Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WMC 2007 - Any ideas what the dates are?

I know its 6 months away but im trying to book a timeshare there which I would have to book it right about now. Anyone have any ideas what the dates are going to be for WMC 2007? I'm figuring it would be around the same time last year...maybe March 22nd to the 27th?

Or does anyone know when they'll announce the dates?

yea i guess im gonna have ta

You have about a one week window after they announce the dates where you can book hotels at a good rate. Then hotels, etc. usually jack up the rates once they find out the dates.

I would say your date guess is probably a good one. Last two years have been between those dates.

Prediction...a few events will top the $100 mark to get in.

You've been had. A popular way of baiting new users is to say that.

Conference stays in Miami. The 24 hour zone goes on. There's some rumblings about rolling it back, but it seems to be election-year grandstanding right now. They can't deal with real issues like illegal immigration, terrorists, and bad drivers, so they go after the clubs.

But anyway, Conference is generally the second or third week of March. Plan around those days. Last year, the dates were announced in late October. So sit tight for a few weeks.

You've been had. A popular way of baiting new users is to say that.

Conference stays in Miami. The 24 hour zone goes on. There's some rumblings about rolling it back, but it seems to be election-year grandstanding right now. They can't deal with real issues like illegal immigration, terrorists, and bad drivers, so they go after the clubs.

But anyway, Conference is generally the second or third week of March. Plan around those days. Last year, the dates were announced in late October. So sit tight for a few weeks.

Nope he is lying, everytning is dying down here peeps, 24 thing is going bye bye and real estate is taking over, sooo again thanx for the visit but nothing going on here in 2007 and the rest of 2006, thanx for dropping by

well if Global Gathering is March 17th.......

look for the WMC to be sometime after that date

Please do not perpetrate rumors by speculating on WMC dates based on other events. Winter Music Conference will be celebrating it's 22nd year in existence and the dates thast they secure are based on logistics and the interests of the participating conference delegates.

Whatever the best dates are for their activities to proceed in the best interests are the dates that will be used.

I am personally tired of watching all of the parasites who pretend to be WMC affiliated during that time of the year...but who have never registered for the conference or for that matter even ventured within 5 blocks of the host hotel.

Disgusting...and you all wonder about the futur of 'EDM' while the copy cat conferences pop up around the country.

greedy + greedy = Greedy

[/rant]

WMC 2007 is not happening next year due to the fact that the 24 hr gig will be discontinued in the new year, right around Jan, soo please if any out of towners booked rooms or flights, cancel them now, Im sorry this comes as a blow, but what can ya do, vegas WMC is still happening so I suggest that all of the new york/jersey trash I mean folks make their way out there, thanx for visiting, see ya in 2008 :)

WMC 2007 is not happening next year due to the fact that the 24 hr gig will be discontinued in the new year, right around Jan, soo please if any out of towners booked rooms or flights, cancel them now, Im sorry this comes as a blow, but what can ya do, vegas WMC is still happening so I suggest that all of the new york/jersey trash I mean folks make their way out there, thanx for visiting, see ya in 2008 :)

Your post is nearly as original as Space 34 changing its name to back to Space :D

Disgusting...and you all wonder about the futur of 'EDM' while the copy cat conferences pop up around the country.

greedy + greedy = Greedy

[/rant]

And as much as I agree 100% about your post, the fact that there are "copy-cat" events, would actually lead me to believe that things aren't as bad as we think. I know where you work ;) and mean no offense when I say that the best thing that EVER happened to WMC (the company) is the M3 Summit. And let me esplain myself so you get where I'm coming from.

WMC is THEE one, the original, the daddy of the mack, one of the SINGLE MOST important reasosn dance music has flourished internationally. My "complaint" is that the mission, the direction, and especially the branding of WMC has been "tired" and "stale" for a LOOOOOONG time. And if nobody registers... well, look inside for the answers. There is NOTHING worth seeing. Nothing wirthy of paying the money. Even the panels worth seeing, was a bunch of guys sitting behind a couple 8ft banquet tables with cheesy table-cloths and desktop inkjet printer name cards. I think M3's branding was DOPE. It made me go, Hmmmm I need to check that out. Their events were "exciting", interesting, comfortable and VERY well planned and marketed. I think M3 will be (and WMC people please take this and run with it) the reason WMC gets even better. It is hopefully pushing WMC to step it's game up. Survival of the fittest. I hope they both succeed to be honest, but time will tell. And BTW, there IS a music conference in Vegas... and from what reliable sources say, it was pretty damn good. And it will grow.. .and grow every year JUST LIKE WMC did and one day the new-jacks won't know what came first... the chicken or the egg!

And because I am beaing as unbiased as possible... here is a case study... just compare their branding and design...

m3.jpg

-vs-

wmc.jpg

And as much as I agree 100% about your post, the fact that there are "copy-cat" events, would actually lead me to believe that things aren't as bad as we think. I know where you work ;) and mean no offense when I say that the best thing that EVER happened to WMC (the company) is the M3 Summit. And let me esplain myself so you get where I'm coming from.

WMC is THEE one, the original, the daddy of the mack, one of the SINGLE MOST important reasosn dance music has flourished internationally. My "complaint" is that the mission, the direction, and especially the branding of WMC has been "tired" and "stale" for a LOOOOOONG time. And if nobody registers... well, look inside for the answers. There is NOTHING worth seeing. Nothing wirthy of paying the money. Even the panels worth seeing, was a bunch of guys sitting behind a couple 8ft banquet tables with cheesy table-cloths and desktop inkjet printer name cards. I think M3's branding was DOPE. It made me go, Hmmmm I need to check that out. Their events were "exciting", interesting, comfortable and VERY well planned and marketed. I think M3 will be (and WMC people please take this and run with it) the reason WMC gets even better. It is hopefully pushing WMC to step it's game up. Survival of the fittest. I hope they both succeed to be honest, but time will tell. And BTW, there IS a music conference in Vegas... and from what reliable sources say, it was pretty damn good. And it will grow.. .and grow every year JUST LIKE WMC did and one day the new-jacks won't know what came first... the chicken or the egg!

And because I am beaing as unbiased as possible... here is a case study... just compare their branding and design...

m3.jpg

-vs-

wmc.jpg

the guy who started the M3 sold it earlier this year as he never made any money running it.

and i was at the Vegas music conference....it was a fun weekened but the conference itself was sparsely attended and had a lot of problems. but it can only get better in the future IMO.

Trash? have you looked at your city recently? YES South Beach also, esp on the weekends. And your worried about NY/NJ....lol