Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jpeters..continuned,,,,,

OK. I will sum it up for you all.First of all please do not compare danny to johnathan its not even remotely close.Anyways they play completely different so you cant compare.

Johnathan creates alot of energy in peaks and valleys.That is not a vibe,making guys jump into themselves on the dance floor is not a vibe.If you like doing that, then god bless.I just dont get it. Danny will keep you moving whether your leaning against the wall or on the dance floor in the club your head will at least move to the shit hes playin.Thats a VIBE and thats what makes a good dj, no matter what music hes playing(well most music)

What happened to the beats.......get rid of the noise...and "bring that beat back"

amen.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

very well put. the factory is so cracked out by 4 no one would notice if he was playing beat it by mj. and upon going there sober i noticed his mixing is shaky too, while intoxicated i always believed it was tight. factory is cool for afterhrs when you're cracked out, but its certainly not hot for its music. and dt and jp are in 2 different worlds. i wish there was a quality party on saturdays.

VIBE ...PLEASE ..I REALLY DON'T LIKE EITHER ...DT or JP...BUT THERE IS BY FAR A WAY MORE NOTICABLE VIBE WHEN JP IS SPINNING OPPOSED TO DT ... YEAH JPs SHIT CAN GET A LIL NOISY AND SHAKY BUT AT LEAST THE TRACKS HE PLAYS PRODUCE ENERGY ... IT'S ALL ABOUT INTENSITY AND ENERGY ....WHICH DT LACKS AND JP SLACKS

whatever..I am not even going to argue with you. Do me a favor goto the music conference and go hear Danny down there, and then tell me he lacks energy.Then goto hear JP where theres like 300 people. all 300 of them in K holes.

I'VE BEEN THERE BRO ,..3 YEARS IN A ROW ... I DON'T WANT ARGUE MUSIC OVER THE COMPUTER ..ITS STUPID .. ENERGY TO U IS OBVIOUSLY DIFFERENT THEN WHAT ENERGY IS TO ME ... HEY DON'T ME WRONG I AINT DISSING U, DT OR ANYONE ...I JUST STATING PURE OPINONS

"DIFFERERNT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS"

wise what r u talking about...number one i wonder if poohs ever been to factory and heard jp bcuz at 4am people r just getting to factory and music is just starting to get aggressive.Wise....the factory is packed with well more than 300 on saturdays...go in at 7am and it is full to capacity not an inch to budge. tsettos sucks ...at temps on saturday he played perculator...then "udont even know me" ....then 2 freestyle songs and missed beat matches all nite HE SUCKED

danny tenaglia sucked at memorial day in sobeach.....he played with louie vega at crobar...the place was literally dead nobody showed up and the music sucked.........................whereas at warsaw for jp's party it was JAMMMED...and so was JP's afterhours at space.

Kazoo, lol. Are they still usingthat instrument? I guess DO It Again lives on.

One thing about how packed a party is, it's all about promotion. How many people have guestlsits for sf and how many for vinyl?

I'm willing to wager it wasa similar situation down in miami, esp since both were out fo state. What if hte miami crowd didn't even know dt was coming? Can anyone shed more light on that?

Originally posted by back2basics:

Pershoot,

ok JP is crap but DT is crap 2. Tourism is the worst album i have herd call that house music my mum could have made it.

I have herd of stripped back music but tourism is taking the piss.

Is that enough drama?

Hey B2B, YOUR CRAP!! WTF are you doing on a NEW YORK messageboard trying to abuse NY djs?? Try finding a Chicago MB, and post there.. Take your WACK Chicago djs and shove them up your ass.. There is something really wrong with you bro.. Why must you come on this board and post DUMB shit like that.. Obviously your Chicago scene is lacking, if you feel the need to come spend all your time on a message board dedicated to the NEW YORK club scene.. You really need to STFU and find somewhere else to play asshole..

AND YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO JUDGE A DJ BY A FUCKING CD?!?!?!?! GET FUCKING REAL!! Have you even heard either Danny Tenaglia or Jonathan Peters spin live?!?!? I fucking doubt it.. Dont judge djs by tracks they put out or by CD'S!!!

------------------

Hit My Damn Music...

[This message has been edited by tranza (edited 07-11-2000).]

Originally posted by tommysauce:

dannys cd is seriously a lullabye it sux.....his vocal tracks are laughable..

Hey, I know different people like different kinds of music.....but instead of using your ears, open your eyes for a second. Danny's Global Underground CD is in my opinion the best one of the series. If you ever read any interviews with the top DJ's around the world, DT is a main influence. His "house" music is different than what most NY'ers expect to hear, but that doesn't mean he sucks...whoever said that the crowd at Crobar over the memorial day weekend was dead must be joking. It was full, and I was also at Warsaw and Space for Jonathan Peters, who blew the fucking roof off of Space.

By the way, which cd are you talking about. He has released more than 1........

who the hell cares who you party with so long as they are there to party.

i personally could cares less if there are italiians chiness puerto ricans or arabs at the club so long as they dont cause trouble and they are there to party.

i am italian and take offense to the guido remarks iam not a juice head and i go to factory and notice a fair mix of people.

the music at factory on friday is good even though jp is not there but on saturday the music and crowd is that much better.

Originally posted by wise:

hey tommy sauce ..read the post bro and get your shit straight. I was talking aobut the music conference not the factory.NOT DENNY TSETTOS DANNY TENAGLIA. Go back and read.

RIGHT...AND you (TOMMYSAUCE) sound like a broken record because you posted the same UN-TRUE crap about Denny elsewhere in another message.

------------------

"Love is supposed to make you more than you were, not take things away..not close any doors"

Originally posted by tommysauce:

pershoot...u are an imbasil....you can compare the two...they are both house djs.....except jonathen spins good house and danny spins and produces shit........

I thought you don't care about the music and you're out just to get laid? Whatever. Obviously your mom and dad have the parental controls on your computer because your on the wrong website....you're supposed to be on HOWTOGETPU**Y.COM but you're probably not allowed right? STUPID racist!

------------------

"Love is supposed to make you more than you were, not take things away..not close any doors"

Tommysauce;

I am curious, who the HELL are you to judge the music of one of the pioneers of house music? You obviously cannot appreciate Danny's style, which is the polar opposite of the bubblegum bullshit that JP calls house music. Let me also ask you, are YOU an internationally known DJ? I am assuming you are, considering you talk like you are as talented as Danny. JP is over! His style caters to the commercial spectrum of club goers, the people who talk about how much they love him in the AOL Soundfactory chat. JP is accesable, therefore he is popular, where Danny's music is deeper and a lot more innovative, which frightens a lot of juiceheads who want to give each other high fives cuz they just dropped EIGHT PILLS BRO!!! So until the time you are a well respected DJ, SHUT THE FUCK UP!

STOP BASHING JP!!! You don't like him - so fuckin what - I do! It's personal opinion jackasses!!!!

Get it through your thick heads - just because you don't like it doesn't meant others don't like it ... you all sit here criticizing everyone, acting like gods, holier than thou music critics! Give me a fuckin break!!!

JP kicks ass - you just don't like his style! Go to SF on a sunday morning around 7am - it's difficult to fuckin move it's so packed with people dancin all over! yes there are k-heads - so what - they are all over the entire club scene - there are still a thousand people in SF dancing up a storm!

You critics should take a look in the mirror and stop bashing JP - if he sucked so bad he wouldn't have existed this long in the club scene ... you're all just jealous!

So fuck off! smile.gif

Peace to all of you perfect people,

Imperfect Rally biggrin.gif

Tranza shut up with your "oh you should't be on this board" shit.

It was a joke if you would have read it correctly, but you didn't you just wanted to write the same old tired crap that always come from you fingers and have a go. If yoiu had taken the time to read my post you would realise it was in response to Pershoot saying he wanted drama, so i gave him drama and because you want confrontation you went for it... but you look silly now. Tosser.

What the fuck would you know about music anyway? And you certaily dont know anything about Chicago house... if you did you would realise that deep soulfull sound DT plays is based on it.

Damn!! What's with all the negativity? I thought these boards were to bring people together with common interests? Not put each other down for having common interests.

Arguing "whose the best dj?" Genre bashing, racial slurs...It doesn't matter what genre of music you like...one's not better than the other, it's only personal opinion, which everyone has a right to and shouldn't be put down for...same about dj's.

House music is about peace, love and unity among all, regardless of where you come from, geographically, financially or racially. It should bring us together, not tear us apart and cause all of this hatred and negativity.

I used to give NY props for it's club scene, music, people, etc. I thought you all had class and culture and common sense. Listening to this just makes me shake my head and makes me glad I'm on and from the west coast.

Maybe you all need to roll a joint and chill at the beach and get your head on straight. Can't we all just get along?