Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why did Chus and Ceballos.....

kinetika

what i am trying to say is that they should not be going on before calderone

chus and ceballos > calderon

i know it is 2 different parties, but chus and ceballos blow calderone away

Matter of opinion and matter of taste. Calderone is known for his late night after hrs even before crobar opened. So its nothing new for him to start late. I do hear what your saying though. But chus n ceballos are in a whole other league IMO and more internationally known.

what i am trying to say is that they should not be going on before calderone

chus and ceballos > calderon

i know it is 2 different parties, but chus and ceballos blow calderone away

matter of opinion....

besides i doubt chocha & cebolla can carry a nyc crowd for 12 hours of afterhours music.

LOL for real yo. They are good for 3-4 hrs max at best.

lol

I love it here but it doesnt take a genius to keep an afterhour crowd at crobar hanging for 12 hrs. JP is not a genius and he had the parties at SF going on forever. As long as the kids are tripping and mangled, it doesnt matter who's spinning, even if anyone AT ALL.

But seriously they can keep a crowd going. not just 3-4 hrs. Chus, in particular, is just plain insane with his productions and when he is on...

if you want to imply that afterhours is easier to play because everyone is high then you are absolutely wrong. it is all the harder to hold the attention of 100 or more moody new yrokers that wont take some bullshit house music. people's emotions are much rawer when they've been up all night long and are "on" something.

few djs out here can set a mood other than banging it out at a afterhours and you know the music must be good for you to be sober @ 11am while everyone else around you is 'high'

although i think vc is decent i did feel that he was playing safe when i heard him all day at crobar. when i visited crobar the music didn't change much and i felt a very big lack in vocals to keep me interested but that's IMHO.

was my first time hearing chus and ceballos live, amazing. had a great time dancing the entire time almost, was a happy camper.....victor what can i say, he's one of my fav djs. although i was kind of out of commission shortly after he came on i still heard the set and loved it. i wish i was dancing more! left around 9/10.....

Chocha & Cebolla played alright.. not their best set in my opinion i think they were def turned off by the crowd lol it was very weird actually i didnt set foot on the dance floor till about 4 ish because it cleared up a bit but then.. the gay crowd stormed in. haha so i ran upstairs quickly.. *no offense* but i still had a blast so much so that i closed the party out. vc's the undisputed afterhours champ for me right now.