Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rocky Balboa (2006)

nomembername

yea same here..

i hope they show tommy gunns deterioration due to AIDS..

stallones face blew the fuck up cause of all the shit he had to take to make his 60 yr old body look like it was 30 again..

yo i hear also that schwarzenegger has deals lined up left and right when he comes out of office and they are supposed to make a "King Conan"..thats crazy..

gunn claims the test were false-positives and hes hiv free... saw pics of em on maxbox... dudes a whale now, he found jesus tho

saw the previews for die hard 4 and hannibal rising... dh4 looks gay, HR looks sick

wow thats crazy...i never heard that..so he's a holy rollin moby dick now huh? i dont know man..im pretty sure he woulda made a bigger press release if in fact they were false positives..the fuckin nevada state athletic commission wouldnt just postpone your fight that night cause of finding out you have high cholestrol...he must of tested hiv positive fair and square..

dh4 wtf? give it up willis....and hannibal..them shits are always interesting movies

dh4 official title is "live free or die hard" lol

hannibal rising doesnt have A-hop in it tho

Gunn blaimed the false-pos on riods he was taking - what?

merry quothmas...

http://mftm.blogspot.com/2006/12/hannibal-rising-2007-trailer.html

http://mftm.blogspot.com/2006/12/live-free-or-die-hard-2007-teaser.html

werd thanx..same to you..

but yea man..if that pussy is AIDS free then why dont he put on a pair of boxing gloves....oh cus jesus told him not to now? cause he found god? where was he under his fuckin bed?

what a fuckin abortion of a film...i was all amped up and shit when they were playin gonna fly now..but not only does he fuckin lose...why the hell was mason dixson like the smallest dude he ever fought in any rocky movie? i understand he is a real boxer who would fight as a light middleweight..so how the fuck do they have him in a movie lookin small and shit fighting as a heavy weight? ...and why did they announce mason dixson as winner and "still champion" when it was an exhibition fight to begin with? lotta flaws....

i think the dvd will have alternate endings cause i read somewhere the real ending was supposed to have some dude stand up and be like im the son of Apollo Creed or some shit..

i liked the movie...i think it helps us 4get rocky 5...and Tarver actually bulked up a lot for this fight in order to play a heavyweight so go figure

the only thing that put more weight on Tarver was those fuckin diamond stud earrings. I take shits that weigh more and are darker than Tarver.

sorry but that whole "little marie" thing was creepy... wasn't she the chick smoking cigarettes with his son when she was like 13? and what's up with her having a black son named "steps"... fucking weird

training scene was 3 minutes long... and the fight ended in a draw... fuck that shit

if anyone is reading this who didn't see it...sorry but i just saved you $11

No man. Marie was the girl in the first movie that was hanging out with the older guys on the streetside, and he walked her home and lectured her about smoking.

I find it hard to reply to you like this being that we already talked about it, but for the benefit of everyone else, including Barstar who loves my posts, I'll say it again. :laugh:

I think the idea was that it was supposed to be different from the 2nd to 5th movie endings, and more like the first one. II, III, IV, and V all ended in KOs. It would have been lame to do it again. That Rocky didn't really go there to win, he went there to go the distance and prove himself. That's why he was already walking out of the ring before the judge's scores were read, because it didn't matter to him. He wanted to prove himself, and he did.

It was at least in my top three favorites of the series. Short of Adrian's coma and Mickey's death, this was easily the most dramatic film of the series. Not only was it so dramatic, but it was really funny. Every Rocky film had it's few LOL funny moments, but this film was hilarious. I LOL so many times throughout the film and so did everyone around me in the theater.

The end fight? Whoa! People weren't kidding, nor Sly in his interviews, when they said this looked more like a real fight than any other in the series. Utterly fantastic. I truly enjoyed the way the fight ended; I think it ended perfectly.

The last line of the film? Perfect. Absolutely perfect way to end the film.

Each Rocky film has always had the big training montage, Rocky theme music, and running scene following the big emotional scene. The scene that preceded the training montage brought tears to my eyes tonight.

"Little" Marie...Love her. What a sweety, and a cutie. And what a true friend to Rocky.

Oh, and Burt Young as Pauli: What a fantastic character, and actor as well. Easily Burt Young's finest, most depth-drawing Rocky performance.

I think the film, though powerful, was too short (less than 2 hours). I shouldn't say that because it wasn't lacking in narrative or developement (except for the following critiques). But simply on an enjoyment factor I'd have preferred a longer film.

My only critiques of this film were:

I didn't think Rocky looked as fit as he could have been, or has been in the past films. He certainly looked packed, but also quite pudgy to be honest, IMO. Not only in the face, but in the gut area and chest as well. And though his biceps were huge, they didn't have much shape. When he stood sidewayes, his biceps didn't appear curved, only large. I know the character, and actor, is in his late 50's (60 even, not sure) and the idea had been that he had to get in shape all over again to fight, but it just seemed to me that he looked to be not fully in shape. He was certainly larger than Antonio Carver, but still...

Pauli's pain over his sister at first seemed non-evident, until he spilled his guts to Rocky about his feelings of guilt ("You were always so good to her, and I treated her like dirt"...Rocky: "She always loved you, Pauli."), and it bothered me that the story didn't focus any further on that. We never see Pauli reach any resolution on his feelings. If that scene itself was meant to serve that purpose, I felt that there should have been more narrative involving his love for Adrian, and acceptance.

It was at least in my top three favorites of the series. Short of Adrian's coma and Mickey's death, this was easily the most dramatic film of the series. Not only was it so dramatic, but it was really funny. Every Rocky film had it's few LOL funny moments, but this film was hilarious. I LOL so many times throughout the film and so did everyone around me in the theater.

The end fight? Whoa! People weren't kidding, nor Sly in his interviews, when they said this looked more like a real fight than any other in the series. Utterly fantastic. I truly enjoyed the way the fight ended; I think it ended perfectly.

The last line of the film? Perfect. Absolutely perfect way to end the film.

Each Rocky film has always had the big training montage, Rocky theme music, and running scene following the big emotional scene. The scene that preceded the training montage brought tears to my eyes tonight.

"Little" Marie...Love her. What a sweety, and a cutie. And what a true friend to Rocky.

Oh, and Burt Young as Pauli: What a fantastic character, and actor as well. Easily Burt Young's finest, most depth-drawing Rocky performance.

I think the film, though powerful, was too short (less than 2 hours). I shouldn't say that because it wasn't lacking in narrative or developement (except for the following critiques). But simply on an enjoyment factor I'd have preferred a longer film.

My only critiques of this film were:

I didn't think Rocky looked as fit as he could have been, or has been in the past films. He certainly looked packed, but also quite pudgy to be honest, IMO. Not only in the face, but in the gut area and chest as well. And though his biceps were huge, they didn't have much shape. When he stood sidewayes, his biceps didn't appear curved, only large. I know the character, and actor, is in his late 50's (60 even, not sure) and the idea had been that he had to get in shape all over again to fight, but it just seemed to me that he looked to be not fully in shape. He was certainly larger than Antonio Carver, but still...

Pauli's pain over his sister at first seemed non-evident, until he spilled his guts to Rocky about his feelings of guilt ("You were always so good to her, and I treated her like dirt"...Rocky: "She always loved you, Pauli."), and it bothered me that the story didn't focus any further on that. We never see Pauli reach any resolution on his feelings. If that scene itself was meant to serve that purpose, I felt that there should have been more narrative involving his love for Adrian, and acceptance.

...he is in his early 60s in real life...and he didnt have long training time in the film so i think it made sense that he wasnt in perfect physical condition......although i thought he looked great for his real age.....they made him younger in the movie......also i think his abs were airbrushed on

sorry but that whole "little marie" thing was creepy... wasn't she the chick smoking cigarettes with his son when she was like 13? and what's up with her having a black son named "steps"... fucking weird

training scene was 3 minutes long... and the fight ended in a draw... fuck that shit

if anyone is reading this who didn't see it...sorry but i just saved you $11

lol thanks i'll wait for it to come out on on demand