Clubplanet Nightlife Community

message from BORIS

fastfast

I just wonder how they won't go after the so called hip-hop culture?

rap,hip-hop clubs are all free of illegal substances ,... must be right?(-:

I think this is a organized offense against all House,Trance and Techno music. On the Goverment level.Or maybe it has to do something about intelligence? There must be a reason,just look at Europe, this is all mainstreem at there.By thye way,Boris plays fantastic music ,so the other DJs in the main clubs, You don't need to use any drugs,nor need to be gay to enjoy it,just open your mind.

Good News - Could it be...

One of you guys still have more then a few brains cells

left and actual knows how to use them.

Comic books ??? Do you know the industry and history.

Many business and industries ( cigars - etc -).....

Stop crying Grow up and take it like a man,women, or he/she "TV"

my favorite ....

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they're targetting clubs in Chelsea mostly, regardless of the scene.

Yah, I've noticed that. I've been extremely disappointed in this new turn of events. I guess I shouldn't complain too much, the mainstream clubs in LA close at 2 pm (mostly b/c of driving). But there are certainly a bunch of clubs that go all night.

I guess the drug use is expected, but they are closing the hip hop clubs on 27th as well. I left "Home" once at around 3 b/c it closed.

So, its a chelsea thing and definitely ruins NY's great nightlife reputation.

I hope Pacha goes late tonight.

I just wonder how they won\\\'t go after the so called hip-hop culture?

rap,hip-hop clubs are all free of illegal substances ,... must be right?(-:

I think this is a organized offense against all House,Trance and Techno music. On the Goverment level.Or maybe it has to do something about intelligence? There must be a reason,just look at Europe, this is all mainstreem at there.By thye way,Boris plays fantastic music ,so the other DJs in the main clubs, You don\\\'t need to use any drugs,nor need to be gay to enjoy it,just open your mind.

Actually (and I hate hip hop)

Hip hop nights are MUCH better behaved nowadays than trance/tech/house parties are. There is A LOT less drug use, A LOT less trouble in the clubs, the nights end A LOT earlier, and the people are MUCH better behaved when they spill out on to the streets.

These are not 1999 Tunnel Sunday hiphop nights anymore

Sadly, most of the trouble we see now stems from Long Island, NJ and Westchester kids not being able to handle themselves on their big night out in the city. Its a shame, but it was bound to happen.

Personally I am all for the crackdown because the new corporate club scene does nothing but line DJ and club owners pockets.

But alas, i am in the very unvocal minority who cares more about the music than i do the experience or the night out with friends.

Hip hop nights are MUCH better behaved nowadays than trance/tech/house parties are. There is A LOT less drug use, A LOT less trouble in the clubs, the nights end A LOT earlier, and the people are MUCH better behaved when they spill out on to the streets.

Sadly, most of the trouble we see now stems from Long Island, NJ and Westchester kids not being able to handle themselves on their big night out in the city. Its a shame, but it was bound to happen.

Personally I am all for the crackdown because the new corporate club scene does nothing but line DJ and club owners pockets.

But alas, i am in the very unvocal minority who cares more about the music than i do the experience or the night out with friends.

drug use in clubs are definately up in dance music venues ... granted ... but less violence at hip-hop parties ... no, sorry .. just less reported because it doesnt involve white parents and their suburban kids .... people who buy news papers know that hip-hop parties are violent .. that isnt anything new, but a 18 yr old white girl from NJ gets raped and murdered and was picked off after partying in a high price area in new york ... NOW THATS NEWS ~!

That shooting in crobar in july? Hip hop thursday.

sorry but thugery is in the lyrics of many of the hip hop songs..... you think ridin dirty is about spoiling your trousers?

It just sucks........Honestly who are the people that party at late night clubs hurting but themselves. I think they should worry bout catching the real fuckin criminals, (Murders and Rapist, and shit like that.) Why da fuck are they breaking the balls of people who just want to have fun, listen to some music, chill with good people, and dance there ass off. Crobar, Pacha, all the clubs is a fuckin release for most people. STOP FUCKIN BREAKIN BALLS!!!!!! Dont you got bigger shit to worry bout ASSWIPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Murder and Rape are terrible crimes however they are usually isolated. One time things. The mass distribution of drugs in one central location week in and week out isn't. It makes people lots of money; everyone from street level dealers all the way up the chain, in the long run it will hurt more people.

On top of all that the NYPD is sectioned off into different departments. Are you saying that NYPD Narcotics should just give up on drugs and start trying to solve murder cases??? Thats sounds a little crazy too me.

I am a club goer. I am definatly not a NYPD sympathizer either. I just read the ignorance in your post and wanted to make a point.

suprised boris and crobar have nothing to say about the rampant drug use that goes in the club during his shows.

what a little bitch to blame it on the nypd.

That explain how people can stay up so late dancing "rampant drug" ....

I love it when someone says I just drink water ....But I am up all night

and all day.... I thought the Rave law put an end to this!

That explain how people can stay up so late dancing "rampant drug" ....

I love it when someone says I just drink water ....But I am up all night

and all day.... I thought the Rave law put an end to this!

I guess you never met me or some other people i know or hang out with. I dont drink alcohol nor have i ever done drugs since i first started goin out in 1995. Yeah i may take a sip of somones drink to taste it but i stopped drinkin completely after 2001. And yes i am there for the music and dance all 5-15hrs SOBER.

I guess you never met me or some other people i know or hang out with. I dont drink alcohol nor have i ever done drugs since i first started goin out in 1995. Yeah i may take a sip of somones drink to taste it but i stopped drinkin completely after 2001. And yes i am there for the music and dance all 5-15hrs SOBER.

amen brotha.. i did 15 hrs saturday lol

damn you beat me in responding to this. I'm not quite on the silverbull or arg level but there are some very special people who can stay up all night sober

I've been Partying for a long time. since 1993.. and drugs have been around forever. The difference these days are those followers that think that if you go to a club you have to do drugs...and they can't go out without getting fucked up on something. drugs were used or are supposed to inhance your experience...thes fuckers get so fucked up that they don't even remember where they went and who was spinning...Now i'm not gonna be a hypocrite and say I don't do Drugs...But i can easily dance for 15hrs till my legs say No MOre, sober or High. Silverbull How many times have we closed parties sober and had a great time?

DRUGS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM!!! PEOPLE WHO USE THEM JUST TO GET FUCKED UP ARE!!!

By the way Drugs are Illegal... of course the NYPD will get involved. Club Owners want the drugs there. Espcially those Big Rooms. One Owner/Manager once said, and i quote, "to make a club succesfull, you need Drinks Drugs and Hot women". There was no mention of DJs or music.

The Moral of the story is... Be responsible. If you're gonna do your shit..do it in moderation and tastefully. It's really sad when I close a place and stand outside and see a line of Cracked out kids with white noses ans eyes bulging out od their heads. If I See it, you damn skippy the NYPD sees it too.

Boris Man up!!!

Let the children play!!!!

I've been Partying for a long time. since 1993.. and drugs have been around forever. The difference these days are those followers that think that if you go to a club you have to do drugs...and they can't go out without getting fucked up on something. drugs were used or are supposed to inhance your experience...thes fuckers get so fucked up that they don't even remember where they went and who was spinning

This is exactly the problem i think with the newer genration of people getting into this "scene"

i know ive seen you still moving at times when i cant even more my leg to walk lol. See ya soon man.

This is exactly the problem i think with the newer genration of people getting into this "scene"

i know ive seen you still moving at times when i cant even more my leg to walk lol. See ya soon man.

exactly..I would say ever since maybe 2003/late 2002 it just got really bad with crystal having more of a prescence and it changed the whole going out dynamic for many. Drugs like k and extacy were way more prevalent, along the horrid g-messes sporadically making appearances, but manyy were there for the music. It was about really knowing the music and then seeking it out by hitting the vinyl stores, not just downloading like today.

Times change though, so not really bitching b/c it's always expected and of course us older generation want to go back to those days, but that's such a tired argument to say that, so won't go that route.

I remember my numerous Twilo mornings not on drugs after getting a full night rest and showing up around 5-6am. The music was my "high" and that was enough....and going to work was not a death walk on that Monday. I felt great and had a great weekend. I just to get so amped for the Sunday morning and sometimes coming home, taking another short nap and going to Body & Soul until 11pm to get a full night rest for work. Many today want to see push the marathon limit much farther with chemical assistance it seems. Music is more darker too. Ain't gonna change...either accept it or just don't go. Let the new clubbers enjoy it, no matter how they do.

-M

Listen Crowbar is a great club but to much like the SOUNDFACTORY, so all I am asking is what is a good club where I can just go out and dance, enjoy the music without the drugs scene. I prefer not to watch people pass out... Please no webster hall comments.....

Listen Crowbar is a great club but to much like the SOUNDFACTORY, so all I am asking is what is a good club where I can just go out and dance, enjoy the music without the drugs scene. I prefer not to watch people pass out... Please no webster hall comments.....

You asked specifically for a lot of requirements, like good club, good music, place to dance, and no drug scene. Some of those are oxymorons because the best music happens to be in places where people are doing drugs.

But check out Cielo (i haven't seen too many there when I go). Sullivan Room has a great crowd but its low scale. Cielo has a better dress/scale of people because its in the meatpacking area.

You asked specifically for a lot of requirements, like good club, good music, place to dance, and no drug scene. Some of those are oxymorons because the best music happens to be in places where people are doing drugs.

But check out Cielo (i haven't seen too many there when I go). Sullivan Room has a great crowd but its low scale. Cielo has a better dress/scale of people because its in the meatpacking area.

Thanks - for the responds Cielo I heard a few good things....

I know a few of the fellows there.

One keeps asking me to come down... I think I might take him

up on it...

Shelter on sat nights till sun afternoon, 718 sessions once a month among other palces. Cielo is def the best club in nyc check it out. Also as much as i hate drug use and big room it does go hand and hand but amongst the messes you will find people who are really there for the music drug free so dont lose hope i know i havent and have ment many people who are really about the music ONLY. See ya soon.

Shelter on sat nights till sun afternoon, 718 sessions once a month among other palces. Cielo is def the best club in nyc check it out. Also as much as i hate drug use and big room it does go hand and hand but amongst the messes you will find people who are really there for the music drug free so dont lose hope i know i havent and have ment many people who are really about the music ONLY. See ya soon.

Thanks

I understand your comments about big venue ...

Yes you are correct about Sull's a few friends go there - there

tight with a couple of the DJ's dance floor is a little small though...

Will check out Ceilo & the 718 session

Thanks again