Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NJ djs vs NY djs

troo, new york djs don't get as much respect outside the states, but DT has to be excluded from that faction. He gets unbelieveable respect all over the world unlike jp(who, don't get me wrong, i still love).

as for the tsettos thing, he did spin at the most popular club this year, troo, but i bet if you asked the people in there any given saturday who was spinnin at least half would have no idea. i mean, how many times did you hear "omg i need to hear tsettos spin, so we're going to exit" , as opposed to "we're going to exit AND tsettos is spinning", big difference. I'm not trying to disrespect tsettos one bit. I just don't like his style that much. Listening to all the big anthems back to back to back is not my thing. However its perfect for the jersey shore where the club is shutting down around 330 so all the great songs can be heard. I'm also a big fan of droppin an old song in a set once in a while, but he does it too often and is too predictable imo. Its always nightmare or relentless. And if you wanna compare them as the next of kin, then i'll throw out a couple of names, like jason ojeda for one who, once again imo, is better then mendez. Mendez is definetly off the hook but i think ojeda is a little more seasoned. And Tony Draper... has anyone heard him at exit lately? Past couple times i've heard him he's been rippin shit up. Plenty of hard stuff mixed w/ some trance and the occasional anthem. I've gained soooo much respect for draper recently whereas before i though he was awful. I would have to say that right now those two top tsettos and mendez imo.

oh and about the cd thing, did you honestly think he mixed the cd at home and just let it run for 74 minutes? DT is a the man, a legend, maybe its YOU who need to get over that...

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

Hey p00h....

Kinda disappointed with ya on that one... about Tenaglia being the only person playing anything different... there are alot of NY DJs playing sounds that are not synth heavy or NJ sounding.... how about...

Selway

Corbett

Gonzo

Prozac

David Morales

I could go on and on with the names.... but if you people never make it a point to go out and hear someone different than you only have yourselves to blame...

Hey Quest..... with all due respect... Exit is more like a NJ mega club that happens to be in NY... not a NY mega club... so thats kind of a joke...

Nicole

>Thanks for all the compmliments!!! but in my opinion the 2 can't be compared. The NY scene is a whole different world than NJ. Like salt and pepper. An NY DJ spins at leats 8 hour sets. What do NJ DJ's spin for..2 peak hour sets the most??? that's alot of hits wink.gif All the DJ's mentioned in these post all are good DJ's and have been in the industry for a long time. SHIT i'm only 21! But I think think they would agree w/ me. The 2 can't be compared. My 2 cents.

PLUR

Andrew =)

Tempkid your a godamn moron, when you know what your talking about then make an intelligent post. DANNY RE EDITS SONGS AND BURNS THEM TO CD's THAT MEANS HE TAKES AND ORIGINAL SONG AND REMIXES IT FOR HIMSELF TO PLAY AT VINYL, HE ISN'T GONNA WASTE THE MONEY TO MAKE AN ACETATE...THATS #1, #2 You wanna talk about CD's every NJ DJ you mentioned uses CD's, Tsettos has played PRE MIXED CD's in the past and there are plenty of people who can attest to that fact SO SHUT YOUR MOUTH, You worship a DJ who can't even work it LIVE, DT is probably the realest person in the industry there is not one bad thing you can say about him, if your gonna make some stupid comment about playing cd's then CHECK YOURSELF...MUSIC IS MUSIC NO MATTER WHERE IT IS PLAYED...MUSIC HAS NO BOUNDARIES...

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

Some of you guys are so ignorant, no disrespect to the people here that understand. Everyone missed one point. How many American DJ's are on the global underground series? OK, everyone goes nuts over Sasha's, Diggers, Oakie... but DT is the only true 'world class' DJ in town, and for the country in my opinion. I think Morales and many others are terrific as well, but ask anyone about DT's set at the WMC, it ROCKED waves that people are still talking about. And if you leave NYC do you really think anyone even knows who Tsettos and all them are? They all play the same "Euro Trance lite" crap. No journey, no feeling, everysong is like a big dramatic production. Any idiot with a few months experience mixing can do that. It takes a true artist like DT, Diggers and the rest of the "Global" DJ's to do that. And when NJ cheese dj's start making 5 figures, then we'll talk. And BTW, when peters can learn how to mix, Ill go back to the soundfactory.

"Do watcha wanna do....

Play how you wanna play...

Be watcha wanna be...."

HOOJ CHOONS 100 baby!

Who the fuck you calling a moran you bitch I'll house you. Name the time and the place. And as for everybody else who likes DT Im sorry I got a little out of control. I used love his shit at the Tunnel but since than I,ve been more into the hard proggrasive shit,but if you read my second reply I never dissed him or any of the other NY djs but then most of NYers started busting on the nj djs and I struck back on DT and I made some comments I didn't mean.As for Tsettos the poor guy blew up got labeled a super dj,comercialized,started making some loot and djed at the city's biggest club but the only problem is he's from NJ and the first from Jersey to do that,and of course nyers are going to bust on him, but if you hear his sets at Tempts you might change your mind,dont go by cds and ktu santcury sets.The fact is its KTU and he has to play a diffrent style,and there paying him money.As for ADV most of you never heard him spin.Most of you would agree that A-Z is for real.

Mike Mac is from jersey actually.....

He is one of the featured DJs on Extreme Groove Radio 92.7 FM 2-5 every saturday night.....if you want to learn more about him, check out an interview at www.musicplayer.com under the dj/dance channel.....

? for everyone - what about djs that live in nj or elsewhere and spin in nyc?? just wondering.... I am from manhattan if anyone was wondering.....

Mike Mac is from jersey actually.....

He is one of the featured DJs on Extreme Groove Radio 92.7 FM 2-5 every saturday night.....if you want to learn more about him, check out an interview at www.musicplayer.com under the dj/dance channel.....

? for everyone - what about djs that live in nj or elsewhere and spin in nyc?? just wondering.... I am from manhattan if anyone was wondering.....

Music is music. If it moves you and you like it then that is great. Why all the wars between NY and NJ? Some people live far from NYC and can't always make it to the BIG CITY to hear all the DJ's. Money is a factor for some people and making the "trip" (Driving to NYC) isn't always the #1 priority for everyone. I am open to listen to DT, JP and anyone else. Underground or Commercial, music is music. I love it all, and it really seems like most people on this board do as well. Lets keep it at that. I wish I had the time to check out Vinyl, Twilo, and the Roxy and all these other clubs in the city. I don't. I happen to go to EXIT and I like it. But like I said not everyone has the money and the time to check all the different places out. I wish I was as lucky as most of you people on this board. If I lived as close to NYC as most of you I would quit my bitchin and check out as many diff DJ's as I possibly could. Diversify yourselves.

CD or Acetate is not the issue here, the issue is the music. Enjoy the MUSIC!!!! That is why the DJ/Producers make it!

It's not true to say that DT is the only NY DJ that has respect on the European scene. NY DJ's are given massive respect.

JV

MAW

Roger Sanchez, Junior Sanchez

Eric Morrilo (and the whole Subliminal crew)

Todd Terry

Just to name a few, can all name there price. Eric Morrilo has a residancy @ the Ministry. JV ran a one off 10,000 people 10 hour set that sold out in a few days.... it just goes on and on.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

It's not just about the notes played, it's about the spaces in-between.

top.gif

almost, dude, almost.

Music is not music. SOme people have different motives for producing, as a lot of producers only want to makea product that will be accepted by the most amount of people and do well finanacially. Music is supposed to be an artform of expressing yourself and shooting for the $tar$ is not really expression since it does not have any of your soul.

There is also music that is jsut bad. Music can be minimal, but SIMPLE chords, riff, melodies, and all that good stuff make up inferior music. It is more accepted by the avg. listener and might be catchy, but that doesn't make it better.

As dor whether good music is played in nj vs NY, I really wish it was done in Hoboken, then I could walk to some good music. Riverst, bar none, and evolutions jsut dont cut it. Green man lounge plays some good tyunes as does love sexy, but we need more here.

Sal Parm, Jason Ojeda, tony Draper, Johnny Vicious, Eddie Baez, Junior, Robbie Rivera, Dj Boris, Louie Devito, Rob James..and then some.

Weak New Jersey Dj's may be making the venue a mainstay in jersey for the simple reason that they bring it up to mainstream par. The underground dj's that have made New york City the underground capital that it is, and who now remain unrivaled as the finest dj's in this country, will never be rivaled by the few decent dj's that new Jersey houses.

truthfully speaking, Tsettos is wholesomely weak and poses no threat to what we New Yorkers know far too wel.... what you weak Holland tunnel/Lincoln tunnel/NJ transit kids are learning now.

Your clubs are of no comparison....and your dj's will remain second rate.

The dj's who sculpt the New York nightlife produce/spin styles of house music that could never be conceived by any New Jersey dj, let alone Tsettos.

New york dj's bring the flavor, originality, and the true evil into house music...that type of evil that can be found nowhere else, other than New york (or Germany). Once that flavor has been done and established, the New Jersey venues then do what is known as "The Adoption process."

Overall...Jersey venues are weak, the dj's are weak and the flavor lags FAR behind us.

I agree with Tempkid, your so full of yourself and your NY DJ's and living in the past. First of all, thats a bold statement to make, "that that kind of evil can be found no where else, except Germany," because not only Germany, but most of Europe such as England. NY or NJ can compare to Europe because thats where it originated from buddy. Second of all, everyone keeps saying the same thing, NY DJ's started the underground etc., good for them, all I'm saying is NJ is just finishing what you started and thats the problem you cant accept. Give credit where credits due.

Peace

If you look at this objectively.....NY DJ's (and I mean the ones playing in NY clubs, they don't have to be from NY) are far superior than NJ, because of the simple fact that NY is the club capital of the USA (that is for another discussion). It's true, it's true! There is a richer history in NY, and the top DJ's want to play here. That cannot be disputed. Second, who cares where a DJ is from? If he can rip it, than he can come from the sewer for all I care. Third....AH IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT MY THIRD STATEMENT IS! I'm going to bed!

LordGalactus

I'm Tired......

This topic was about djs not clubs. I agree that NY clubs are better than NJ clubs, but in the summer time I perfer to go to the shore, and then by october I'll be pumped to go to the city clubs like LL SF and Exit. Dont you guys get sick of going to the same club every weekend all year round.

Originally posted by tempkid:

This topic was about djs not clubs. I agree that NY clubs are better than NJ clubs, but in the summer time I perfer to go to the shore, and then by october I'll be pumped to go to the city clubs like LL SF and Exit. Dont you guys get sick of going to the same club every weekend all year round.

Not really.....I go to different clubs when I go on vacation. When I am home, I go to the clubs that work for me. To tell you the truth, NY clubs have spoiled me. Everything else just seems like there's something missing. But then again, it goes back to the same theme, whatever makes you happy , go and do it, and screw what anybody else thinks.

• 2 weeks later...

You should make a correction to that statement....Jersey Dj's are hardly finishing what New York Dj's started....they are helping to spread it.....to places that couldn't appreciate it to the fullest potential and more importantly....

.......they are doing a horrible job at spreading it. The word adopting it and simply passing on a weak taste of it is more like it, buddy.

Enjoy the music