Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why is it...?

Why is it so hard in a club to meet people? By this I mean meeting a girl who wants to chill and dance and relax and perhaps keep in touch afterwards?

So many girls in clubs seem real unapproachable. Like when you look at them and give off the "Do you wanna dance?" look they seem as if you have the freakin plague.

My friends say finding a girl to talk to after the night is over is impossible in a club. They tell me you don't meet girls to date in a club. But why not? If I'm there and a girl I like is there, then already you've got a common link, right?

I've met girls here and there, but they never seem to wanna keep in contact after the night's over...and the worst part is we exchange numbers and talk maybe once and they never call back.

Is it me, or does anyone else have similar thoughts?

------------------

Double-Down

• <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.geocities.com/doubledown_xtc"" TARGET=_blank>www.geocities.com/doubledown_xtc
    </A>
  • double-down@mad.scientist.com

It is not death if you refuse it...

The Crow (The original graphic novel)

Guys i totally agree, however for me its meeting guys, but from a girls point of view i think a lot of girls think that a lot of guys in clubs are scum no offense to you guys at all!!!! you know what i mean? but there are so many nice ones out there that i have met! but its true its so hard to keep in touch it seems!

------------------

Ravers don't fall...they trip and roll! hehe;)

Maybe it's practice (clubbing since '96) but now I have no problems at all meeting girls in clubs....the fact that I'm a certifiable party animal with some cool moves on the floor certainly helps wink.gif

Having said that since I've been clubbing more than going to bars means that my 'skillz' in bars has diminished! wink.gif

Just be confident, funny and cool (and be at least average looking) and you should have no worries at all biggrin.gif

xtckitkat

do u like guys with accents wink.gif

------------------

..................coming soon to a dancefloor near you------------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

My opinion you don't date any chick you meet in a club. If you have a girlfriend you don't take her out to the club with you. You go to the club with your boys to pick up ho- ho's

If you want to meet a nice girl to date, go hang out on the steps of the Metropolitan Museum of Art on 82nd and 5th. Mad fly honies be hanging out there. If they see you there they "THINK YOUR CULTURED" so you should definitely hook up. It's worked for me in the past. Your only other choice is the library or church. Don't knock church chicks some of them can be really freaky.

I dont like meeting guys in a club, because they all come accross as wanting one thing, they act like they cant control themselves and stare in the wrong places and worst of all when they try and grab u!! total turn off. And when a guy asks me to dance its cause he wants to get on the dance floor and then have his hands all over me, and i'm not into that. i cant get intimate with someone like that so quickly. Maybe if guys would stop always being so pushy and obnoxious,and start by just bringing up conversation and treating her with respect then maybe something could happen in return. it just seems like guys are out for SEX, and nothing else, which in turn pushes (most) girls away. whatever happen to friendship first?

-----------------

~Musix Is The Answer~ smile.gif

neptune, I actually have had conversations with girls in the club. But I definately think that the guys out there that turn girls off make it 30 times harder for guys like me who wouldn't mind meeting someone in the club.

------------------

Double-Down

• <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.geocities.com/doubledown_xtc"" TARGET=_blank>www.geocities.com/doubledown_xtc
    </A>

double down i feel the same way on this topic.

i would like to get involved with someone i meet in a club because that's what i do every weekend.

but it never seems to go further than getting hot and heavy in the club, and maybe a few conversations.

i can't give you a reasonable answer why, because i don't get it myself.

i agree with you neptune, guys should try a better approach.

for example, on sat at the tunnel i met a very good looking man.

he approached me, asked me a few questions.

he danced by me, and slowly we started to get closer. before you knew it, things were getting pretty hot.

men should definitely use this same approach.

i can't stop thinking about this man, and hopefully something may develop(unlike past experiences)double cross your fingers for me.

we exchanged numbers and i've been dying to call him.

when should i call?

Guest crystalmethodny

I hear that...

Thats why I never ever go to a club to meet someone... its all about enjoying the music and dancing, prancin, groovin...

If something happens by chance, then let it be.

smile.gif

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

Crystal couldn't of said it any better......MUSIC...VIBE...AN if by chance u meet a person of the oppisite SeX, then it's CooL...but if u go to a club to meet someone, better off not goin at aLL.......MikeMc.

------------------

STRENGTH GUEST LIST

Tunnel Friday,Saturday...

For Reduced Admission or Comps call (201)-883-4242 or (201)-488-5305

Originally posted by dollabill25:

My opinion you don't date any chick you meet in a club. If you have a girlfriend you don't take her out to the club with you. You go to the club with your boys to pick up ho- ho's

Yea, I guess you have problems picking girls up at clubs too, huh? It's okay . . . just keep on trying. rolleyes.gif I bet you're one of those guys that grabs a girl's ass, tits, and what ever other body parts you can get your filthy hands on, right?

ANYWAY!!

I believe CM did say it best. Don't go into clubs expecting anything but just a good time. Go to enjoy the music and because you want to pick somebody up. Sometimes, the best things are things that happen unexpectedly.

BlueAngel

------------------

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."

- Burton Hills

Originally posted by dollabill25:

If you want to meet a nice girl to date, go hang out on the steps of the Metropolitan Museum of Art on 82nd and 5th. Mad fly honies be hanging out there. If they see you there they "THINK YOUR CULTURED" so you should definitely hook up. It's worked for me in the past. Your only other choice is the library or church. Don't knock church chicks some of them can be really freaky.

This is why us women won't meet guys in a club, b/c most of the time, we are thought to be "ho-ho's"

SO better not to bother at all. No offense to the few nice guys in the club, but you have to understand that women have to careful.

------------------

Din Da Da

How about next time you go to a club, from my point of view, check out the girl, and make sure she knows you are checking her out. Not by coming over to her an groping... Like look at her.. you know. If you get an response, then go on over and do your right moves. But when I have guys coming over to me saying do you want to dance, I see this guy coming out of no where and grabing me and of course I'm going to say no.. smile.gif

I think if everyone went to a club and just focused on the music, vibe and having a good time with friends, eventually your crowd will grow and you will meet someone cool to hang out with. If everyone is "on the prowl" it just ruins the chances for everyone because people will have their guard up all the time. Let's be realistic- by 5 am, 80% of the clubbers are pretty cracked out. The last thing anyone wants to deal with while CO'd is a guy who just wants to "get a little". The last thing anyone wants to worry about while rolling is ANYTHING AT ALL but enjoying their time at the club. When I first started hitting Sasha and Digweed, I had a crowd of 6 or 7 people who would show everytime. Now we have like 30 or 40 people we chill with every time we go and I've met some of the most fun, interesting people I've ever met in my life. Peace!

true- most guys i've met in clubs are looking to hook up... and once you've done that a couple of times, you don't want to go back there again. however, i have made some really good friends in clubs... guys i've had relationships with and girls who i just became friends with- usually they're the people i meet and talk to one night and run into a few times afterward. it does happen. your best bet- if you do meet someone at a club arrange to meet up at another club soon afterward. some people are just too freaky to bring to the outside world... just a tip from experience.

Its not about practice or meeting the wrong people or girls being stuck up. Its all about being yourself, going out and having a great time. If the vibe at the club is good, you'll meet the right people and maybe find that special someone that you can have a relationship with. Just remember, everyone wants to have a good time when they go out. Don't plan or expect anything to happen, just let whatever happens, happen. (Does that make sense?).

<<<PEACE>>>

------------------

"Get busy living or get busy dying."

I'm all for meeting new people at clubs. I don't go with any preconceptions of meeting a hot guy or anything. I got past that stage. Most of those guy anyway would rather talk to a chick wearing pratically nothing and her boobs hanging out (I have nothing against) rather than someone that is a little more conservatively dressed and can actually hold a conversation. I haven't given up on the idea of meeting a nice guy to hang out with and see where it goes from there, but it hasn't happened in a long time...Oh well, if all else fails I guess supergreg will be getting a call from me smile.gif

------------------

Tutto e possibile!

Hey I get girls always coming up to me to see if I had bumps of K and E...It's such a huge turn off. I rarely meet any girls at clubs. Ones I try to meet are usually cracked out already, or being bitchty 'cause they think every guy goes up to them is an asshole. It sux... frown.gif

Girls flock toward me...I'm a nice and sweet guy. blush.gif

------------------

" I'm still here, I just abandoned my body....."

shadowchaser076@aol.com

Well Blueangel I do have to say that I don't grab and grope any girl. See....I have this attachment to my teeth...I wouldn't want them knocked out if I did grab abd grope.

I'm not trying to say I'm the nicest guy out there, but I definately feel like if I do "think" I may meet someone, my chances are shot to hell because most of the women in the club have had enough of the rude guys hitting on them and are to frustrated to give a guy like me a chance.

------------------

Double-Down

</A>

Glow~Congrats on meeting someone you like, hope it works out for you biggrin.gif. If he hasn't called you by Thursday, call him, see what he's up to for the weekend.

Double~I'd have to agree, most girls are so frustrated and turned off by how a large % of the guys act in clubs when hitting on them. So we don't go to a club expecting to meet a nice guy...like Steve said, the best thing to do is to go and have fun with your friends. But if you spot someone you like...have your friends talk to her friends, all dance together, just make sure she knows you want to have fun and not necessarily hook up that night. Good luck smile.gif.

------------------

=)