Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Crobar Closing?

hehateme

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11172006/gossip/pagesix/crobar_squeeze_pagesix_.htm

November 17, 2006 -- CROBAR owners Kenny Smith and Cal Fortis may be forced to say goodbye to their West Chelsea nightclub. Page Six hears its financial backers - described as "tough-guy Greeks who wear track suits and flashy jewelry" (including one "real b-buster" ironically called "Little Tommy") - are pulling the plug. Smith and Fortis have two other Crobars, one in Miami and one in Chicago, but our tipster assures us they are "being pushed out" of New York. Crobar did not respond to calls.

Sounds like ante and doom :laugh:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know...I work at its rival tabloid paper (the Daily News), so I know most of this shit is made up. I dunno if you read today's paper, but if see that article on OJ's new book, "If I Did It," it says that the publisher promoting this ridiculous book is owned by the Murdoch Corporation. Rupert Murdoch also owns the Post, which controls Page Six. So, he's backing a known murderer, b/c he'll know it'll sell bigtime - sad, but true, considering the general public is pretty ignorant. They sell their souls to sell papers. That's the name of the game in this biz.

Hopefully the Crobar thing is a hoax...just the way they describe the prototypical jumpsuit wearin' Greek mafioso tough guy-types alone. It sensationalizes the entire story.

I know...I work at its rival tabloid paper (the Daily News), so I know most of this shit is made up. I dunno if you read today's paper, but if see that article on OJ's new book, "If I Did It," it says that the publisher promoting this ridiculous book is owned by the Murdoch Corporation. Rupert Murdoch also owns the Post, which controls Page Six. So, he's backing a known murderer, b/c he'll know it'll sell bigtime - sad, but true, considering the general public is pretty ignorant. They sell their souls to sell papers. That's the name of the game in this biz.

Hopefully the Crobar thing is a hoax...just the way they describe the prototypical jumpsuit wearin' Greek mafioso tough guy-types alone. It sensationalizes the entire story.

What the hell are you trying to say, either way you slice it, the book is still coming out, no matter who publishes it.

You just wrote a paragraph of bullshit, then said "hopefully it's not true"

All rumors are based in some sort of fact.

If you read the paragraph correctly (or if you can comprehend things like a person of average intelligence)..the first paragraph is comprised of all fact, using comparative analysis, to describe how the publisher who's promoting OJs new book is under the Murdoch corporation. In no way does it insinuate whether or not the book would be published with or without the Murdoch Corporation. I'm making the point of what a money hungry slime ball he is, and that he'll print anything to fill space, relating back to the Page Six Crobar report. That's the job of a tabloid. Some are more respectable than others.

No shit that all rumors are based on some type of fact. Half-truths and sort of based on the truth is still not the truth. Rumors are rumors until someone has come forth to confirm or deny a report.

Re-read your rebuttals before you submit then Einstein.

if they start doing hip-hop they will end up just like spirit in a matter of weeks...they need to stop serving ghetto people in NYC they should have enuff places in the bronx and brooklyn manhattan should be ours!!!

You have gjetto people you enjoy tyhe club scene too you jerk.

cmon that club makes big coin on top dj bookings.

whoever is running it is not going to end those bookings.

and if some djs choose to jump to pacha, hey its happened already on certain nights: howells lawler cox dt etc. even boris now.

id like crobar & pacha to stay- competition is good for the marketplace

the pg 6 info sounds partial at best; fabricated at worst

right im a jerk cuz i dont like loud ghetto people who fight and throw bottles at each other and make a scene and provoke cops to shut clubs down...right!

get a fucking life!!!

Not all ghetto people start fights or are loud,but I do agree with you about the Hip hop,they are the ones that don't know how to act I for one don't like the clubs catering to a hip hop night,it has no place in the club scene at all.

cmon that club makes big coin on top dj bookings.

whoever is running it is not going to end those bookings.

and if some djs choose to jump to pacha, hey its happened already on certain nights: howells lawler cox dt etc. even boris now.

id like crobar & pacha to stay- competition is good for the marketplace

the pg 6 info sounds partial at best; fabricated at worst

I really dont think it's fabricated, The past 6 months Crobar is def not what it use to be, it's never as crowded as it use to be and the crowd has def reached an all time low. I think they were use to being the only megaclub on the block and once they got competition everything slowly started going downhill...Not saying I want Crobar shut down, it's definately good to have variety in NYC...but I think everyone saw this coming in the near future

if they start doing hip-hop they will end up just like spirit in a matter of weeks...they need to stop serving ghetto people in NYC they should have enuff places in the bronx and brooklyn manhattan should be ours!!!

y u gota be aracist asshole..and im pretty sure its the rampant use of Ecstasy and K that is prompting the NYPD to hawk Crobar..not the occasional fight between "ghetto folks"

maybe if people got stop bashing others on a freakin forum board (because they know if they said that kinda shit to somebody's face,they would get decked) and focus on the issue,maybe we can all find ways to keep nightlife alive in nyc.But everybody wants to act like they are 12 and on a play ground

grow up already

maybe if people got stop bashing others on a freakin forum board (because they know if they said that kinda shit to somebody's face,they would get decked) and focus on the issue,maybe we can all find ways to keep nightlife alive in nyc.But everybody wants to act like they are 12 and on a play ground

grow up already

Hey I'd be happy to say it to your face...cause I know this ghetto nigga would crack a bottle of Colt 45 right across your skull...