Clubplanet Nightlife Community

In your opinion.. which club has the best sound system...

I would have to say Twilo w/o a doubt has the best bass. Factory system is really good too but not as clear. I think Exit has a really clean crisp sounding system and if that were put into a room the size of twilo instead of that massive main dance floor, they would have the best system.

-Rob

Twilo, hands down. The system seems to have more "umph" on Saturday's when Junior spins. I've been told that Junior has had Steve (Dash) and Phil (Smith) of "Phazon" limit the levels from the guest DJ booth.

IMO, there is NO other sound system as good as Twilo's in the city. Phazon has designed some others - Home in London most notibly. I'd love to hear Oakey (he left the residency right?) there, or Danny for that matter.

Originally posted by capricorn13:

Roxy's system was resonating when I saw Oaks in March. I am surprised that my body did not explode from the bass!

really? confused.gif last time i was there for the opening of the friday night party back in april it sounded ok but nothing special. Maybe they tweaked it or something for oakey.

By the way, who's going to see him at roseland?

-Rob

Stereo in Montreal designed by Angel Moraes, supposedly blows Twilo's system out of the water, Im going June 25th to see Danny, So I'll see for myself. Other than that Twilo's system in the city, hands down, Vinyl has a good system for a smaller space, and I don't think Exit's system is that good...just don't feel it.

Keep It Real

Mac

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

Stereo is supposedly designed by Phazon too. I have a friend who lives up there and goes there on a frequent basis. Although, I did hear from her, that the sound in Stereo does sound better than Twilos.

As for the best in NYC and probably the world. The one and only-Twilo

As far as I know the Stereo system was designed by Owner/DJ/Producer Angel Moraes...I will double check with someone who would know, But I'm almost positive.

Mac

------------------

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

Actually thats not the end of it, considering it is an opinion based question...Some people like different types of bass, for example cerwin vegas are deep driving sloppy bass, different from a tight crisp bass...it depends what your taste is...Have you been to Stereo by the way? If not I how would you know whether Twilo's system is better or not? Hearsay? or just your biased opinion...yawn...

Keep It Real...

Mac

------------------

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

Twilo #1..

Anyone remember when SF had the sickest sound?? Jonathan killed that system to shit.. When the new floor opens, there supposed to put the main floor sound system in the 4th floor, and put a brand new one ( Designed by GSA ) on the main dance floor.. I also heard Richard Grant is going to spend a lot of his ( Hard earned?? ) Money on it..

Vinyl's sound is the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit too...

System's also use to blow ear drums.. Last time I was there when it was Key Club, it's was HORRIBLE...

Worst sound systems.. Limelight, Speeeed, Tunnel...

Definitely, TWILO's. The system there has been matched to perfection to the acoustics of that place. And no one sounds better there than PVD. Would also love to experience an Oakie set there but unfortunately it won't happen. frown.gif

EXIT's system is awesome too, but basically gets defeated by the acoustic qualities of that big space. On the dance floor, it sounds perfect. However, on the second floor bar level, it's overly boomy/bassy.

I spoke to someone tonight who has played (djed) at Stereo several times, and he told me that Stereo's system blows Twilo out of the water, he said it is at least 10 times better...I know you all say Twilo's is the best, it's only the best until you hear something that tops it, and I'm guessing that most of you have not been to Stereo, neither have I, until the 25th...I love Twilo's system don't get me wrong, I've been going there since it was in place...But I'm dying to hear Stereo's...The Anticipation is killing me...

The Underground Will Live Forever Baby...

Mac

------------------

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

god, i thought twilo was nice, and i see that people are saying that stereo in montreal is nice. well, i am planning on making a road trip up there, can anyone give me some info on stereo? do they also get really good DJs (that is, any info on line-up for the summer)?

thanks.. i also like outdoor parties.. yea, the bass not be as bangin, but there is something about dancing out in the open that i like.. smile.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

Although the system at Twilo is good, only when Jr. is on does it sound clear. I think that Exit is probably better since they are consistent. But yeah, Twilo beats Exit but only on Saturday night.

I would list good sound systems in this order:

Twilo

Exit

Vinyl

Roxy

Now clubs that are no longer around and would probably kick all of the above asses are:

Paradise Garage

Fun House

Tunnel (88-90)

Peace

Nestor

Guest crystalmethodny

Wow!

This board actually agrees on something! Unbelievable.

Best sound system in /NYC/: T W I L O -- And Junior rocks it better then any imported DJ, but then again, it is Queen DJ's home.

I do like Vinyl's, but probably cause its such a small space, and ounce for ounce, it just blows your mind (like Elements)...

Exit is decent, but I was so annoyed at the atmosphere when I was there, that I didnt pay attention all too much. I know I know, excuses.

SF - Needs a serious renovation and hosejob, with bleach... I heard the bathroom stalls were icky...

Mac -- Get a detailed report on 'Stereo' for us, Im sooo jealous, I wanna come! Bad enough you're going... but even worse is DT is playing! Arrrgghhh -- After dancing last night for hours Im in the mood to hit that place up hard.

Peace out

-CM