Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Food, Restaurants, and Drinks thread

cookie6

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was psyched to see a thread dedicated to food and restaurants.... until I read it and half of it was about the Cheesecake Factory :puke:

I just had a huge plate of fried clams, french fries and onion rings from Cafe Escadrille... fantastic but damn that was a lot of friend food.

I've been on a big cooking kick recently too. A couple of nights ago I made Salmon glazed with a sweet Asian sauce, some Mango Salsa and some portabello mushrooms cooked in a wine sauce. It was money, I modified these recipes and went to town...

Salmon: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/5908

Salsa: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/103886

I've made a couple of mango salsas and this one blew them away. Cilantro is key, best herb ever!

i had mango salsa today at this plce in malibu called La Salsa - some chain here in Cali, mmmmm

"ill take the mango salsa with roast duck"

sorry couldnt resist

...i love friend food...and i'm a huge fan of mango salsa...good pick...think i'm doing classic chicken marsala tomorrow night with some wild rice and asparagus...dont quote me on it...

i picture you sitting at home, cooking and eating this at home with a little folding chair in front of your reclining chair. the remote by your side along with a glass of wine watching tv

Cheesecake Factory blows donkey cock! They have absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. There are a few dozen mom and pop bakeries in NYC that make better cheesecake!

In Miami, I'll take Azul at the Mandarin Oriental, Emeril's at The Loews, Capital Grill, Smith & Wollensky and Joe's Stone Crabs. :D

S&W sucks...they get like 8th dibs on the meat sold in NY....u should come to NY and eat @ Lugers....thats real shit ..

capital grille is pretty good...ive eaten in the philly and NY ones..def would try it in miami

i picture you sitting at home, cooking and eating this at home with a little folding chair in front of your reclining chair. the remote by your side along with a glass of wine watching tv

...way off...lol...but i give you props for imagination...

My dinner last night was a fantastic makeshift dinner I prepared for myself. It was a little bit dryer than it should have been but otherwise it was so very good. It was one of those things I used to do on a whim, without any recipe or preparation, and just winged together a most amazing chicken and kitchen sink omelette. It was my own recipe and I should have written it down.

First, some vegetable oil in the pan.

Then, several slices of chicken meat right off the cooked bird I had bought a few nights ago. A chicken, that is. But not thin slices, no, thick chunks an inch or so long and a quarter thick. And several thinner slices too.

Then, 3 eggs.

A light sprinkling of Montreal Steak Seasoning.

A medium sprinkling of bacon bits (the one thing I regret adding, on principle).

A heavy sprinkling of oregano.

Another egg, because 3 weren't enough.

About 5 slices of cold cut meat--turkey and turkey-bolonga--broken up into pieces and mixed in.

4 slices of fat-free American cheese torn into strips and melted in.

Several crinkle-cut Mt. Olives bread and butter-flavored pickle slices (has anyone else had these? They are the ish in delish.).

Mixed it all together...

And last of all, when done I scooped half onto a fat-free-butter sprayed matzah, and the other half onto a non-dietary paper plate and enjoyed it all immensely. Even the plate.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

My dinner last night was a fantastic makeshift dinner I prepared for myself. It was a little bit dryer than it should have been but otherwise it was so very good. It was one of those things I used to do on a whim, without any recipe or preparation, and just winged together a most amazing chicken and kitchen sink omelette. It was my own recipe and I should have written it down.

First, some vegetable oil in the pan.

You should have used olive oil instead of vegetable oil. :D

i watched the food network on the plane back to ny today and i like that show Gilda's something or other, food looked delicious ....she was preparing northern italian and sicilian food. picked up some good tips.

that english bird on the food network - niggela or whatever her name is - threw me off with the camera angles on that show and she wasn't even washing her hands and was ripping off peices of ham. Then the whole meal of glazed ham, vegetables and bread was made for children. why prepare a huge elaborate gourmet meal for like 8 year olds?