Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Finding House music... avoiding hip-hop

stillrollin

headed out to Vegas in a couple weeks and just trying to get some tips as to the best clubs, bars, lounges, etc. for STRICTLY house music...

coming in on a Saturday, and departing on a tuesday.

What is the best "club" for strictly house, electro, progressive on Saturday night? And, what lounges, bars, etc. play house music on Sunday and Monday nights?

Thanks in advance to all who reply with helpful info....

:beer:

Jet has a house room that goes off everynight they are open. That is the only dedicated house room in Las Vegas that is not afterhours.

Tao Lounge level plays house but its not all night. They play hip hop then house for about an hour and a half or two hours then back to hip hop.

The house scene has changed a lot over the years here in Las Vegas. I guess the more the drugs go out the window the less house music...lolololol...

Jet has a house room that goes off everynight they are open. That is the only dedicated house room in Las Vegas that is not afterhours.

Tao Lounge level plays house but its not all night. They play hip hop then house for about an hour and a half or two hours then back to hip hop.

The house scene has changed a lot over the years here in Las Vegas. I guess the more the drugs go out the window the less house music...lolololol...

Thanks, epope!!

I understand what you're saying about the "house scene". Seems it's the same just about everywhere but Miami anymore. We've outgrown the drug use, but the house music remains what we like to dance to.

Do you, or anybody, know anything about Tabu? Some of my internet research seems to make me think that Tabu might be a nice place to hang out and hear some house music on a Saturday night...

Agree with Epope that it's the best pure house room on the Strip for "primetime" club hours (10p-4a).

Revolution Lounge at Mirage has been pulling in some very big-name house DJs this summer for Sunday nights. I haven't been there yet so can't immediately recommend it... what I can say is that on Sunday it'll be worth it to tip a host at Body English to get you access to The Parlor. Great music, great crowd, amazing vibe.

On Monday I recommend going to Jet again, although if you already hit up Jet and want a different venue then Foundation will be a solid choice. Better yet... do both! Go to Foundation early, then pop up to Jet around 1-2a.

Personally I think that for the house music fan your best bet is to adjust your sleep patterns dramatically. Catch your ZZZs from 6p-2a, hit the afterhours spots starting around 3a, grab breakfast at 9a and relax by the pool. Repeat.

For afterhours, I've always been a HUGE fan of Drai's. As a house music lover you definitely need to get there at least once. If you do end up doing a few nights of afterhours and want different venues, Empire is a great option as well, especially if they get a headliner in (which they haven't done for a while).

Shame you're not around on a Friday night, because you'd probably love Reson8 up at Icehouse.

Finally, a lot of people tend to overlook Mix, at THEhotel in Mandalay. It's a killer lounge with a rooftop view that's second only to that of Foundation Room, they always play house music, it's a great relaxed vibe, no cover before 10pm (they open at 7 or 8, I think)... basically a kickass pre-party spot, in my opinion.

Here's a Sat-Sun-Mon breakdown for ya of spots/rooms that are house-only

* indicates afterhours, i.e. 3am and beyond

Saturday:

Jet house room (Mirage) <-- RECOMMENDED

Mix Lounge (THEhotel at Mandalay)

Pure roof deck (Caesar's)

Tangerine patio (TI)

The Downtown Lounge (in Old Downtown, at Las Vegas Blvd & Fremont)

* Drai's <-- RECOMMENDED

* Empire

Sunday:

Body English Parlor <-- RECOMMENDED

Revolution Lounge (Mirage)

* Drai's <-- RECOMMENDED

* Seamless

Monday:

Foundation Room house room (Mandalay)

* Seamless

i'd personally say go to Revolution over the Parlor on sundays. for me the Parlor is waaay to small and fills up quickly with little space to dance. Jack plays good tunes there though.

last couple of times i've been to Mix, the music was more hip hop oriented.

Agree with Epope that it's the best pure house room on the Strip for "primetime" club hours (10p-4a).

Revolution Lounge at Mirage has been pulling in some very big-name house DJs this summer for Sunday nights. I haven't been there yet so can't immediately recommend it... what I can say is that on Sunday it'll be worth it to tip a host at Body English to get you access to The Parlor. Great music, great crowd, amazing vibe.

On Monday I recommend going to Jet again, although if you already hit up Jet and want a different venue then Foundation will be a solid choice. Better yet... do both! Go to Foundation early, then pop up to Jet around 1-2a.

Personally I think that for the house music fan your best bet is to adjust your sleep patterns dramatically. Catch your ZZZs from 6p-2a, hit the afterhours spots starting around 3a, grab breakfast at 9a and relax by the pool. Repeat.

For afterhours, I've always been a HUGE fan of Drai's. As a house music lover you definitely need to get there at least once. If you do end up doing a few nights of afterhours and want different venues, Empire is a great option as well, especially if they get a headliner in (which they haven't done for a while).

Shame you're not around on a Friday night, because you'd probably love Reson8 up at Icehouse.

Finally, a lot of people tend to overlook Mix, at THEhotel in Mandalay. It's a killer lounge with a rooftop view that's second only to that of Foundation Room, they always play house music, it's a great relaxed vibe, no cover before 10pm (they open at 7 or 8, I think)... basically a kickass pre-party spot, in my opinion.

Saturday:

Tangerine patio (TI)

* Drai's <-- RECOMMENDED

* Empire

Sunday:

* Drai's <-- RECOMMENDED

* Seamless

Monday:

* Seamless

THANK YOU greenie!!!! This is EXACTLY what we were looking for!!! Suffice it to say, your time and effort is truly appreciated and you are a real credit to clubplanet...

:clap2::beer::clap2:

cool1g -- appreciate the input... we were actually leaning towards checking out Revolution on Sunday night anyway, assuming we have any leftover energy after Rehab at HRC.

Tabu might not be a bad idea. I walked by a couple times over MDW and the beats were pumping and there was always a long line. Might be worth a shot for a lounge. I'm going to check it out next time.

The roof top terrace at Caesars is pretty cool. Might want to get a table though. It was so packed I could barlely move without bumping into people. Then again it was MDW.

Jet is cool but the house music room was kinda small. Still worth checking out imo.

Empire, Def my fav spot for afterhours. Plenty of room and a cool outdoor roof deck with a dj.

Checked out Mix, the view alone is worth it. Although they were playing all hip hop when I was there.

If all else fails...get really drunk and you wont remember the music anyway!

This is the most house music Vegas has ever seen. Its not always the best house music nor always the best parties, but this is by far the most amount of house music parties and djs people in Vegas have ever had to choose from. Every month, there is another club trying to jump on the house music bandwagon. Every week there are a few known djs in town. Problem is most clubs in Vegas dont have the proper systems & rooms for it, yet they still book all kinds of djs. And NOBODY tries doing a house music main room event on a Saturday night. Nobody has had the balls yet, besides ICE (except for empire and drais which are afterhours).

This is the most house music Vegas has ever seen. Its not always the best house music nor always the best parties, but this is by far the most amount of house music parties and djs people in Vegas have ever had to choose from. Every month, there is another club trying to jump on the house music bandwagon. Every week there are a few known djs in town. Problem is most clubs in Vegas dont have the proper systems & rooms for it, yet they still book all kinds of djs. And NOBODY tries doing a house music main room event on a Saturday night. Nobody has had the balls yet, besides ICE (except for empire and drais which are afterhours).

The strip isn't Vegas... other things are going on... with some culture even... there is life beyond the strip!!!

Some of the best club nights in the nation do not have "the proper systems and rooms for it"

YOu don't need to have a mega club with funktion one sound to have a proper night.

11-3ish... Its got the best house music for sure... If you are looking for quality music and good local vibe this is the easy choice.. and its not that far from the strip... decatur and spring mt.

I like the idea... The only challenge being the fact that I'll throw out the options, and let the little lady read this thread, and we'll make a choice together.

If she wants to stay on the strip somewhere, it'll be Jet. If she's down for checking out the local vibe... then we'll head over to that party.

Thanks again for bringing it to our attention. MUCH appreciated.

Thanks, epope!!

I understand what you're saying about the "house scene". Seems it's the same just about everywhere but Miami anymore. We've outgrown the drug use, but the house music remains what we like to dance to..

Then your gonna have to visit L.A. dude, I never have to think about where I am going out and that's how it goes EVERY weekend. There is at least 2 clubs that I can think of off the top of my head that just dedicate themselves to "House" music, check out Deep, and I think the other one is King King. And thats without being a "House" fan..

But I will agree with epope, and also recommend Jet...Their house room and staff are wonderful, I had the most excellent time there courtesy of epope and his staff/friends (aka Raul) last time I was in town :)

headed out to Vegas in a couple weeks and just trying to get some tips as to the best clubs, bars, lounges, etc. for STRICTLY house music...

coming in on a Saturday, and departing on a tuesday.

What is the best "club" for strictly house, electro, progressive on Saturday night? And, what lounges, bars, etc. play house music on Sunday and Monday nights?

Thanks in advance to all who reply with helpful info....

:beer:

the only good house places in las vegas are,empire ballroom & drais.

as for hip hop there are only two in town,john doe at the get back & slide sundays in side the mgm grand..those would be the only to hip hop places so you wouldnt want to go there.good luck...

mr freeze

rock steady crew

• 3 weeks later...
the only good house places in las vegas are,empire ballroom & drais.

as for hip hop there are only two in town,john doe at the get back & slide sundays in side the mgm grand..those would be the only to hip hop places so you wouldnt want to go there.good luck...

mr freeze

rock steady crew

Negative ghost rider... Drais blows.. Empire, Jet on occasion, Barcode and Soulkitchen @ The Red Room are where quality house music is played

• 4 weeks later...
MAJOR props to greenie for the full-on rundown of what & where it is... Plus, now there's even info as to where "not to go"!!!

THIRDED! This should really become a sticky, and be updated as nights and venues shift. Contrary to what some will say, there ARE plenty of us who will go out of our way to AVOID the all-hip-hop "OMG PARTY BAR" venues. This list is a great start!

Saturday:

Tangerine patio (TI)

* Drai's <-- RECOMMENDED

* Empire

Sunday:

* Drai's <-- RECOMMENDED

* Seamless

Monday:

* Seamless

Greenie, thanks for the info. Can you also provide some recommendations for Thurs/Fri?

I'm coming down with a bach party crew 9/20-23 and had planned on hooking up a table on the Pure Terrace for Fri night, but am maybe thinking we might want to try Jet instead. But I've never been so don't know what the vibe is like and what would be the better choice.

Also any suggestions for Thurs night? We're staying at the Palms and were probably going to stick with Moon/Ghost Bar even though it's mostly hip hop. Didn't think we had any house choices that night until afterhours.

Thanks for the add'l insight!