Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Keys to the Mansion

2008_mansionUD.jpgGet ready everyone, Mansion is set to open with a weekend full of Fashion Week parties to get your Chelsea nightclub juices flowing again. A Little Birdy provides a bit of intel, saying "seems fridays opening is by invite only....public opening feb 14..how romantic" Romantic indeed. UrbanDaddy provides some additional color, saying "The real show, however, goes down in the main room, dubbed The Grand Ballroom. To add a jolt of fun and spontaneity to the big bottle-box formula, random acts will be brought in from all corners of the globe for spontaneous send-ups. " Wow, random acts! We love it. Excuse while we go get in line for opening night.

More...

the only thing im concerned about is if any banging djs will be there.

Thats exactelly what I want to know, but looking at that pic and knowing

history of Mansion in Miami its just going to be another bottle service room.

I hope I am wrong.

p.s where is a dance floor? LOL

by looking at the photo, it looks like that is the main dance floor in crobar. tell me they ruined another great venue that needed a owner and a DJ. Please tell me that there is a dance floor? hope it isnt a lounge or like the other guy said bottle service. IS there a website?

Mike

2008_mansionUD.jpgGet ready everyone, Mansion is set to open with a weekend full of Fashion Week parties to get your Chelsea nightclub juices flowing again. A Little Birdy provides a bit of intel, saying "seems fridays opening is by invite only....public opening feb 14..how romantic" Romantic indeed. UrbanDaddy provides some additional color, saying "The real show, however, goes down in the main room, dubbed The Grand Ballroom. To add a jolt of fun and spontaneity to the big bottle-box formula, random acts will be brought in from all corners of the globe for spontaneous send-ups. " Wow, random acts! We love it. Excuse while we go get in line for opening night.

More...

Wow! What is happening to NYC nightlife? Twilo?SPirit gone. Roxy gone, Crobar gone, Arc/Vynnyl gone, Exit gone. Discoteque Afterhours are gone, Limelight?Avolon gone, Tunnel R.I.P gone, I mean I keep hoping for a turn around in NYC nigh life but It aint happening. The only good real clubs left are Pacha, Cielo, and Show on sundays. Shelter also. NYC is not Miami or Los Angeles I dont understnad this models and bottles shit, I mean how many more lounges gotta open in NYC, what ever happened to just going to a club at 4-5 am and dancing the night away.

Wow! What is happening to NYC nightlife? Twilo?SPirit gone. Roxy gone, Crobar gone, Arc/Vynnyl gone, Exit gone. Discoteque Afterhours are gone, Limelight?Avolon gone, Tunnel R.I.P gone, I mean I keep hoping for a turn around in NYC nigh life but It aint happening. The only good real clubs left are Pacha, Cielo, and Show on sundays. Shelter also. NYC is not Miami or Los Angeles I dont understnad this models and bottles shit, I mean how many more lounges gotta open in NYC, what ever happened to just going to a club at 4-5 am and dancing the night away.
I had just mentioned that to a friend last nite,we got to talkin about it.What we notice is that this shitty change in new york nightlife is destroying the social sense of the scene. Everybody is all fake about it now, you gotta look like a Calvin Klein model to get into these places with their superficial "velvet rope" attitude. These people are forgetting those of us who are blue/white collar still live in new york city and work and go to college all week, when the weekend comes along some of us want a place to socialize hangout and dance. This city's scene has turned to shit and I think I caught the tail end of the good part, when I first started going out. People need to realize this is not, Miami,Hollywood, or Las Vegas. New York is suppose to be more down to earth, this isnt an area where its stays warm all year, where people run around with fake ass tans and all that bullshit, there is no "strip" like there is in miami ,las vegas, and hollywood almost every street in this town is numbered and there are people here from all different walks of life from all over who live in this area.This is one of the major elements that fucked up what New York nightlife is really about.The superficial fake-ass rude obnoxious, anti-social,exclusive, "I dont wanna deal with people I don't know" judgmental attitudes that have polluted this city,needs to stop. Those who have that attitude need a reality check...I just want to see some of the originality come back. Nuff said!!!

I had just mentioned that to a friend last nite,we got to talkin about it.What we notice is that this shitty change in new york nightlife is destroying the social sense of the scene. Everybody is all fake about it now, you gotta look like a Calvin Klein model to get into these places with their superficial "velvet rope" attitude. These people are forgetting those of us who are blue/white collar still live in new york city and work and go to college all week, when the weekend comes along some of us want a place to socialize hangout and dance. This city's scene has turned to shit and I think I caught the tail end of the good part, when I first started going out. People need to realize this is not, Miami,Hollywood, or Las Vegas. New York is suppose to be more down to earth, this isnt an area where its stays warm all year, where people run around with fake ass tans and all that bullshit, there is no "strip" like there is in miami ,las vegas, and hollywood almost every street in this town is numbered and there are people here from all different walks of life from all over who live in this area.This is one of the major elements that fucked up what New York nightlife is really about.The superficial fake-ass rude obnoxious, anti-social,exclusive, "I dont wanna deal with people I don't know" judgmental attitudes that have polluted this city,needs to stop. Those who have that attitude need a reality check...I just want to see some of the originality come back. Nuff said!!!

AMEN!!! RIP Crobar

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone with common sense shoulda told the Mansion owners that this is New York and not Miami... Girls dressed in lights and fires inclosed by glass are great for a night or two out (in a lounge), but it's all about substance....

I learned a year or two ago that the bigroom scene is hopeless, it's all about the Love's, Sully's, Bar13's, and Shelter's for a good night out with good music, or even one of the million mini-Mansions this city has for a more formal night out... The pictures and stories I'm seeing and hearing from this place are a nightmare..