Clubplanet Nightlife Community

People who complain/talk "IM TO OLD" and are only in there early to mid 20s

STFU seriously, to old for what? To go out and dance?

I mean there so many people in their 40s and 50s who have been in this scene since the begining that still go out 2-3 nights of the week. ANd there would be more if it wasnt for the 1980s aids epidemic.

How about people who say they retired from goin out and never really go out beyond once or 2 times a month or so lol. Or who have only been into on escene or dj only. This house music/dance music/techno or whatever your into is a LIFESTYLE/CULTURE not a fad, so it will move on without you and without me when im gone as well.

I dont know but nothing gets to me more then hearing people say ive moved on with my life and are only like 23 or im to old to dance and are only 27. Or people who say wtf is that person doin ina club hes 30 or 40,seriously how old do you think the best djs in the world are lol.

With that said see you on the dacefloor till my last day or until i cant walk anymore lol.

I mean there so many people in their 40s and 50s who have been in this scene since the begining that still go out 2-3 nights of the week. ANd there would be more if it wasnt for the 1980s aids epidemic.

How about people who say they retired from goin out and never really go out beyond once or 2 times a month or so lol. Or who have only been into on escene or dj only. This house music/dance music/techno or whatever your into is a LIFESTYLE/CULTURE not a fad, so it will move on without you and without me when im gone as well.

I dont know but nothing gets to me more then hearing people say ive moved on with my life and are only like 23 or im to old to dance and are only 27. Or people who say wtf is that person doin ina club hes 30 or 40,seriously how old do you think the best djs in the world are lol.

With that said see you on the dacefloor till my last day or until i cant walk anymore lol.

Dude...I turn 33 next week and act like I am 21. Who cares what other peeps think. You know what you like, what you don't like. It's not a contest. When your friends get married, have kids, then half of those get divorced you will have a whole batch of single friends in their early 30's. :)

Case in point are my friends...at least half are already divorced. I will say that I never go out during the week anymore. Maybe during the summer. I just can't hang late when I a full day of work the next day. NO WAY! Don't recover like I used to.

I agree with you bull

but what I notice is the ones who "dont go out anymore" or "im over that"

are usually ones who went out to just get mangled and shit liek that, they associate going out with doing drugs and shit and they just cant do it anymore,

good riddens is what I say

are usually ones who went out to just get mangled and shit liek that, they associate going out with doing drugs and shit and they just cant do it anymore,

EXACTLY.

I notice is the ones who "dont go out anymore" or "im over that"

what if they went to clubs drug free and went out to hear good tunes. Even if they're the minority, they still went out and supported the scene

what if they went to clubs drug free and went out to hear good tunes. Even if they're the minority, they still went out and supported the scene

Believe it or not i havent experience that yet or met anyone who was drug free that just backed out cause they got tired of it. I mean i think both fast fast and myself are talking about people who go out every weekend and then "give it up" for their reasons in their young age.

I agree with you bull

completely agree.. The sad thing is these are the people that make up most of clubland.

The reason they no longer go out is b/c the drugs got em

I don't think people stop going out b/c they think they're too old for it. What seems to happen is that people get married, have kids, are busy with work, etc. and going out isn't on the top of their priority list anymore.

It's almost impossible for me to get any of my friends who are married/in a serious relationship to go out at all.

I hope I never turn into that kinda person.

I agree. Think of age as an integer. If you're really having fun, your age goes unimaginary down. I am 25 and when I listen to house, I feel like 18 all over again. If you're on 'substance' like the pple who complained about having too much of it, their age becomes a negative number. Having a negative age can be bad because your mind becomes immature. Sucking a thumb or carrying a pacifier are examples of having too much fun. With this said, my uncle is 65 and I enjoy partying with him!

I don't think people stop going out b/c they think they're too old for it. What seems to happen is that people get married, have kids, are busy with work, etc. and going out isn't on the top of their priority list anymore.

It's almost impossible for me to get any of my friends who are married/in a serious relationship to go out at all.

I hope I never turn into that kinda person.

that i can understand but what about the 22yr olds who only gone out since 20 or something like that lol.

I agree with you bull

exactly...most of my college friends won't come to clubs with me anymore b/c the only reasons they could see to go to a club were to do drugs or hook up with random people, and those are things a lot of people grow out of. You are never too old to love the music.

I agree with you bull

EXACTLY - great observation JP...these same types are in there 20's and look like they are hittin 40...due to their choice of lifestyle

PS I'm 31...I can say that I'm old ...LOL...I still love the music and love to dance but after a few hours I start complaining that my back hurts...I'm such an old lady ...hahahha

I mean I love having sex,

im not going to stop doing that cause I get older (well maybe 80 or so lol)

but you get the drift,

if you love something and enjoy doing it, why would you ever stop, of course with clubbing there are limitations and exceptions,

cant be disco dotty at 68 dancing up a storm ....that might just be a bit odd

cant be disco dotty at 68 dancing up a storm ....that might just be a bit odd

haha, my friends always say that is going to be me. Of course I'm 24 and still apparently don't look old enough to get into a club so hopefully I can keep going for awhile without looking too crazy ;)

when your 17 and doing drugs and still doing them by the age of 23 it wears you out. Thats what i was doing and by the time i was 21 years old i felt like i was fuckin 40.

so true. i quit at 32. sober since and now at 47 still love to go out with friends of all ages. its all about the music and the feeling one gets on the dance floor during the right mix is something that is ageless and timeless. go to a psych trance party and you will see folks from 18-60 smiling and dancing. what this scene needs is less superficial bs and more passion for the music that can be enjoyed without the aid of drugs or drink. just my thoughts. peace.

haha, my friends always say that is going to be me. Of course I'm 24 and still apparently don't look old enough to get into a club so hopefully I can keep going for awhile without looking too crazy ;)

yeah I been told I have a baby face myself, so we are better off then the rest of these geriatrics (sp)

im 28, and feel like im 18 also.....lol

im 25 myself and ive been goin out since i was 15 and dont see myself "stopping" at all really. Again think about all the legends out there who are still playing and touring the world as djs, thier no spring chickens hehe.

Shit even the man who started this whole dance music culture on feb 14th 1968 DAVID MACNSUO just had a party at THE LOFT the other day. And the crowd were grand parents thier kids and thier grand kids, THATS HOUSE.

i know people too bull that are like 23/24 and have since retired. some of them say its becuz the scene changed, its not the "same" anymore w/o soundfactory, exit, etc and going out now "is a waste of time," they have said... lmao. these same people actually were drug free, drank once and a while.....so they are really people that just "got over" the music and moved on. i beleive now they are into hip hop. go figure.

so anyways im 25....i go through phases re going out.....i have always loved the music and always will.....however i noticed when i was in a serious relationship i didnt go out HALF as much as i do when im single (as i am now).... i guess i got too wrapped up! also it doesnt help if the bf/gf isn't into the music AT ALL. oh well. now im single and free and loving life and doing what I want to do :) haha i made a pact w some friends not to get married until we are at least 30 that's the rule lmao.