Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Danny Tenaglia @ Pacha

please go and stay there!! u anal compolsive maniac.. its Music at a club were Ppl want to have fun. Not a place for you to sit and write down on your pad the mistakes or genre jumping a dj does.. get a life ebertt!!! So do you have fun sitting in your corner hiding in the club!! why cant i ever bump in to the douches on this board!! damn it!!

HAHAHAHA....TOO FUNNY

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did not think it was a good night of music. I'm not much of a stickler for a DJ to have to be on point. But I thought the beats were going off more then what i would call acceptable.

More important to me is programming- which wasn't that good. Unlike the old days at Vinyl when Danny actually built up a set, now Danny is so all over the place that by the time a great track comes on, you don't really fully appreciate it.

There is a certain arrogance to his music now which fully takes away from his set. The hour before that girl performed, the bpm's dropped down to 122. The music was being played so slow that the dance floor just stopped. Killed the dancefloor. For an hour no less.

After the performance the music raced up to 130 bpms like nothing. Some of his electro edits were ok, but the levels were definitely off. At some points the dancefloor was so loud, you wanted to hold your ears. Other times the music dropped down pretty low.

As far as the actual music goes- he definitely had some good tracks. Too bad it was just inconsistent. His techno was definitely subpar, and for the first time I heard Danny drop some electro. Didn't really care for the electro however. If I appreciated one thing about Danny's music, is that it used to not cut corners- Danny would build up a set over a few hours so that you fully enjoyed the tech house bombs he would eventually drop.

Patience pays off. Now Danny is to quick to try to turn the music 180 degrees after just two songs. Transitions should be slower-- over time. Build into it, like it's 2002 all over again.

kassidy

More important to me is programming- which wasn't that good. Unlike the old days at Vinyl when Danny actually built up a set, now Danny is so all over the place that by the time a great track comes on, you don't really fully appreciate it.

There is a certain arrogance to his music now which fully takes away from his set. The hour before that girl performed, the bpm's dropped down to 122. The music was being played so slow that the dance floor just stopped. Killed the dancefloor. For an hour no less.

After the performance the music raced up to 130 bpms like nothing. Some of his electro edits were ok, but the levels were definitely off. At some points the dancefloor was so loud, you wanted to hold your ears. Other times the music dropped down pretty low.

Patience paid off. Now Danny is to quick to try to turn the music 180 degrees after just two songs. Transitions should be slower-- over time. Build into it, like it's 2002 all over again.

kassidy

This pretty much sums up the night for me too. Random tracks played randomly without much concern for building the vibe, beats, tempo as he used to do in the past. The electro house at the beginning of the night was bad, just....bad. I guess I wanted to hear more of the dirty house than tech house. still had a great time hanging with everyone tho...

the electro house was terrible. I remember him asking 'i bet you wonder where i get my music from- no not really, not that track.

what's this new mentality that a few hours of inconsistent music can be turned around with two big tech house edits?

To me it's arrogant. Good tech house music needs to be built up. And if you notice the dance floor, it's filled with people that would dance to anything.

All the people that i knew, that really know music, we're on the sidelines waiting for the music to get good. Most people i knew bailed out around 11:00.

Danny to me always had great sideways music. Building block music. No buildups- just good tech house. After an hour or two, he would unleash a tech house bomb and the place would go crazy. Now around 9:00 danny starts playing his big edits, which are starting to remind me of eric morillo. I used to love these long protracted edits, but they are too much the same formula- with the same buildup, etc. I also used to love those big iberican tribal tracks- which sorry to say are just plain tired.

I think Danny needs to go back to the basics-- find all of those great tracks that keep you going on the dancefloor with good music- good beats. No more tricks. No more 9:00 a.m.-- "let's drop four or five 20 minute super tech house edits".

It's all getting too predictable. Good sets are about consistency which takes patience and time. Some of these shows are more like reunion gimmick parties. And the real DT fans are definitely noticing.

Someone said to me sat night, that it's coming down to one DT party a year at the conference which is definitely worth checking out- the rest is just the side show. Sorry to say, I'm starting to agree with that.

Whats rude is people who have no consideration for anyone's safety by sitting on those stupid stairs.. It always amazes me how no one has really tripped over someone and cracked their head open

Exactly..its ridiculous how you have to squeeze down the middle of those stairs...Those people should get off..

did not think it was a good night of music. I'm not much of a stickler for a DJ to have to be on point. But I thought the beats were going off more then what i would call acceptable.

As far as the actual music goes- he definitely had some good tracks. Too bad it was just inconsistent. His techno was definitely subpar, and for the first time I heard Danny drop some electro. Didn't really care for the electro however. If I appreciated one thing about Danny's music, is that it used to not cut corners- Danny would build up a set over a few hours so that you fully enjoyed the tech house bombs he would eventually drop.

Patience pays off. Now Danny is to quick to try to turn the music 180 degrees after just two songs. Transitions should be slower-- over time. Build into it, like it's 2002 all over again.

kassidy

This is a party not a critique lesson. STFU AND DANCE!!! :) i danced my ass off and my feet , knees and my heart says so aswell. so at the end of the day that's all it matters. HE MADE ME F*CKIN DANCE!!!

ON THAT NOTE....I MUST QUOTE A MASSIVE TRACK FROM MY FRIEND LUNIC AND EDDIE THAT DANNY PLAYED ......AND IT GOES SOMETHING LIKE THIS......."THERE IS NO PARKING ON THE DANCEFLOOR......NOW STRUT!!!" :D

but it is frustrating when you can't get into a groove on the dance floor b/c the DJ is bringing you too many places. Dancing two songs and sitting out for 20 minutes waiting for the music to get good again is not my idea of a great night. I never saw anyone on the dance floor for very long.

the music was annoyingly inconsistent. I heard the set at spirit was much better. the lack of anything consistent in nyc of late is frustrating.

but it is frustrating when you can't get into a groove on the dance floor b/c the DJ is bringing you too many places. Dancing two songs and sitting out for 20 minutes waiting for the music to get good again is not my idea of a great night. I never saw anyone on the dance floor for very long.

the music was annoyingly inconsistent. I heard the set at spirit was much better. the lack of anything consistent in nyc of late is frustrating.

Thats the problem with most DJs nowadays.

Ok here it is kids.....He was fucking amazing. It was bomb after bomb and it was off the hook. If a few people are looking for vocal house and tribal of old Danny than go see Victor Calderone or Oscar G. His style has changed but I think in a great way. I've seen him 5 0r 6 times this year including Miami at the conference and this was by far his best set. It def. could have been less crowded but great way to finish of PVD in the park.

the electro house was terrible. I remember him asking 'i bet you wonder where i get my music from- no not really, not that track.

what's this new mentality that a few hours of inconsistent music can be turned around with two big tech house edits?

To me it's arrogant. Good tech house music needs to be built up. And if you notice the dance floor, it's filled with people that would dance to anything.

All the people that i knew, that really know music, we're on the sidelines waiting for the music to get good. Most people i knew bailed out around 11:00.

Danny to me always had great sideways music. Building block music. No buildups- just good tech house. After an hour or two, he would unleash a tech house bomb and the place would go crazy. Now around 9:00 danny starts playing his big edits, which are starting to remind me of eric morillo. I used to love these long protracted edits, but they are too much the same formula- with the same buildup, etc. I also used to love those big iberican tribal tracks- which sorry to say are just plain tired.

I think Danny needs to go back to the basics-- find all of those great tracks that keep you going on the dancefloor with good music- good beats. No more tricks. No more 9:00 a.m.-- "let's drop four or five 20 minute super tech house edits".

It's all getting too predictable. Good sets are about consistency which takes patience and time. Some of these shows are more like reunion gimmick parties. And the real DT fans are definitely noticing.

Someone said to me sat night, that it's coming down to one DT party a year at the conference which is definitely worth checking out- the rest is just the side show. Sorry to say, I'm starting to agree with that.

I'll always have luv for DT ....but I have to agree

Thanks to you all that gave us some love in the basement

:aright:

Manny I think it was you who was playing a breakbeat version of Be Yourself that was awesome..... i hate what pacha did to that room in all fairness you guys should have been in pachita the system up there bumps and it has more of a dancing atmosphere all and all you didnt let this get to u and played great and for this i thank you

-Matt

the best party i haveever been to has been DANNY TENAGLIA at STEREO montreal on june 22nd. Spirit was slowly becoming something special until the power failure. But this past weekend at PACHA was SOMETHING SPECIAL def one if not the best set in 2006 i agree clinton.