Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Will this all end someday???

Sometimes I sit and think..... will this all end someday?? Like all the clubs, E, stuff like that?? I mean, I guess eventually u gotta grow out of it rite? But then I think some more and I'm like...how can u stop having this kind of fun, just like that.

I dunno, what do you guys think about this.....???

------------------

DANCE LIKE NOBODY'S WATCHING.......

clubchick20@hotmail.com

i really hope not....the scene will always be alive with me.as long as there are die hard fans out there i think we will survive for a long time.plur

keep it movin...rollo

------------------

"cameras ready prepare to flash"

The way i see it is that at this rate all that is fun about commercialized partying will come to an end.

But that will just reset the whole system of things, and now that we all know how it all went wrong, we'll know how to keep it UNDERGROUND the right way.

YES< i'm talking about the checkpionts, incrypted flyers, secret maps, secret locations, clean doses of pleasure and the ever missed 40 ounces.

I personally can't wait.

A flat out - NOPE - from me.

I gave up using drugs and going out - I guess that shows I've matured some . . . so now it's all about the music for me - if i can dance longer and harder (tee hee, not to mention better biggrin.gif) than people on drugs, i'm sure i'll be able to do it for forever. And will I still want to? You betch your sweet ass i will. biggrin.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

brandie@optonline.net

As fun as it is going out and rolling and just ripping it up it will evantually have to come to an end. All great things do come to an end. Look how much different the club scene is from '91. If anyone can remember going out around that time, although we were probably late teens. It was so much different, there were so much drugs and a lot more wacky shit going on. I recall walking through the dance floor and it wasn't uncommon to see some guy getting j-offed and another one getting a BJ. I would like to ask those guys if things are still the same. I'm willing to bet they wuld think this sucks, well maybe not but I think you know where I'm going. Reading this I don't know know what the hell I'm saying. Clubbing as we know it will evantually die, but we will be keeping up with the times and we will not see the gradual changes that are taking place even today. I notice it is a little different at Twilo. Sorry if I'm rambling, I will write more when I am half awake. Sorry

I agree with Liquidsquid, times were so much better way back when things were kept underground. The only people showing up to see the DJ's were all hardcore believers in the music and the atmosphere. Nowadays you go out and see a bunch of people who don't belong there, could care less about the music and just want to do more drugs than their friends. It's sad how the scene evolved

Certain aspects of clubbing can get boring and you want to constantly do new things, well I'm doing that by moving to New York wink.gif

If you want to see where the scene is headed look to Europe, and in particular the UK, where dance music & clubbing is so pervasive.....I like the fact that what was underground two years ago is now 'commercial'....viva la revolution....I find it a little arrogant when people start moaning about how 'it was better when it was 'underground' etc.....I finished university @ the end of '96 and then started clubbing in a big way, now if I bump into somone from university in a club I find it hysterical..... there is and there always will be 'the underground', the cutting edge will always be there, so get out there and make it & create it and support it, and above all dance to it cool.gif

------------------

..................coming soon to a dancefloor near you------------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

Craziness, I don't know how to respond to you guys, I mean I agree on your beliefs about this totaly, but I still like my name, I like the music. you guys got a huge point though and are right.

see ya.

------------------

we are the dreamers

we are the music makers

A friend of my bf's and mine asked us this past weekend, "what if the whole club, drug and music thing ends for you guys?" And my bf and I looked at each other and I was like will it ever end? And then I said, "Oh yea, when we die it'll all end!!" biggrin.gif

But seriously, I believe that sooner or later the club scene and the drug thing will end . . . but the music . . . the music will never stop!

BlueAngel

------------------

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write,

but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn."

By Alvin Toffler.

the scene will never end, its just when particular individuals get out of it. i mean the drugs and everything aside, why shouldnt i want to be a part of the music scene i like even if i'm 40 yrs old. whats the difference between going to ozzfest cuz u dig ozzie or going to twilo cuz you dig the djs style. personally, i think electronica music will be the forerunner and most innovative music in the future, and i'll be involved in it to some degree till the day i die.

------------------

deez nuts

For me myself I don't think it will ever end, not from a DJ's perspective but going out and dancing the night away is a very uplifting thing...Although no one can be sure what the future holds and therefore I shall wait and see...

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

Just like the generations befor us we too will old and Unhip....We'll be those old people in the clubs that evryone watched to see if there cops...LOL but I guess only time will tell ya now. Music changes clubs come and go and befor you can turn around, life is over and your living in Florida

------------------

Check out http://www.nitefaces.com/mad_productions.htm for club info.

What happend to disco? The clubs were exclusive and people got fed up with the door policies and the Cheesy (jump on the band wagon) music.

Anybody see any parallels?

I dont think it will go that way but you never can tell. One thing is for sure there will always be an underground scene.

no, as long as people keep having kids there will always be rebellious deviant things going on. the more accepting mainstream society gets the harder kids have to think of stuff to shock their parents and rebel and form their own identity. i think that's a lot of what the rave world is about, breaking away from what our parents did, doing something that they can't relate to, etc. drugs will always be around, not only for people to "rebel" but also for people to escape to. and partying? well, that's just fun.