Clubplanet Nightlife Community

World Trade Center - movie

No way; its only been less than 5 years.. Somethings can wait

I was in manhattan that day, i was not near the towers. No real desire to see it on the movie screen

maybe people from around the country would like it, but as NYers we are reminded everyday of 9/11

i would never see it... i think anyone that makes one penny off that movie is a heartless, sick person.

...what if all the proceeds from sales went to a 9/11 fund?...would you watch it then?....i wouldnt right now...it reminds me of when Schindler's List came out...many older people I knew that lived in Europe during that time said they had no reason to watch it...i.e. my father....he refused to go...i saw it and was blown away by it...but i imagine by the same principle, most of us have no reason to see this in "film" version....

..i wanna see it ....it's not political ...it's the story of those two port authority cops......who are all for it and gave a lot to the movie...therefore i see no explotation etc........if the families and actual people it's about are all for it then why not....the one guy is actually from clifton...

..i wanna see it ....it's not political ...it's the story of those two port authority cops......who are all for it and gave a lot to the movie...therefore i see no explotation etc........if the families and actual people it's about are all for it then why not....the one guy is actually from clifton...

Me too...I wanna see it..I may go this Friday.

I don't think it's too much too soon.

However I won't see it for various reasons:

1. I watched them fall first hand so I don't need to see it again

2. 13 people from my company died, I should have been right next door, luckily my group was sold 2 months before it happened

3. This was 2 years after my mother got killed, and when I saw the buildings fall I started crying thinking of everyone who died, and how their loved ones felt.

I don't want to, nor do I need to relive that.

No way; its only been less than 5 years.. Somethings can wait

I was in manhattan that day, i was not near the towers. No real desire to see it on the movie screen

maybe people from around the country would like it, but as NYers we are reminded everyday of 9/11

How are you reminded everyday of 9/11?

Give me a fucking break. Most of you are just being raging fucking pussies. You can't go see the movie because 9/11 happened less than 5 years ago? Will it be any easier after 20 years? 40?

Stop pretending that those attacks deeply affected you. The obvious exception is obviously those who lost loved ones. But most of you didn't.

Going to see a movie about the attacks isn't going to emotionally crush you. stop pretending that it will.

I don't think it's too much too soon.

However I won't see it for various reasons:

1. I watched them fall first hand so I don't need to see it again

2. 13 people from my company died, I should have been right next door, luckily my group was sold 2 months before it happened

3. This was 2 years after my mother got killed, and when I saw the buildings fall I started crying thinking of everyone who died, and how their loved ones felt.

I don't want to, nor do I need to relive that.

Obviously, you were affected and are an exception.

Obviously, you were affected and are an exception.

Yeah, but I don't think that they are wrong for having made this movie... especially since one of the two guys who it's about was a consultant on the movie to make sure it remained accurate.

no. only because i had to wait sixty years for a pearl harbor movie, but only five years for a 911 movie...

Tora Tora Tora

Released 1970

PT 109

Released 1963

This is the Army

Released 1943

The Fighting Seabees

Released 1944

Flying Tigers

Released 1943

I like all war movies - so I'll probably go see this one too. I hope they don't have Ben Afflect in it.

no i will still never watch it.

...what if all the proceeds from sales went to a 9/11 fund?...would you watch it then?....i wouldnt right now...it reminds me of when Schindler's List came out...many older people I knew that lived in Europe during that time said they had no reason to watch it...i.e. my father....he refused to go...i saw it and was blown away by it...but i imagine by the same principle, most of us have no reason to see this in "film" version....

i don't know, i think they effected me greatly... some of you guys know the immense panic attacks i got after the fact and how i was so scared of the subways, because countless times they would stop and have us transfer because of suspicious activity.. i couldn't take it... to the point that my job search was more focused on long island or any place outside of manhattan... now with my new job i've met three workers who have relocated due to the attacks, the scares were getting to much for them too... i don't think about it every moment of the day, but there is always something that reminds me of it... its weird my dad being nycpd i should be proud of the people who gave their lives for 9-11, but some people forget about the ones that were just going to their 9-5 office job.

How are you reminded everyday of 9/11?

Give me a fucking break. Most of you are just being raging fucking pussies. You can't go see the movie because 9/11 happened less than 5 years ago? Will it be any easier after 20 years? 40?

Stop pretending that those attacks deeply affected you. The obvious exception is obviously those who lost loved ones. But most of you didn't.

Going to see a movie about the attacks isn't going to emotionally crush you. stop pretending that it will.

Tora Tora Tora

Released 1970

PT 109

Released 1963

This is the Army

Released 1943

The Fighting Seabees

Released 1944

Flying Tigers

Released 1943

I like all war movies - so I'll probably go see this one too. I hope they don't have Ben Afflect in it.

..its not a war movie....

i never said that was my reason for not watching it... i have my own reasons... i ALSO don't agree with anyone making ANY money off of this... if the purpose was to educate the public in some sick manner then a documentry should have been made... either way i don't agree with any money being made off the film.

Why? Just because someone is making money off of it? They are donating some of the opening weekend's take (I don't know how much) to 9/11 charities.

i never said that was my reason for not watching it... i have my own reasons... i ALSO don't agree with anyone making ANY money off of this... if the purpose was to educate the public in some sick manner then a documentry should have been made... either way i don't agree with any money being made off the film.

I was wondering if that was your reason, I wasn't attacking you.

..but the purpose of this film is not to educate anyone on the happenings of that day ...it's to tell the story of two heroic men who were trapped for hours under rubble and how they survived and those that saved them....if the men and their families are proud and put their names behind this project then who is anyone else to get mad for it making money .......

..movies are made to tell a story and the filmakers/producers etc put money out.....so a return on a passion project is just a benefit not a guarantee...

i'm with you; i think it's sick and manipulative - the manipulative part being the hollywood re-enactment of important events. if it were a documentary, that would be entirely different. but i think that nicolas cage and maggie gyllenhaal doing a phony impersonation of something they couldn't understand is beyond inappropriate. having real people consulting and all that is great, but set it all to tear-jerking music, surround-sound, and close-ups of people crying, and it doesn't touch reality.

i hope it flops.

How do you feel about other movies that are based on reality?

..this movie is not any different then movies about other events ....i think it just sits a little closer to home to a lot of people.......not everyone got to watch pearl harbor ..or the titanic sink ...etc..........i still think its the decision of the people who's story it is telling ...and they gave the green light so