Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who are favored in the world cup......

Guest ANARCHYP

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not gonna say that the us got robbed, because we wont ever know how it would have played out, but shit...

everyone that saw it KNOWS that ghana's second goal was bullshit... the ref made up the penalty...

I didn't see it, but from what I did see in the second half... the US just can't finish off opportunities. They can create them all day long but they just don't have that next level to finish. Just for example... 36th minute of the second half... free kick an inch outside of Ghana's box... Donovan sends the cross a mile over everyone's head. Sure... happens all the time... but no excuse when there's less than 10 minutes left and you're down 2-1 facing elimination. A minute later, Johnson crosses from the left... a mile too high.

I truly believe they would have advanced if they were in any one of about 3 or 4 weaker groups... but they definitely didn't have what it takes to advance out of THEE toughest group. Moving on...

!!! VIVA ESPAÑA !!!

The US was not in the toughest group. Group C (Argentina, Ivory Coast, Netherlands and Serbia and Montenegro), better known as the group of death, is the toughest group. Anyone who's been following the world cup closely knows this.

Guest ddg

i was so hoping for italy to finish second in their group..so they would have had to play brazil in the round of 16...one big name would have been eliminated early..but oh well..

cant say much for the us, only that its a big disappointment :-\

Guest musicalmissionary

im not gonna say that the us got robbed' date=' because we wont ever know how it would have played out, but shit...

everyone that saw it KNOWS that ghana's second goal was bullshit... the ref made up the penalty...

[/quote']

I didn't see it, but from what I did see in the second half... the US just can't finish off opportunities. They can create them all day long but they just don't have that next level to finish. Just for example... 36th minute of the second half... free kick an inch outside of Ghana's box... Donovan sends the cross a mile over everyone's head. Sure... happens all the time... but no excuse when there's less than 10 minutes left and you're down 2-1 facing elimination. A minute later, Johnson crosses from the left... a mile too high.

I truly believe they would have advanced if they were in any one of about 3 or 4 weaker groups... but they definitely didn't have what it takes to advance out of THEE toughest group. Moving on...

!!! VIVA ESPAÑA !!!

The US was not in the toughest group. Group C (Argentina, Ivory Coast, Netherlands and Serbia and Montenegro), better known as the group of death, is the toughest group. Anyone who's been following the world cup closely knows this.

Thank you Professor World Cup but I don't need your education. I'm very well aware that the media declare a "Group of Death" every World Cup and I'm also aware that they do so before even a single game is ever played. So... it's basically as valuable as preseason college rankings in football or basketball... hype.

So smart guy... how important were Group C's games yesterday? How much was at stake for all 4 teams in the group in their final round of group play? Practically nothing. All 4 Group E teams had a great shot at advancing today. So Group C might have been the group of death BEFORE the World Cup started, but now that actual games have been played... it's clear to anyone who knows anything at all that Group E was the true Group of Death.

Class dismissed.

Guest Cosmigonon

im not gonna say that the us got robbed' date=' because we wont ever know how it would have played out, but shit...

[/quote']

!!! VIVA ESPAÑA !!!

Group C WAS the Group of death, but after 2nd round, everybody, media also, gave that name to group E, as it was all to clear that Group C didn;t live up to the expectations and had their teams quaoified before game day 3, and being that Group E had turned out the toughest one, and also the only group with no qualified teams at the end of the 2nd round. anyone who's been folowing the world cup closely knows that... :P

So far it looks like this:

Germany vs Sweden winner of this match faces the winner of Argentina vs Mexico

vs.

Italy vs Australia winner of this match faces the winner of (to me) Switzerland vs Ukraine

England vs Ecuador winner of this match faces winner of Portugal vs Holland

vs.

Brazil vs Ghana winner of this match faces winner of Spain vs France ( maybe )

Guest ddg

Germany

Sweden ------sweden

-----Argentina

Argentina

Mexico ----Argentina

-----Argentina

Italy

Australia ---- Italy

------ -- Italy

Korea

Ukraine ---- Korea

----Argentina

England

Eduacor-----England

------England

Portugal

Holland------Holland

----------Spain

Brazil

Ghana------Brazil

-------Spain

Spain

Switzerland----Spain

just what i think is gonna happen ;)

Guest Major

Germany

Sweden ------sweden

-----Argentina

Argentina

Mexico ----Argentina

-----Argentina

Italy

Australia ---- Italy

------ -- Italy

Korea

Ukraine ---- Korea

----Argentina

England

Eduacor-----England

------England

Portugal

Holland------Holland

----------Spain

Brazil

Ghana------Brazil

-------Spain

Spain

Switzerland----Spain

England

Ecuador------England

------England

Protugal

Holland-------Potugal

Brazil England

Ghana--------Brazil

Spain ---------Brazil

Switzerland----Spain

ENGLAND

Germany

Sweden -------Germany

Argentina ----Germany

Mexico ------- Mexico

Italy Germany

Australia ---------Italy

France -------Italy

Ukraine ------Ukraine

My Prediction ;)

Guest musicalmissionary

Germany

Sweden ------sweden

-----Argentina

Argentina

Mexico ----Argentina

-----Argentina

Italy

Australia ---- Italy

------ -- Italy

Korea

Ukraine ---- Korea

----Argentina

England

Eduacor-----England

------England

Portugal

Holland------Holland

----------Spain

Brazil

Ghana------Brazil

-------Spain

Spain

Switzerland----Spain

England

Ecuador------England

------England

Protugal

Holland-------Potugal

Brazil England

Ghana--------Brazil

Spain ---------Brazil

Switzerland----Spain

ENGLAND

Germany

Sweden -------Germany

Argentina ----Germany

Mexico ------- Mexico

Italy Germany

Australia ---------Italy

Korea -------Italy

Ukraine ------Ukraine

My prediction ;)

England

Ecuador------doesn't matter

------doesn't matter

Protugal

Holland-------doesn't matter

Brazil Spain

Ghana--------doesn't matter

Spain ---------Spain

Switzerland----Spain

SPAIN

Germany

Sweden -------doesn't matter

Argentina ----doesn't matter

Mexico -------doesn't matter

Italy doesn't matter

Australia -------doesn't matter

Korea ----doesn't matter

Ukraine ------doesn't matter

;D

Guest Seb

Germany

Sweden ------sweden

-----Argentina

Argentina

Mexico ----Argentina

-----Argentina

Italy

Australia ---- Italy

------ -- Italy

Korea

Ukraine ---- Korea

----Argentina

England

Eduacor-----England

------England

Portugal

Holland------Holland

----------Spain

Brazil

Ghana------Brazil

-------Spain

Spain

Switzerland----Spain

England

Ecuador------England

------England

Protugal

Holland-------Potugal

Brazil England

Ghana--------Brazil

Spain ---------Brazil

Switzerland----Spain

ENGLAND

Germany

Sweden -------Germany

Argentina ----Germany

Mexico ------- Mexico

Italy Germany

Australia ---------Italy

Korea -------Italy

Ukraine ------Ukraine

My prediction ;)

England

Ecuador------doesn't matter

------doesn't matter

Protugal

Holland-------doesn't matter

Brazil Spain

Ghana--------doesn't matter

Spain ---------Spain

Switzerland----Spain

SPAIN

Germany

Sweden -------doesn't matter

Argentina ----doesn't matter

Mexico -------doesn't matter

Italy doesn't matter

Australia -------doesn't matter

Korea ----doesn't matter

Ukraine ------doesn't matter

;D

wankers :P

Guest musicalmissionary

wankers :P

OK fine... here:

England

Ecuador------England

------England

Protugal

Holland-------Holland

Brazil Spain

Ghana--------Brazil

Spain ------Spain

Switzerland----Spain

SPAIN

Germany

Sweden -------Germany

Argentina -------Argentina

Mexico -------Argentina

Italy Argentina

Australia ---------Italy

Korea -------Italy

Ukraine ------Ukraine

Guest sross

Argentina 2-1 Mexico (aet)

AMAZING game :o :o :o I feel sorry for Mexico as they put so much into the game but Argentina's quality meant they just got through.

Guest mursa

I must admit ..........what a goal by maxi ........astonishing.

13 hours from Portugal's game ........and i am already restless.

Guest r3nz0

:o :o :o

Wow. Wow. Wow. Best [and dirtiest] game of the Cup so far! Soccer, 7 million cards, and fighting. This game had it all. But yeah, Portugal deserved to win. With C. Ronaldo, who was playing great, exiting early because of injury, Deco getting a red, Pauleta not even playing in the second half [still not sure why...I'm assuming for defensive tactics], and Holland shooting 20-something times at the goal, they still held their ground.

Guest Cosmigonon

Amazing game. Too bad they're playing England witouth Costinha, Deco, Ronaldo (if he doesn't get well)...

Guest Justin Johnson

Being a newbie to the sport, I have thoroughly enjoyed every game that I've watched so far (which has been quite a few). So far, my favorite match has been ARG vs MEX. Wow, that was awesome.

Guest durrtylexx

what a fuckin dirty game today..

no deco next round, that sucks.

wtf didn't van nistelrooy play??

anyhoot -

england - portugal - wicked.. btw England looks like shit.

Guest sross

:o :o :o

Wow. Wow. Wow. Best [and dirtiest] game of the Cup so far! Soccer, 7 million cards, and fighting. This game had it all. But yeah, Portugal deserved to win. With C. Ronaldo, who was playing great, exiting early because of injury, Deco getting a red, Pauleta not even playing in the second half [still not sure why...I'm assuming for defensive tactics], and Holland shooting 20-something times at the goal, they still held their ground.

That game was great for a neutral. The Dutch got what they deserved after falling over at every slightest tug of their shirts or challenge.

Portugal without Deco might be beatable if England raise their game...

Guest Ar

the ref destroyed the game, both for holland and portugal.

Seb Blatter said after the game that the ref deserved a yellow card (i couldnt have put it better myself)

they only played about 20 mins in the 2nd half, the rest of the time the portuguese players were rolling around on the pitch like a bunch of pussies...

But thats what football is about, the best team doesnt always win. Holland had plenty of chances to score, dominated the 2nd half but were unlucky.

Losing is horrible, but as a dutchie i can say that we gave it all we had.. with lots of heart and lots of pride. We have a young side and we will be back in 2 years for the euros with almost the same team. (cant say the same for portugal).....

lastly, scolari is a prick... during the 1st half he went to maro van basten and shouted at him and told him to fuck off.. like van basten had anything to do with boularouz's challenge on c.ronaldo......

go england fuck portugal!