Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who are favored in the world cup......

Guest ANARCHYP

Guest ddg

i think england over ecuador

sweden over germany

its about tomorrow though..Argentina against Holland....FUERZA PELOTUDOS!!

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ar

Argentina vs Holland???? big game? both teams are through to the next round and both teams are putting in "B" Teams to rest injured players and players with cautions (yellow cards)....

i think the big games will be in the other group of death (italy vs czech and USA vs Ghana)

Guest Major

Both teams are resting key players, hopefully it should still be a good game though.

Like to see Messi in action.. i think he's on the bench?

What's with the Spanish all the time??

Guest Cosmigonon

Same thing I say, what's with the English all the time?? ;D

Guest ddg

Both teams are resting key players, hopefully it should still be a good game though.

Like to see Messi in action.. i think he's on the bench?

my bad major....i'll keep it down with the spanish..lol.. ;)

winner of arg/holland game gets mexico (what i think)....loser gets portugal.....

Guest mursa

Su 6/25

2:55 p.m. ESPN/ESPN HD 1st D vs. 2nd C 52 Nuremberg

come Argentina or Holland........i dont care , im off from work on sunday , therefore im home and happy ! ;D :P

getimage.asp?tb=DESTAQUES&id=106195

Guest Cosmigonon

mexico was a victim of their own mistakes. Most likely will face Argentina on the 2nd round...

Guest Major

Argentina vs Holland @ 3:00pm

Anyone coming to Playwright? Diaga,Dave,Diego?

There's been some nice Argentine tottie coming in for the matches :)

Guest ddg

so we get the mexicans in the round of 16....

so far....

england vs ecuador (england imo)

germany vs sweden (big upset as the swedes take it)

arg vs mexico (arg beats the crap out of them :P)

holland vs portugal (holland imo)

tomorrows games are huge for their respective groups...its so awesome to c how the round of 16 is setting up..

Guest Justin Johnson

Arg vs Ned was a good match today for the most part. Enjoyed it. Regardless of who played for the teams, I still enjoyed it.

FYI: every single day the Playwright has ALL the matches on. It's an awesome environment to watch any game, even if you're not cheering for either team. AND if you're there for YOUR team then you can bet there will be others too!

You can find Major there almost every single day, and I'm there most days too.

Yesterday, I was on 1 of 5 Swedes in the entire packed venue. But I didn't care! It was a great vibe! ;D

Guest ddg

Arg vs Ned was a good match today for the most part. Enjoyed it. Regardless of who played for the teams, I still enjoyed it.

FYI: every single day the Playwright has ALL the matches on. It's an awesome environment to watch any game, even if you're not cheering for either team. AND if you're there for YOUR team then you can bet there will be others too!

Yesterday, I was on 1 of 5 Swedes in the entire packed venue. But I didn't care! It was a great vibe! ;D

maybe i'll check it out sunday since i might be down there for roger sanchez....

leo...stfu

im still rooting for the same teams....

teams? thats sad,it should only be team in where yours is not in it.Its only a matter of time before you start running with the new champs of the world. :)

Guest ddg

leo...stfu

teams? thats sad,it should only be team in where yours is not in it.Its only a matter of time before you start running with the new champs of the world. :)

AND THE COOK HAS SPOKEN!! :P

Guest Justin Johnson

maybe i'll check it out sunday since i might be down there for roger sanchez....

;)

If you want breakfast, order the 'Traditional', it's awesome.

Guest djcarlosf

leo...stfu

i already am ;)

Guest Cosmigonon

Me too!!!! Great idea, cause i was wondering where the Hell was i gonna watch the game that afternoon... ;D

Guest Cosmigonon

leo...stfu

True. Even though I'll prbably have to wait 20 years to see Panamá in a World Cup, that's the opnly team I'll really ever root for. I lovve the World Cup, and I love the game, but I don;t have a favorite team at all, if anything, I just don't europeans to win(except for Spain), and in a better case, I want the American teams to win.

I just don't know how can people who are not Brazilian wear their shirts, and scream and celebrate and get drunk when they won last time, that's just soooooooo lame... ::)

umm....i'm just gonna hope for scenario #1 ;D

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=ap-wcup-us-scenarios-box

U.S. World Cup Advancement Scenarios

June 21, 2006

The United States tied Italy 1-1 on Saturday night in its second World Cup match. Italy leads Group E with four points, while the Czech Republic and Ghana each have three. The United States is last in the group with one point. On Thursday all four teams will play their last match of the first round. The United States faces Ghana, while at the same time, Italy plays the Czechs. Only the top two teams in the group will advance to the second round.

For the Americans to advance, they must defeat Ghana in their last game. In addition to beating Ghana, the U.S. team needs one of these scenarios to take place:

1. Italy defeats the Czech Republic.

2. Italy ties the Czech Republic 0-0 or 1-1 AND the United States beats Ghana by at least four goals.

3. Italy ties the Czech Republic 2-2 or with a higher score AND the United States beats Ghana by five or more goals.

4. Italy ties the Czech Republic 2-2 or with a higher score AND the United States beats Ghana by four goals AND the U.S. team scores at least three goals more than the Czechs do in their tie.

5. The Czech Republic beats Italy AND the total combined margin of victory for the Americans and Czechs is six or more.

6. The Czech Republic beats Italy AND the total combined margin of victory for the Americans and Czechs is five AND the U.S. team scores at least three goals more than the Italians do in their loss.

7. The Czech Republic beats Italy AND the total combined margin of victory for the Americans and Czechs is five AND the U.S. team scores exactly two more goals than the Italians do in their loss AND the Americans win a drawing of lots by FIFA.

Guest djcarlosf

im not gonna say that the us got robbed, because we wont ever know how it would have played out, but shit...

everyone that saw it KNOWS that ghana's second goal was bullshit... the ref made up the penalty...

Guest musicalmissionary

im not gonna say that the us got robbed, because we wont ever know how it would have played out, but shit...

everyone that saw it KNOWS that ghana's second goal was bullshit... the ref made up the penalty...

I didn't see it, but from what I did see in the second half... the US just can't finish off opportunities. They can create them all day long but they just don't have that next level to finish. Just for example... 36th minute of the second half... free kick an inch outside of Ghana's box... Donovan sends the cross a mile over everyone's head. Sure... happens all the time... but no excuse when there's less than 10 minutes left and you're down 2-1 facing elimination. A minute later, Johnson crosses from the left... a mile too high.

I truly believe they would have advanced if they were in any one of about 3 or 4 weaker groups... but they definitely didn't have what it takes to advance out of THEE toughest group. Moving on...

!!! VIVA ESPAÑA !!!

Guest LeVeL

Dam the US just doesn't have the firepower at Offense to compete with the rest of the teams in their group. They gave a valient effort and I must admit the USA was indeed in the "Real Grupo de La Muerte". This Group in my mind didn't have no favorites.

US is now back to the drawing board and now will have to look to their young players for future outlooks. The veterans did nothing but hurt this team an it showed bit time in the World Cup. Ghana deserved to win, they have played like a hungry team with a lot of desire and Brazil better look out for them in the next Round, because Brazil have yet to be challenged in their group and in the Second Round I think we might see an upset...I'll be going for Ghana in that match.

As far as the other match is concerned Italy has done everything right it seems so far and by beating the Czech Republic the #2 ranked team in the World and a favorite to win it all, suddenly the people who doubted the Italians to be any kind of threat in this world cup have been proven wrong. Italy is a hard nosed Defensive Minded team that takes advantage of their opportunities very well, to me they are a very smart team.

The next round is turning out to be a sweet 1 and I cant wait for upsets to start happening. Great World Cup so far.