Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mezmor becoming twilo and TUNNEL every week

Any way this is a great idea, I miss the tunnel it was a hot spot, i used to love the scene of peter gaition and his clubs they were all that you could ask for in a club... good music a great light system and great atmosphere.. That is what is up......

NOT TO FORGET THE LIMELIGHT and PLAIDUM?

God what nights those were

I WANT TO HEAR FEED BACK ON THIS ? ANY ONE REMEMBER THOSE DAYS....... I know I do >>!!!>>!>!>!>!>!>!>!>!>!>!>!>!>>!!>>!

later,

MIke

dose of reality

I've been saying this for quite some time...this is going to be huge. When my industry source told me about this I was taken over by so many great emotions. So many great memories from those places. STUDIO MEZMORE aka the new TWILO/TUNNEL is going to be the biggest thing the NYC dance scene has seen in a long time. I should have some more details in the upcoming weeks.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC!!!! :bounce:

Sorry about all the posts on the same topic, my browser got all fucked up last night.... Well I hope this brings the scene back, I love Pacha and all but it would be nice to see a old school vibe in the right place and I think the New Mezmor is going to be the shit......

Mike

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DOSE OF REALITY........

What would this do to make New York City nightlife better? I think its a cool idea but I hate that venue. You could fit 2 crobars in the tunnel. Theres no place to sit unless you get bottle service. I loved the days of Tunnel/Twilo even the sound factory before Twilo but changing the name to me will never bring back those memories. In fact I think its an insult. UNLESS, they play the music there from that era, and put a half pipe in there (like in tunnel in 95) and really make it good. The problem I see in NY and this is only my opinion, is that greed is blatantly out in the open. Clubs have changed drastically since those days and I truly miss the respect and lengths Peters clubs used to go through for a good party. Well Twilo is not one of his clubs but it was great in its ownright. Maybe Im just getting older now :)

Hey I feel you there, lets see what happens... I will give it some time and we will see? I wonder if there was ever a thought od people trying to re-open the tunnel? I its a some kind of hall now but the idea would be really great...

Mike

I loved the days of Tunnel/Twilo even the sound factory before Twilo but changing the name to me will never bring back those memories. In fact I think its an insult. UNLESS, they play the music there from that era, and put a half pipe in there (like in tunnel in 95) and really make it good. The problem I see in NY and this is only my opinion, is that greed is blatantly out in the open. Clubs have changed drastically since those days and I truly miss the respect and lengths Peters clubs used to go through for a good party. Well Twilo is not one of his clubs but it was great in its ownright. Maybe Im just getting older now :)

so true ^

Even if they built a scale model of twilo today the djs would still be playing that vibeless electro crap and the promoters those greedy fucks would still be sceaming to give the clubbers the least amount for there dollar. Back in 1998 when I started at the tunnel there was a look of innocence in peoples faces. You could really see people getting down who had no other objective besides dancing vibeing and just enjoying there time. In the modern clubs today there is a separation, haves get to be in the have area and the have nots are cramped up and uncomfortable which leads to a wack night out.

Good Venues need

Multiple Cold Water Fountains

Good Ventilation

Proper seating

Make fruits available (especially for those late late parties.. SF used to do this years ago)

Friendly and honest management (this goes from the owner down to the bus boys, you are running a business and should make your patrons feel welcomed)

Strict policy with drugs and other bull shit (this is the only way our scene will survive)

^^The problem with cold water fountains would be that people would get completely wasted and eventually use that as a place to throw since the line at the bathroom may be too long. Although the line at the bar may possibly (very unlikely) be as long, you should be able to get a glass of tap water, even if it comes in a plastic cup, for FREE! That way its hygenic and clean as opposed to a vomit filled water fountain.

Other than this, I def. agree with all your other points.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for not giving any new feed back the past few weeks but there were some minor issues with permits. things seem to be back on track and coming along great. the new TWILO/TUNNEL has some great talent lined up for the first month with tons of oldschool special guest. there should be some flyers available with more info in the upcoming weeks so keep your eyes out for them.

:party:

What would this do to make New York City nightlife better? I think its a cool idea but I hate that venue. You could fit 2 crobars in the tunnel. Theres no place to sit unless you get bottle service. I loved the days of Tunnel/Twilo even the sound factory before Twilo but changing the name to me will never bring back those memories. In fact I think its an insult. UNLESS, they play the music there from that era, and put a half pipe in there (like in tunnel in 95) and really make it good. The problem I see in NY and this is only my opinion, is that greed is blatantly out in the open. Clubs have changed drastically since those days and I truly miss the respect and lengths Peters clubs used to go through for a good party. Well Twilo is not one of his clubs but it was great in its ownright. Maybe Im just getting older now :)

I agree with you it doesnt' seem clubs are willing to build a great party. I think its difficult to build a long term party anymore. The NYPD and Co. also seem to ahve screwed up the whole nightlife scene. We can blame that mostly on Guiliani. I think these guys need to go out get drunk, drop a pill or do a bump of something. It seems they forgot what it was like to have fun when they were younger.

I agree with you it doesnt' seem clubs are willing to build a great party. I think its difficult to build a long term party anymore. The NYPD and Co. also seem to ahve screwed up the whole nightlife scene. We can blame that mostly on Guiliani. I think these guys need to go out get drunk, drop a pill or do a bump of something. It seems they forgot what it was like to have fun when they were younger.

I was just reading through these posts and it makes me wonder about NYC. I still have never been to the city to party & quite frankly may not ever really get there for a couple more years. But I always hear about how great the scene is there so tell me... IS IT REALLY?

So far this thread has led me to believe that the problems with nightclubs is universal. I've been hosting parties in Washington, DC for a couple years now and everytime we find a new venue it's always the same story:

1) An owner wants to have the prettiest, most high class crowd

2) They want to bank off of bottle service

3) They get pissed if they don't

4) They want the dj's to play what THEY want to hear

5) They don't think twice about the music before booking the party to begin with which leads to drama at opening night

Sorry, but I think this is the dumbest idea EVER. You can't just slap a famous name on a club and think that everything else will just fall into place. Those places came along during a certain time and can't just be recreated. Times have changed...

Sorry, but I think this is the dumbest idea EVER. You can't just slap a famous name on a club and think that everything else will just fall into place. Those places came along during a certain time and can't just be recreated. Times have changed...
The people have changed as well,which is why the scene sucks and is made up of mostly tasteless bottle service venues which are mostly small and are full of snobs.Probably explains why almost all of the really good and talented DJs move to the markets in Europe and Canada mostly.New York use to have all that,but now...the people and most of the venues suck.Also,you have to hold the political shit-bags and NYPD accountable for the disastrous change to the scene.Even if this were to happen,it probably wouldn't last.You can blame the city legislation for that.

I've been saying this for quite some time...this is going to be huge. When my industry source told me about this I was taken over by so many great emotions. So many great memories from those places. STUDIO MEZMORE aka the new TWILO/TUNNEL is going to be the biggest thing the NYC dance scene has seen in a long time. I should have some more details in the upcoming weeks.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC!!!! :bounce:

???? Listen guy, i dunno where ur getting all ur info from. But it sounds like a bunch of bull..... I would believe this shit, even if i just moved to NYC...

It aint happenin anyway.If anything (from what I read in a couple of articles) the space will convert into mansion and if that happens,I doubt it will last,hopefully Im proven wrong,but in New York nowadays,Im can see the place having drama with the city a short while after it opens.If anyone has been paying attention to whats goin on around here,they know what Im talkin about.I just realized that club Spirit on 27th St has been closed or almost a full year,give or take another 3 weeks.Im sure that entire square block from 27th to 28th St is a ghost town right now.

parties have gone underground again. shitty parties full of guidos and jersey/long island crowds killed the scene. its better this way. let the guidos and clueless jersey/LI kids go to whatever they call this space...twilo, tunnel, whatever. they'll just think they're cool hanging in a place just cuz of the name. meanwhile, the parties they don't know about will be hoppin'.