Clubplanet Nightlife Community

when you feel the music...

This could be good if gets goin, vinyl girl. As far as the music physically moving me it's gotta be that hard beat with sweet and short synth lines and some cool filter effects thrown in. As far as spiritually, I'd have to go with the melodic stuff. Just like you said, at the end of a breakdown with some soulful piano loop that split second when the loop ends and there's just that kind of stillness in the air because you know it's about to hit, but it keeps you waiting. I know the melodic trance stuff is "out" but I still love shit like "for an angel" and "saltwater" is probably one of my all time favs. I know that shit's been played out a hundred times over, but that's the stuff, in my presonal opinion, that makes you feel like you're flyin through the clouds and ain't never comin down.

For me its the rhythm of the drums and the beat of the bass. I like very tribal drums...that fast rythmic beat that changes melody while all the while in the background you hear the hard steady bass pounding out a house beat. Ahhh thats sooo beautiful. Thats what moves me.

I also tend to feel the music on off beats as well. You hear a beat and then no beat...but that non-beat is specific because you subconsciously fill it with your own beat.

Thats what tells me that music is truly in us.

Yep Vinyl Girl, this is a good topic.

I agree entirely about the tribal connection. I also agree with the previous poster who loves the Groove! It's all about groove and whatever your preference - hard, funky, trance, progressive - they all have one thing in common - repetitiveness. I say that with the utmost fondness as I love clubbing as much as anyone. Physically speaking it's because of the 1b receptor in your brain. This lovely little gift from God just LOVES repetitve things and seems to be extra-responsive to SOUND. So, it's happy - we're happy. Oh, by the way, its sensitivity is enhanced by (can you guess?) Ecstasy. Well, who would have thought it??

Who's gonna be at Twilo for PVD on July 21st??? I'm leading the European invasion and want to all of my U.S counterparts there!!!!!

My tastes change from time to time. The stuff that Digweed and Tenaglia plays get me going like a 100 mph.

That dark and deep sound with tripped out echoed effects over a phunky bassline. I also like the vocals. A perfect example is the vocals that Dave Seaman likes to throw alcapellas over another track. Simply brilliant.

Used to like the melodic stuff but that got played...

I don't really now what it is about the music- at least i can't explain it. There are songs i hear and get so amped and bounce off the walls. Then there are songs that give me chills and i almost can't move i'm just trapped in the music, like pink floyd for example. Then i could be listening to trance or whatever and feeel like i'm in another world. I don't know what it is- and i think its better to not know exactly what element it is about the music that drives me-that what makes it so amazing, for me anyway.

-Rob

"The drama of life begins with a wail and ends with a sigh." Minna Antrim

what moves me? i'd have to say the part in the song that starts building up and up, the part where you feel it actually run through your body and soul and then finally you just explode. in other words its the orgasm part of the songs that get to me.

I have to agree with all the previous posts. There is nothing like hearing great build ups, and then the big release and you find yourself dancing in a frenzy.

The best feeling is remembering that moment, the moment the music entered your body and took over. It's remembering that night, when you weren't thinking about what was occurring in the outside world. All you remember is dancing in unison surrounded by all these strangers that are reveling in the moment with you. And when the DJ starts to build up the music, the dancefloor becomes quiet, awaiting the DJ's next move.. and as the DJ starts to build on the momentum of the crowd, you know the best beat is going to drop, you find yourself screaming, yelling, dancing, whistling, closing your eyes, anticipating.. and when the DJ drops it... that's your moment... it almost brings a tear to my eye..

It's the best feeling when the hairs on the back of your neck tingle just reminiscing about it.

don't you think? the last time i experienced this was probably a year ago at PvD.. sadly, i think the PvD nights have gotten worse due to the crowd. i just don't feel the energy anymore.

well that's my 2 cents. phew.

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*