Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who is the next JP/Boris?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

A very special thanks to everyone who posted positive comments about me in this thread.

As mentioned above... I agree that comparing myself with Boris or Jp is not a good comparison as the style of music that they play (for the most part) and the way that they play it is different from mine.

However, these guys are NYC legends, no doubt about that.

The numbers that they pull on a consistent basis for the years that they have is something that I truly respect and look up to. They are great in there craft and to have such a large number of loyal fans the way they do is something that I dream of having one day here in NYC.

I've been dj'ing since a very young age as I started dj'ing in 1989. While dj'ing has always been a passion of mine, it was always a hobby up until a few years ago.

The out of town / international gigs are always a lot of fun and I'm living a dream that far exceeds what I had envisioned in my youth.

All of the interest and support that I have from my fans is something that I truly appreciate.

See you all on the dance floor :)

Jason

http://www.JasonJollins.com

-

SEE YOU ON THE DANCEFLOOR MY MAN I FUCKING LOVE YOUR STUFF. I WOULD LOVE TO WORK WITH YOU IN THE FUTURE

I dont think im the next JP/Boris etc, but alot of people that have listened to my mixes have compared me to Boris or VC which i found flattering only because im still very new and still a nobody, and i highly respect all the talented DJ's that are out there paving the way for upcoming dj's. I play alot of tribal and have been influenced by the old school since i was 8 years old. I appreciate house music for what it is and love playing the music and the money and fame to me is just the icing on the cake. I find happiness just playing for a room full of people. But i would love to hear what some of you have to say about some of my mixes so here's a link to my podcast with a bunch of my past mixes... -mentor

p.s. in my opinion Richie & Peter are def doing it big, i wish them much success for they're unbelievable talent

Hello again. Here's the latest mix i just uploaded today April 20. 2007. Hit me up with some comments and/or questions on www.myspace.com/djmentor. Thank you all. and enjoy -mentor

f41341cb.jpg

<object width="320" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.podOmatic.com/flash/flashcatcher"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.podOmatic.com/flash/flashcatcher.swf" width="320" height="315" flashvars="playlist_url=http://mentor.podOmatic.com/xspf.xspf" ></embed></object><br /><a href="http://www.podOmatic.com/podcast/embed/mentor" style="text-decoration: none"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color="#0033ff"><strong>Click here to get your own player.</strong></font></a><br><br>

Hi guys,

A very special thanks to everyone who posted positive comments about me in this thread.

As mentioned above... I agree that comparing myself with Boris or Jp is not a good comparison as the style of music that they play (for the most part) and the way that they play it is different from mine.

However, these guys are NYC legends, no doubt about that.

The numbers that they pull on a consistent basis for the years that they have is something that I truly respect and look up to. They are great in there craft and to have such a large number of loyal fans the way they do is something that I dream of having one day here in NYC.

I've been dj'ing since a very young age as I started dj'ing in 1989. While dj'ing has always been a passion of mine, it was always a hobby up until a few years ago.

The out of town / international gigs are always a lot of fun and I'm living a dream that far exceeds what I had envisioned in my youth.

All of the interest and support that I have from my fans is something that I truly appreciate.

See you all on the dance floor :)

Jason

http://www.JasonJollins.com

-

HOLY SHIT BRO!!! YOU FUCKING KILLED IT AT PACHA ON FRIDAY NIGHT...WAS MY FIRST TIME SEEING YOU LIVE BUT YOU DEF WON ME OVER...any chance you recorded that set and will put it up on your website?

HOLY SHIT BRO!!! YOU FUCKING KILLED IT AT PACHA ON FRIDAY NIGHT...WAS MY FIRST TIME SEEING YOU LIVE BUT YOU DEF WON ME OVER...any chance you recorded that set and will put it up on your website?

Thanks so much man, glad you liked the set :)

I unfortunately didn't record that set, but I should have a set soon from my recent gig at Pacha Buenos Aires.

I'll keep you updated for sure.

Thanks again!

Jason

-

For you guys that dont know there are a ton of unknown djs that play are create a vibe way better than alot of these big dj's.

This is true. However, I don't think djs like Francois or Matty Heilbronn or Nick Matar or Willie Graff should set sights on becoming the next Jonathan Peters or Boris. I think part of their appeal is that they steer clear of the big venues and more mainstream tracks. In my opinion, when music reaches commercial saturation, the penalty is a rapid decrease in creativity and uniqueness. :D

.....Without a doubt.....Dj Paul Perri.......he's a resident dj at Columbus 72....newly renovated club in manhatten......come check him out at friday....

De Ja Vu Fridays......not a party to miss......Hard Tribal/Vocals/....

super producer/dj/ paul perri......for mix cds....contact his Manager.....Phil Zangara......

• 2 weeks later...
Also, I think it's hilarious that a nobody such as yourself would go and talk shit about JP. He's not my favorite by any means, but you'd be lucky to ever have 1% of the success that he has had.

Agreed, this kid started dj'ing 3 month ago and he is already talking about being more successful than JP, lolol