Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Have you ever been abused by security?

sancib

I know that the vibe has been changing over the last year or so, people doing different drugs inspiring more aggressive behavior, the new influx of cultures that have made our scene "trendy", and "commercial". I also believe that these certain people have migrated thinking that girls on drugs are easy sexual prey, so here come the predators. Maybe this is why security guards feel they have to be so aggressive, maybe they fear for their lives?

On Sat. June 30th, me, my husband, my brother, and a girlfriend were leaving the Ferry Corsten event at Vanguard l.a., half way out my brother realized that he'd had too much to drink and back tracked it to the bathroom ( because as most civilized people if you can make to the toilet, and not vomit on the floor in front of people, or in a trash can, you do) my husband followed him to make sure he was o.k. So of coarse when the attendant heard the retching he called for security, the stalky brown haired, van damme wanna be enters and starts to bang on the door, that my husband is leaning on looking after my brother, and yells to get out!!, my husband tells him that they are leaving anyway, and that as soon as he is done they would be leaving. the security guard ignores my hubby and continues to bang and yell. My hub then says " hey relax, he is taking a shit as well as yaking, there is no need for this just give us a moment, we are leaving man" Well at this point security guard grabs him by the neck and drags him out of the bathroom to the right into the dark behind the bar, I think thats where the barbacks maybe come in and out of... shoves him up against the wall and puts a F**kin knife to his throat and tells him he'll kill him so dont f**k with him. hubby says "what are you gonna do man...kill me in a club?" he then tossed my hubby out of this area, hubby returned to bathroom got my brother and starts to walk out when he is again grabbed by the neck handed security to security out of the door. WTF man!!! we are the last people that need that. We have gone to that club soo many times and done table/bottle so many times. That shyt was out of control. I am so enraged over this.. I have emailed Dave Dean, The vanguard, and the Hollywood nightclub association. The only reason we did not file a police report is because my hubby feared retaliation, seeing as all my info. is tied in with the club. Booo on these god complex, ego trippin, bully mofo's.

And I just wondered if this has happend to anyone else?

unfortunately i think this is a regular occurance at clubs all over the country. people do act up in clubs and need to be thrown out. from doing so, i think these meatheads develop an ego and a sense of power that they take advantage of. i think of it like a cop. they thrive on having some type of authoriy and end up abusing innocent people. its sad really that they are so unintelligent. people end up being scared of them when you are supposed 2 look 4 them 4 protection. idiots.

It is unfortunate, because although I have spoken to many people involved, and they have appologized profusely, which is refreshing, I dont feel safe going there anymore... We are the kind of people you want at a club, nice, full of energy, approachable, and like to spend money, not to mention that there is always at least 4 of us fun makers :)

These dudes should have routine debriefing reguarding the stress of their jobs, then maybe they wouldnt jeopardize good business.

god, sanci, i just got chills 00009171_2.gif . that's awful. it kinda sounds like the knife-wielding security guard was on something; being so paranoid about someone who's puking or taking care of a puking friend doesn't make sense. people are entirely harmless when they're vomiting!!!

and you're right: you and your posse are the ideal patrons. you're fun, create a great vibe, and are totally non-threatening. i don't get how some juiced-up moron would go after your husband unless he had been in a roid rage, on a mad power trip, or thought he'd just try to play a little game with someone who looked like he wouldn't counterattack with a knife. but no matter what reason, he was not in his right mind.

i only saw security get violent once, at a rave, and here's the story on that one, as it was told to me by other people there:

a girl was ripping people at the party off, selling bunk e. a partygoer ran up behind her and tackled her, which looked like plain-old assault, so security promptly removed the guy, with force. but what would the guy have said in his defense? "she was selling fake e"? i guess she was stealing money, if you think about it, but it would've meant that a lot of people at that party were looking for drugs (as if security wouldn't've known, but you know what i mean).

what happened to you scares me and there's no excuse for it :shake: . and i'll say it: that never would've happened at spundae :nono: .

I've had nothing but bad experiences with the security at Vanguard. Nothing as extreme as what happened to you, but enough for me to never go back there again. The last time I was there, I was hanging out with my friends who had reserved a table. I was out dancing when the lights came on at the end of the night. So I walked back to the table to go get my jacket, which was at the table slightly behind the DJ stage, next to the outside stairs. Well when I got there, a ring of security guys was standing in front of the DJ stage, telling everyone to go home. I told the one security guy closest to the table that I needed to get my jacket, which was right behind him. Literally, it was 3 feet behind him. The guy tells me I can't go back there. I told him if he just turned his head for a second, he would see the jacket. The security guy refused, and then told me that my friend had my jacket (how the hell did he know that?). So I call my friend, who tells me she doesn't have my jacket. So I have to go convince another security guy to let me walk like 3 feet to get my jacket. That was so ridiculous!

Anyways, if you want awesome security, go to Avalon. Everyone there is really cool. On some nights, the security people are the coolest ones there. ;)

what's up lalate???

check out cinespace on the weekends, my ex is spinning there on the reg i believe

hey babydoll. how you been? thats coo. I CANT do Cinespace anymore lol because it wont compare to two years ago. We had our own major sized booth, all my friends would roll into it for free with me, 3 bottles, and I would just holla to any hottie to join me in their. It was great times. It only went down a few weeks but my god, the stuff that went down in that simple spot - scandaluuus.

Anyways, if you want awesome security, go to Avalon. Everyone there is really cool. On some nights, the security people are the coolest ones there. ;)

And that my friend is sad as well, that the security are the coolest peeps at a club. Only on a very few nights have I found the crowd at Avalon positive. I agree that security is not an issue there. But I like the crowd at Vanguard more often than not, maybe they should hire Avalons' security...

wow. sorry to hear that.

was this bouncer a guy about 5'8" maybe? he damn near blew a gasket one time when i had a handful of VIP bracelets. said he thought i was going to sell them outside and that was going to cause a problem. WTF???!!!???!!!

other than that i've never had any problems there but they can be too serious at Vanguard. but i think part of that goes back to January when one of the bouncers was shot and killed there, so they have a low level for anyone that they think (righfully or not) is giving them a problem.

wow. sorry to hear that.

was this bouncer a guy about 5'8" maybe? he damn near blew a gasket one time when i had a handful of VIP bracelets. said he thought i was going to sell them outside and that was going to cause a problem. WTF???!!!???!!!

He was stocky, brown hair, usually does security by the bathrooms, my hub said he looked like a Van Damme wanna be.

And yeah, I feel bad that happend too, because we wont be able to ever go back there. As for the other security guys, Sergio, and Mondo always took really good care of us, kept us safe. They knew we were really there just to party, not cause trouble. For example, during the Diggers/Mstrkrft show, there was a hideous fight at the table next to ours, the guy kicked another guy in the head!! Mondo came and hung out with us the rest of the night. It really made me feel safe, and we had a great time.

sigh...oh well. :(

...other than that i've never had any problems there but they can be too serious at Vanguard. but i think part of that goes back to January when one of the bouncers was shot and killed there, so they have a low level for anyone that they think (righfully or not) is giving them a problem.
holy crap :eek: !!! how did i not hear about that?

hey babydoll. how you been? thats coo. I CANT do Cinespace anymore lol because it wont compare to two years ago. We had our own major sized booth, all my friends would roll into it for free with me, 3 bottles, and I would just holla to any hottie to join me in their. It was great times. It only went down a few weeks but my god, the stuff that went down in that simple spot - scandaluuus.

what up, nice to hear from u....yeah so cinespace was better back in the day? lol. i heard the dim mak party on tues is good with steve aoki and dj am, what do u think??? if i come out to la in october (which might happen) im def going to check that out i think.

• 2 weeks later...
holy crap :eek: !!! how did i not hear about that?

Yeah, from the way I hear it, it happend on a Friday, which is also a hip hop night. The dude actually made it the fwy 101, before caught. That is some terrible shit. Hey does anyone remember how Spundae use to have the metal detector you had to go through upon entrance to the club, if things are getting that out of control, then maybe more clubs should encorporate them for everyones safety. Cause mofo's have got to chill out.

Yeah, from the way I hear it, it happend on a Friday, which is also a hip hop night. The dude actually made it the fwy 101, before caught. That is some terrible shit. Hey does anyone remember how Spundae use to have the metal detector you had to go through upon entrance to the club, if things are getting that out of control, then maybe more clubs should encorporate them for everyones safety. Cause mofo's have got to chill out.
new york's security is a lot more hardcore than ours out here. i ALWAYS get frisked out there, and they get all up in my business. one time a security guard gave me the impression that she was just doing the job to get her rocks off, [albeit momentarily] if you know what i mean, and i'm talking downstairs :shake: .