt leave her..she took off..and wandered onto the Westside

this is truly sad. poor girl, and family.

it clears up a lot that she couldn't get the car at the impound becuz being so drunk. WHy oh why did she hide from them and run away???? i wonder what the friend is saying. the boyfriend that called too, he tried to get her in a cab.

so scary.....

this is truly sad. poor girl, and family.

it clears up a lot that she couldn't get the car at the impound becuz being so drunk. WHy oh why did she hide from them and run away???? i wonder what the friend is saying. the boyfriend that called too, he tried to get her in a cab.

so scary.....

I'm guessing she was drunk and was scared of being in trouble..dont really know..when you're drunk..everything seems like a great idea..

very sad

this is horrible,

all girls, please be careful wherever you go ,

you may think your safe or you can handle yourself, but there is alwasy someone out there bigger and badder,

travel with friends, play it safe and watch each others backs

jonpaul

Lets Not Blame The Girl Or Anyone Else But The Fuckin Dude From The Projects Who Is Being Questioned

And how do you know it was some dude from the projects rather than some rich italian kid from jersey?

this is horrible,

all girls, please be careful wherever you go ,

you may think your safe or you can handle yourself, but there is alwasy someone out there bigger and badder,

travel with friends, play it safe and watch each others backs

jonpaul

Very good advice...this is a horrible reminder to stay in control of yourself when you're out, especially if you don't have more sober friends around to look out for you.

I do feel bad for her family and friends.

I hope they find the right person who commited this crime.

Its so easy to say what she should not of done after the fact, but any girl with any common sence both drunk and sober knows not to be walking alone at 4am near the west side highway.

But like I said, I do feel bad for her and what she prob went though before she was killed, and now her poor family and friends who have to deal with loosing someone so young.

Tragedy? Sad? NO WAY.

All you bridge and tunnel kids want to come into the city and hang out at your bridge and tunnel clubs till 4 or 5 in the morning and then WALK down 10th, 11th or 12th aves????

Sorry kids the city is NOT the suburbs

(New Jersey-WABC, July 27, 2006) Police say they have charged a man in the death of an 18-year-old girl who was found inside a dumpster.Jennifer Moore was last seen Tuesday in the early morning hours leaving a nightclub on the West Side. Her body was later found in a dumpster.

The suspect, 35-year-old Draymond Coleman, is in the 10th Precinct because he was picked up in Manhttan. But Coleman is being charged with murder by the Hudson County prosecutor's office since the crime of murder was committed, police believe, in Weekawken.

His girlfriend is being charged with hindering prosecution and tampering with evidence.

Law enforcement sources are telling us that the break in this case came when Coleman used the victim's cell phone to call his mother.

And the Medical Examiner's office says Moore died as a result of blunt trauma to the head and strangulation.

The scene of the murder, law enforcement sources tell us, was a third floor room of a hotel in Weehawken, New Jersey. This morning, we watched as investigators carefully placed evidence in a large bag while detectives canvassed the neighborhood.

A few hours before, a few blocks away in West New York, there was the gruesome discovery: 18-year-old Jennifer Moore's body pulled from a dumpster behind an apartment house.

Alberto Ortega's mother saw the whole thing.

"The guys that went to pick it up, put it inside the bag and zipped it up and put a blanket over her," Alberto said.

Police say Moore and a friend spent a part of Monday night at the "Guest House" on West 27th Street in Chelsea. When the left the bar at about 2 a.m., their illegally parked car had been towed to the Pier 76 impound yard on 38th Street and West Side Highway.

Authorities there would not release the car because the teenagers were so drunk.

EMS was then called to take the girls to a hospital. The friend went but Jennifer strayed away, walking north along the West Side Highway. About 5:08, she called her boyfriend on her cell phone to tell him that a strange man was following her.

Law enforcement sources believe Moore was brought back to the Weekawken hotel into a room where the stranger's live-in girlfriend was waiting and that the teen was murdered early Tuesday morning and her body disposed of that evening.

Today in Harrington Park, where the family lives in a tan ranch house, neighbors brought over food and gift baskets.

Jennifer Moore's father, Hugh Moore: "This is the worst possible news about our daughter this morning. But I want to thank Harrington Park Police and New York City for really doing everything possible."

Tragedy? Sad? NO WAY.

All you bridge and tunnel kids want to come into the city and hang out at your bridge and tunnel clubs till 4 or 5 in the morning and then WALK down 10th, 11th or 12th aves????

understandable but the citys violent crime seems to be in the rise and i think the police need to make their presence felt

I hate to say this, buy when your time to go, there is nothing you can do escape from going ...

Facts:

- She parked her car in a illegal spot

- Her car got impounded

-They refused to give her car back

-she end up leaving the impound, witch lead her to this disaster

(New Jersey-WABC, July 27, 2006) Police say they have charged a man in the death of an 18-year-old girl who was found inside a dumpster.Jennifer Moore was last seen Tuesday in the early morning hours leaving a nightclub on the West Side. Her body was later found in a dumpster.

The suspect, 35-year-old Draymond Coleman, is in the 10th Precinct because he was picked up in Manhttan. But Coleman is being charged with murder by the Hudson County prosecutor's office since the crime of murder was committed, police believe, in Weekawken.

His girlfriend is being charged with hindering prosecution and tampering with evidence.

Law enforcement sources are telling us that the break in this case came when Coleman used the victim's cell phone to call his mother.

And the Medical Examiner's office says Moore died as a result of blunt trauma to the head and strangulation.

The scene of the murder, law enforcement sources tell us, was a third floor room of a hotel in Weehawken, New Jersey. This morning, we watched as investigators carefully placed evidence in a large bag while detectives canvassed the neighborhood.

A few hours before, a few blocks away in West New York, there was the gruesome discovery: 18-year-old Jennifer Moore's body pulled from a dumpster behind an apartment house.

Alberto Ortega's mother saw the whole thing.

"The guys that went to pick it up, put it inside the bag and zipped it up and put a blanket over her," Alberto said.

Police say Moore and a friend spent a part of Monday night at the "Guest House" on West 27th Street in Chelsea. When the left the bar at about 2 a.m., their illegally parked car had been towed to the Pier 76 impound yard on 38th Street and West Side Highway.

Authorities there would not release the car because the teenagers were so drunk.

EMS was then called to take the girls to a hospital. The friend went but Jennifer strayed away, walking north along the West Side Highway. About 5:08, she called her boyfriend on her cell phone to tell him that a strange man was following her.

Law enforcement sources believe Moore was brought back to the Weekawken hotel into a room where the stranger's live-in girlfriend was waiting and that the teen was murdered early Tuesday morning and her body disposed of that evening.

Today in Harrington Park, where the family lives in a tan ranch house, neighbors brought over food and gift baskets.

Jennifer Moore's father, Hugh Moore: "This is the worst possible news about our daughter this morning. But I want to thank Harrington Park Police and New York City for really doing everything possible."

geezzz, i mean im glad the guy got caught, but it just shows how fucking dumb the guy is. He might as well have fell alseep in the getaway car.

Tragedy? Sad? NO WAY.

What a pathetic response. Loser.

Tragedy? Sad? NO WAY.

thats a pretty heartless response..

i know youre better than that

you B+T\'s stick out like sore thumbs, you all should know better and watch your backs. This isnt NJ or Long Island or Westchester.....
youre B&T as well..who are you kidding.

regardless many mistakes happened and this could have been avoided but sadly it didnt.. but being from NJ was not one of them

you B+T\'s stick out like sore thumbs, you all should know better and watch your backs. This isnt NJ or Long Island or Westchester.....

You're absolutely right, B&T's do stick out. But honestly, do you really believe its NOT a tragedy and NOT sad? I hope not, think about it...

oh fuckin please bro! Lets not start this shit. One of the toughest places in the country is Newark NJ. How bout i drop your new york city ass off in that town??? If your lucky they'll rape you.

What happened to that girl could happen to anyone, anywhere, and at anytime.