Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Stereo NYC is for real folks, what a night

Damn that was some serious fun. Music/crowd/vibe i had a blast and lots of different djs from different scenes in that buidling, from quentin hariss, to roger sanchez, to mel cheren, to boris, davidson ospina, manny ward and countless otheres.

Angel Moraes was killing it all night until 830am when he stopped. The opening dj was good also but didnt get a name.

I love how the opener was bangin it hard and then it was angels turn and he just lowered the music and began the night with some garage classics. Some people were like wtf while others loved it. Then 3 songs later BOOM he just took it to a whole other level and kept playing that dark hard tribalish beats till 8am or so then went back with garage classics and ended the night with pink floyd.

My ears are not ringing one bit, the soundsystem is powerful, best part is how during parts of the night he would just crank it all the way abd the building would shake and then he take it down again. Cant wait for the next party/dj i like to play that room. I wish angel/alan and everyone involve with that project the best of luck.

wooooooooooooooooooow....I love this club! The opening DJ was great and Angel Moraes...unbelievable. Anyone who loves Calderone and Roger Sanchez and has never heard him definitely needs to check him out. I was one of the people that was puzzled by the classics, but luckily I had house music historian Gabe with me to explain what that was all about :)

The venue is cool too...very dark and kind of grungy. It definitely reminded me of Factory in that respect. The only drawback was there isn't much seating if you don't have bottle service, and even if you do the VIP area upstairs is really cramped.

I don't know if it's worth commenting on the crowd since it was the opening night, but it was very mixed. Some really good dancers and some people doing the SF shuffle. At first it was a little older than I usually see @ other places, and very gay. By the time I left around 5 it was pretty mixed, although hardly any guidos. Does anyone know if that was Vivacious in the top hat?

wooooooooooooooooooow....I love this club! The opening DJ was great and Angel Moraes...unbelievable. Anyone who loves Calderone and Roger Sanchez and has never heard him definitely needs to check him out. I was one of the people that was puzzled by the classics, but luckily I had house music historian Gabe with me to explain what that was all about :)

The venue is cool too...very dark and kind of grungy. It definitely reminded me of Factory in that respect. The only drawback was there isn't much seating if you don't have bottle service, and even if you do the VIP area upstairs is really cramped.

I don't know if it's worth commenting on the crowd since it was the opening night, but it was very mixed. Some really good dancers and some people doing the SF shuffle. At first it was a little older than I usually see @ other places, and very gay. By the time I left around 5 it was pretty mixed, although hardly any guidos. Does anyone know if that was Vivacious in the top hat?

U sure this place is still good Gabe ? (Sounds like another Hobar in the making from what is described above.)

U sure this place is still good Gabe ? (Sounds like another Hobar in the making from what is described above.)

Vive was there. She had a blast she said. She sees real potential in that place as well. And I heard there was a ton of old djs and producers who came out to support Angel and to see the new space. Im eager to go check it out myself! I want to see what kind of lineup they can put together!

how did that sound like Hobar? Just curious b/c I went there right after and it was pretty much the complete opposite...I guess I didn't do a very good job of describing.

Guest distort909

thank you to all who came out... we are working to make ourselves & every one happy. im sad to have missed all the fun....... :( i was there but running around like a maniac that i missed it all.

Glad you love it gabe that all i need to know we have something special going on.

I got email about the party but i went to crobar to checkout richi santana.I havent seen him in nyc club latley. I ve seen him in jersey. Richie hes very tribal and hard, Hes the most underated Dj in tr-state area. Behind the scene he producing tracks. Silverbull how big is this venue the dance floor and cover charge and guest list. I hope next year things will change for the house scene in NY. opend up more house clubs. Stereo and motions fridays at duvert can start the trends. Silverbull im going to checkout Duvert fridays. The Dj line up is great and I hope Stereo gets some good Dj spining there.

I got email about the party but i went to crobar to checkout richi santana.I havent seen him in nyc club latley. I ve seen him in jersey. Richie hes very tribal and hard, Hes the most underated Dj in tr-state area. Behind the scene he producing tracks. Silverbull how big is this venue the dance floor and cover charge and guest list. I hope next year things will change for the house scene in NY. opend up more house clubs. Stereo and motions fridays at duvert can start the trends. Silverbull im going to checkout Duvert fridays. The Dj line up is great and I hope Stereo gets some good Dj spining there.

Santana kills it everytime...Great DJ

Now all we need is a PVD booking along with Armin, Tiesto, and Ferry Corsten. It will be a trancetacular club then. LOL. BWHAHAHAHHAHAAAA. J/K. But seriously, if its a dope venue, Im sure I will check it out before the year is over.

shoot your self in the foot for this... i'm sure i'll see you when danny spins there lolz

ps:good review bull sounds like great potential good things

Stereo%20Grand%20Opening%20November%2018%202006%20015_jpg.jpg

my frineds and i were the first ones to walk into the big room saturday night.

The wait outside online was alittle worrieing because we thought we'd get in at 11 but things still needed to be worked out.

No prob. we went in around midnight.

Minimal music playing from dj..................i have the openers name around here somewhere...........

Took a few pics of him.

He was testing out the system with some BIG ROOM music.

He was on point 100% it Angel stepped in.

The energy in the room was crazy.

Room was kinda slow in the beging but thats common for NYC.

ARound 1am i was upstairs at the bar talkin to

BARTENDER ONE = WILL

and MARTENDE TWO = Orvel

Pictured here

Thanks for the strong drinks boys.

I have to say this was one of thebest times and most inexpencive nights in NYC drinking, drinving, parking i had all year!

Thanks Maria for helpin on this one, Silver Bull for putting your hands in the mix and

a BIG SHOUT TO

SOME CLOWN who met up with Dj Liqid down on the dance floor

More Pics here

http://antifmradio.com/vinyl/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&album=20&cat=0&page=1

Stereo%20Grand%20Opening%20November%2018%202006%20025_jpg.jpg