Clubplanet Nightlife Community

When is Crobar or Mansion going to opend NYc 2008-2010

Any info when these two nightclubs going to opned in NYc. Im getting tired of always going to Pacha for Housemusic. I hate webster Hall and Avalon is a joke. It doesnt know if it wants to be a hip hop club or dance music venue and Webster Hall a clubs that clueless on being a world class dance venue and dance music and Dj.

I stopped by 28th street on NYE..... the head bouncer said sometime around February for Mansion. They had a trial party on NYE that they said was "sucking inside". The good news is, that monster of a system will stay the same.

No news on the new Crobar space though. :-(

And like everyone else on this page...... I too am tired of Pacha already. It's too fucking small. And they really fucked up the flow of that place. Where did the glass staircase that took you up to the top floor go? Why cant I take a walk on the catwalk that goes around the dance floor? Should have left it the way SF designed it. VIP shit doesnt belong in House music Clubs!!!!

yeah but who cares when they open? Pacha has every DJ that anyone in NY will want to go see.

Mansion will do upscale hiphop, book DJ AM and Riz a slew of times, then people like Tiesto, who wouldnt spin at Pacha anyway....

so who cares?

I'm a little confused. What space is Mansion supposed to be opening up in? I thought that was supposed to be what Crobar/Studio Mezmor was?

On another note, what's the deal with Terminal 5 where Exit used to be? Are they ever going to have club nights or is it just gonna remain a concert hall?

NYC is in serious need of another large club because PACHA SUCKS! they never bring any new talent in its always the same CRAP every month....jp, calderone, boris...over and over again. You all h ave to admit when crobar was open they did an awsome job bringing in different dj's and frankly that is not the case anymore... it just pisses me off how pacha has F'd up by being greedy and bringing in the same music over and over again. Hopefully mansion will add some spice to this boring city

NYC is in serious need of another large club PACHA never brings any new talent in its always the same every month....jp, calderone, boris...over and over again. You all h ave to admit when crobar was open they did an awsome job bringing in different dj's and frankly that is not the case anymore... bringing in the same music over and over again. Hopefully mansion will add some spice to this boring city

I have to say the person is on point with that comment. I edited the quote a little. If it wasn't for Friday nights PACHA would be very bland.

Pacha bring in more diverse dj talent and sounds. The tribal djs are kicking but it's getting kinda stale.

icon14.gif

NYC is in serious need of another large club because PACHA SUCKS! they never bring any new talent in its always the same CRAP every month....jp, calderone, boris...over and over again. You all h ave to admit when crobar was open they did an awsome job bringing in different dj's and frankly that is not the case anymore... it just pisses me off how pacha has F'd up by being greedy and bringing in the same music over and over again. Hopefully mansion will add some spice to this boring city

LOL are u kidding me???

look at who they've had there in the past,

Digweed, Boris, Calderone, JP, Erick Morillo, Roger Sanchez, Oscar G, DJ Theo, Cevin Fisher, Derrick May (this weekend - a legend), Sander Kleinenberg, Ferry Corsten, AVB, DJ Vibe, Richie & Peter, the Made in Brazil DJs, Chus & Ceballos, Superchumbo, Josh Wink, Carl Cox, David Guetta, Pete Tong, Gabriel & Dresden, Robbie Rivera, Exacta, Funkagenda, Sarah Main, Angel Linde, Pete Heller, Jeff Mills, Speedy J & Chris Liebing, Armand Van Helden, Lee Burridge & James Holden, Richie Hawtin, Danny Howells, Junior Vasquez, Dubfire, Paolo Mojo, James Zabiela, Nic Fanciulli, Behrouz, FRANKIE KNUCKLES, LOUIE VEGA, Martinez Brothers, Eric Prydz, Danny Tenaglia...

how are you gunna say they have crap bookings, and the same stuff over and over again, go on other nights rather than just Saturdays amateur...

theres alot more music than the NY guido DJs chief.

Ignorant statement

LOL are u kidding me???

look at who they've had there in the past,

Digweed, Boris, Calderone, JP, Erick Morillo, Roger Sanchez, Oscar G, DJ Theo, Cevin Fisher, Derrick May (this weekend - a legend), Sander Kleinenberg, Ferry Corsten, AVB, DJ Vibe, Richie & Peter, the Made in Brazil DJs, Chus & Ceballos, Superchumbo, Josh Wink, Carl Cox, David Guetta, Pete Tong, Gabriel & Dresden, Robbie Rivera, Exacta, Funkagenda, Sarah Main, Angel Linde, Pete Heller, Jeff Mills, Speedy J & Chris Liebing, Armand Van Helden, Lee Burridge & James Holden, Richie Hawtin, Danny Howells, Junior Vasquez, Dubfire, Paolo Mojo, James Zabiela, Nic Fanciulli, Behrouz, FRANKIE KNUCKLES, LOUIE VEGA, Martinez Brothers, Eric Prydz, Danny Tenaglia...

how are you gunna say they have crap bookings, and the same stuff over and over again, go on other nights rather than just Saturdays amateur...

theres alot more music than the NY guido DJs chief.

Ignorant statement

agreed. Pacha does bring in some good DJ's, it's just that it's nothing like it was when it was SF. It doesn't suck, it's just not like it used to be. Way too much VIP going on in there and the cover charge is usually the biggest rip-off if you don't order advance tickets online. I actually paid $40 to get in there one night and it was only midnight.

Does anyone out there think PACHA messed up that room the same way Spirit fucked up the old Twilo space on 27th street. Thats one of the points that Rob Fernandez made when they aquired the space on 46th street. He didnt want to change it around soooo much that it was unrecognizable.... the way Spirit did to the space on 27th street. Let's hope MANSION doesnt do the same to 28th strret..... Just a thought.

agreed. Pacha does bring in some good DJ's, it's just that it's nothing like it was when it was SF. It doesn't suck, it's just not like it used to be. Way too much VIP going on in there and the cover charge is usually the biggest rip-off if you don't order advance tickets online. I actually paid $40 to get in there one night and it was only midnight.

oh god, get over it, SF is over, its tired. its been done, its a different city, scene is different, people are different, SF will never be again, accept it and move on.

Pacha is about joining the VIPs and the regular clubbers. Clubbing is a business, remember that Pedro.

oh god, get over it, SF is over, its tired. its been done, its a different city, scene is different, people are different, SF will never be again, accept it and move on.

Pacha is about joining the VIPs and the regular clubbers. Clubbing is a business, remember that Pedro.

I mean, alright, relax....just giving my opinion.

Who the hell is Pedro?

I hope ya do realize mansion is gonna be heavy with the vip bottle service. And not only have those names played PACHA, but pacha has helped lots of great local talent build their own parties and grow as well.

And while pacha does bring in talent from all over the world and musical styles, it residents are their for a reason as well, THEY DRAW NUMBERS AND HAVE FOLLOWINGS,etc.

As I try to recall, I think Crobar NY with some of its goofy staff was a very cool venue,

it would be great if they open again, and at a space maybe somewhere on the East side( east village, lower east side, tribeca for a change, since most of the clubs seem to be on the west side...

Thanks for the Info. I am going this Sat night for Boris. Besides Pacha I go to Asserteria Party Sunday night. I would like Space Miami to opened up in NYc. I thought Space or Crobar would take over Exit. Some rock promoter turned it into rock concert venue. Wasted space for rock music like Avalon club playing hip hop music on the main floor.

• 2 weeks later...

After being directed to this site and reading this thread, I felt the need to give some of my intelligent.... thoughts.

Let's just say I am "logically speaking" when I say this below.

If any of you know about the Opium Group, they are a super monster. During the week, they have themed parties at their venues down south (One of my favorites is lap dance Tuesdays, highly suggest you check it out if you get the opportunity to do so). With that said, Mansion in NY will have themed events during the week and probably split the venue with some hip/hop and house music... logically speaking.

Continuing on, the space will not exactly be like Pacha: It is bound to function on bottle service. I am certain that just like Marquee in New York, they would have tables on the dance floor to bring together the bottle drinkers and dancers. Logically speaking.

Although I myself have had the opportunity to run around Crobar back when it existed, I highly doubt any of it's old architecture will be still present. I loved Crobar with its tunnel and "dark and dirty" feel at points, but it sure seems like Mansion is pure glamour. And I think that the venue will look nothing like the Miami one, showing how OG really does scream originality. Logically speaking.

In terms of music, if you take a look at what they offer down in Miami, I am sure that is what they will be bringing here. And yes, big name hip-hop DJs, and I am sure performers such as rappers, dancers, singers, etc., etc. Since that is the way they do it down there, it should be no different up here in order to continue the praise of the OG name, right? Logically speaking.

Then, in terms of crowd… we'll see what happens during the week. I imagine a pretty tight door. Maybe one day will be a little "looser" than the others. But I am sure that the team probably hired a PR group that specializes in A-list celeberties/models/A-list promoters along with other individuals with an attractive exterior for a specific night… that is the way that many of the clubs down in Miami and here in New York are perceived to be like. Once again, just logically speaking.

I am sure in a short timeframe we will be seeing a lot of progress and the opening of this nightclub after all of this anticipation. I too, am waiting to see it already. You know the saying, time is money. I am sure Mansion will offer great entertainment with a mature sound and a diverse mix of DJs.

Maybe I'll speak to you all soon :).

--An old friend.

It really sucks that this is how Mansion is going to be. I think alot of people on here would agree that we dont go to "big room" clubs to hear hip hop and have table scattered all over the dance floor. Don't get me wrong, I love hip hop, but it's not what I go to a club to hear.

Watever happend to everything being about the music?

It really sucks that this is how Mansion is going to be. I think alot of people on here would agree that we dont go to "big room" clubs to hear hip hop and have table scattered all over the dance floor. Don't get me wrong, I love hip hop, but it's not what I go to a club to hear.

Watever happend to everything being about the music?

unfortunately, w property values, and the economy, being about the music doesnt pay the bills.

unfortunately, w property values, and the economy, being about the music doesnt pay the bills.
We can thank bloomberg and his dip-shit cronies for that, inflation can only raise it but so much, the city officials have been making it very hard to live and enjoy life in city,its even getting more expensive to drive in the city.

i am not going to the grand opening. When it does open the line is going to be so long. They going to have strict dress code and if they sell tickets its better get them early so you guaranteed to get in. NYPd problably going to shut down the block. The club up the block from Mansion mystique is shut down for renovations HMM?.Tiesto peformed at Mansion NYE 2008 Miami its on Yotube.