Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who do you like better: Sasha or Digweed?

Ok, time to start some controversy: who's your favorite, Sasha or John? I think everyone here knows that Sasha is my man!!!!!

smile.gif Alexandra

------------------

"Sometimes I wonder if my dreams are wild... Sometimes I know they'll all come true" - Ascension, "Someone"

alexandra@zoggle.com

Well it used to be Sasha up until this past year. Digweed has been in top form lately, and is now my favorite. You just can't beat him (although I'm sure that there are a ton of people on this board that are going to disagree with me).

Guest crystalmethodny

I'd have to go with Digweed.

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

Ha... no, Randy, my favorite comment was from some guy waiting in line for the anniversary show: "yo, I heard that chick Sasha is HOT!"

See ya tonight!

wink.gif Ali

------------------

"Sometimes I wonder if my dreams are wild... Sometimes I know they'll all come true" - Ascension, "Someone"

alexandra@zoggle.com

C'mon guys, it depends on the night. They're both top notch. I think Sasha is capable of greater heights, but Digweed is more consistent. They're both two of the best and most reliable DJ's out there.

[This message has been edited by bmlewis (edited 06-30-2000).]

I would have to say that Digweed sounds much better than Sasha lately. I know Sasha kicked ass before but now Digweed sounds much better.

dschwed, sorry -- I have to disagree BIG time!! PVD has EVERYTHING on them!!! PVD IS GOD!!!! No one can touch him!!! biggrin.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

"None is more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Nah PVD carn't hold a tourch to sasha on a good night, we can all get lucky icon12.gif but I have to give him respect for saying he wont do a mix compilation.

BlueAngel,

there is a good interview with PVD in either Mixer or Muzik this month (sorry can't remember which one), he come across well.

I can say that it would of been Sasha a few years back but we all know that Digweed is sharper technically and knows how to program his sets better.

As for PvD, well.. To each his own. He can sure mix, and play all the BIG tunes, but he has nothing on the great ones...

You'll never hear one cheesy tracks from these guys. PvD.. He is still droppin' 'For an Angel' & 'Binary Finary' and loads of cheesy tracks. It seems that's what NY wants to hear.

I personally like to hear tracks I've never heard of. Tracks that have me going nuts trying to find out what the name is and who it's by. Tracks w/o those cheesy drumrolls and riffs. Tracks with depth and emotion.

S & D do a great job delivering just that.

As for the best dj alive. Simple.. Danny Tenaglia. He proved it to the world over and over and he'll prove it again this weekend across the pond. Wait till you hear what they say...

Neither..

If I want to hear Deep Dark Groovy house, I will go to Vinyl on any givin friday night over any given last friday at Twilo..

S&D fell off big time to me..

Danny Tenaglia is THE house meistro of the world..

------------------

Hit My Damn Music...

In my opinion, I think digweed is better. That's if you dig his style(no pun intended). I also think he's got better mixing skills that sasha, but if you're into progressive house/trance you should listen to Christopher Lawrence. He is GOD!!!

Sasha is the fucking man. He has had some off nights recently but you can't turn off a man who a whole country used to call a 'man like god'

Shit when he is on, no one comes close. When he's off he is still better than most.

Digweed! He has really improved lately. Gotten much more funky and soulful. That´s what I love, when it´s dark and banging, but still really funky and danceable. Sasha has more energy, but Digweed fits my taste better. But as I mentioned on another post, I really respect them for being able to make the crowd go nuts on new tracks every time, rather than just playing anthems. I agree with Nolimit totally. It´s easy to work a crowd with the same tracks over and over, but it really shows you have talent if you can play a track you never played to a crowd before and know it will tear the roof off.

JohnB

Anyone there until close on Fri.? If you were you can't say that Sasha isn't the world's best DJ when he's spinning at his top. Classic performance for the final couple of hours. Well worth staying until 10:15.

Dunno about this one

but i was watching Conan O'Brien on Friday and Mellisa Joan Hart (i think that's her name - never the less she's hot)said she was going down to Twilo that night to see John Digweed

-so I am going to say John Digweed just because i want to Bang Mellisa

-you know I never watched her stupid witch show b4

-when is it on?

- I wanna start and rubbing one out to it

Sasha or Digweed? That's not easy. I like them both when they spin together. What I was oh so lucky to witness at Virgin last Thursday was wild and seeing how well they work together.

But just to the slightest of margins, I give the nod to Digweed when they're solo. He's so much more crisper at times and he just this extra added depth to his sets. The Hong Kong Global Underground is intense. And I have alot of Bedrock vinyl and it's nutz.

Sasha is amazing too, don't get me wrong. I think they are the top DJs on the scene now and I think they'll be at the top for a long time to come.

I'd have to say that lately i've been digging digweed (that sounds corny) more than sasha. But then I went to Twilo on Fri. Digweed was really good, but Sasha was unreal. His final 3+ hr set was incredible. Just one amazing tune after another and a bunch of encores. I mean they turned the lights on and tried to kick everyone out and he still played another 2 tracks.

I've always thought sasha brought more energy to the crowd but I think he's much more inconsistent than digweed. W/ digweed, you know you're gonna get a really solid set, and once in a while it's extra special. With sasha, he's either hot or cold. But when he's hot, not many people can top him.

Although I would like to add that I think PVD is superior to both. He's not just consistent, he's consistently amazing. And he gets better and better every time you see him. I guess I just like his style of music a little bit better. But I think he's the best dj in the world. Hands down.

my $.02

eric

I'd have to say that lately i've been digging digweed (that sounds corny) more than sasha. But then I went to Twilo on Fri. Digweed was really good, but Sasha was unreal. His final 3+ hr set was incredible. Just one amazing tune after another and a bunch of encores. I mean they turned the lights on and tried to kick everyone out and he still played another 2 tracks.

I've always thought sasha brought more energy to the crowd but I think he's much more inconsistent than digweed. W/ digweed, you know you're gonna get a really solid set, and once in a while it's extra special. With sasha, he's either hot or cold. But when he's hot, not many people can top him.

Although I would like to add that I think PVD is superior to both. He's not just consistent, he's consistently amazing. And he gets better and better every time you see him. I guess I just like his style of music a little bit better. But I think he's the best dj in the world. Hands down.

my $.02

eric