Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Beauty = respect ???

All right.. ---dusting off hands---

Who wants to fight ME now?

I'm in the mood for some verbal sparring right about now.

Anyone, anyone? Beuller, Beuller?

Any takers?

Pfft......... thought so!!

cwm41.gif

------------------

gohanssj2.gifBabymin1.gif

<I'm a Fire-starter>

<Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee!!> <I got the glow, baby!!

Can ya feel it?!? Now back up and give me some dancin' room!!>

--- When the Artful speaks

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

OMG.. I read the post yesterday when it was all about the topic but since then all hell broke loose..

That's exactly what I tried to say earlier. Sorry bungee...I know it's none of my business and I don't even want to tell anyone off.... I'm def not in the position anyway. But it's really strange how long this post is going on already and how it has totally changed it's character. It just seems that the "disagreeing" is getting so much more important.

------------------

an1701.gif

Originally posted by artful:

Any takers?

cwm41.gif

C'mon, artful, STEP UP! AAahahahaha. cwm2.gifcwm2.gif

------------------

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Originally posted by apotheosis:

Both sides do it.

Its the way the world works.

How about steppin out of a new car, and getting mad props, I didnt buy a nice car for that reason, but I cant say I dont enjoy that fringe benefit.

As for girls, I find the "grade B" girls tend to have more of a personality than the infuckincredible ones.

"Grade B"???? Alright - maybe you were aiming to make a point or something, but you just made yourself sound like a complete asshole. If the girl is cool and worth hanging out with, I think that makes her "Grade A" much quicker than any Barbie bitch...

Personally, if the cutie is devoid of personality, I can't make it through the night hanging out with him... no matter how hot he is.

- meli -

------------------

buttercup_02.icobubbles_06b.icobuttercup_07.icobubbles_03.icobuttercup_01.ico

"MeliChaCha -- Saving the world before bedtime... wait... I'm supposed to SLEEP?!"

"I've said it before and I'll say it again: Life moves pretty fast -- if you don't stop and look around every once in a while, you might miss it." - The incomparable Ferris Bueller

2001: THE YEAR OF THE CHACHA!!!

... and to all my people, "Peace -- and Humpty-ness forever!"

AIM: MeliChaCha

E-MAIL: MeliChaCha@powerpuff.com <--- new addy!

OR MeliChaCha@aol.com

Originally posted by vampienyc10:

<<< hiding under desk >>>

ohoh....

is there room for ME too?

hehehe

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Ya know....

Instead of wearing a big S on my shirt, I think I'll wear a B. Yep yep. <rolls her eyes>

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"Solitude gives birth to the original in us, beauty unfamiliar and perilous - to poetry." - Thomas Mann

Originally posted by ichi_gami:

Originally posted by artful:

Any takers?

cwm41.gif

C'mon, artful, STEP UP! AAahahahaha. cwm2.gifcwm2.gif

Your mom... ummm your mom is...... your mom's so dumb, she gave birth to you!!! Ahahahahaha.... take that!!

Can't fuck with that shit........ I got the ill material......... got you all speechless I know.......... don't get me started.

LOL --------joker laugh------------

------------------

gohanssj2.gifBabymin1.gif

<I'm a Fire-starter>

<Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee!!> <I got the glow, baby!!

Can ya feel it?!? Now back up and give me some dancin' room!!>

--- When the Artful speaks

Wow, you go home for a couple weeks and check back and see this.

But before this turns into another one of those gay "stop fighting" posts, I'll end the sappiness right there.

Because no matter how shitty of a guy everyone says he is (cuz I have never met him), apotheosis has a point, and everyone who attacks his point is taking the wrong angle. It's not a point of whether or not a person can be cool even if they're not good looking, or whether or not apotheosis can call a girl "grade a" or "grade b". I think his terminology was perfect. Everyone got what he meant - it's just some lame asshole decided to take offense to it, to make himself look like a sweet guy in front of all the "ladies" who read his posts. And then I hear people calling apotheosis fake for shit that has nothing at all to do with this topic. If you're a heterosexual guy, and you seriously take offense to the A/B thing (knowing of course that he was only referring to the way a woman looks outwardly and that the rating reflected in no way toward a woman as a whole) then I must say that's very fake as well. Because all men understand what he was saying and deep down understand that sort of a rating system - whether it's good or not, unfortunately.

It's almost a faux pas to try to save the topic now after ez and shadow and apotheosis have destroyed it (which needed to be done, apparently) but it's just so obvious that while beauty doesn't necessarily afford respect, per se, it does lower the amount of effort a person needs to put into attracting others to him or herself. That doesn't mean that everyone who has good looks is out there to attract guys, or girls.

SpoonyD said before that apotheosis was "strikingly naive to say something like 'an incredibly hot girl doesn't need much personality to get all the attention'. Like somehow all girls need to fulfill their lives is the attention of men." That, right there, is the essence of what everyone has been arguing about. Do you live in a cave? How can you call apotheosis naive and then go say something like that? It's fucked up! There's no substance at all! Think about it - there you are, sipping your drink at some bar, and in walks Jennifer Lopez. Are you going to say that heads would not turn, especially every guy's head in the entire place? Are you totally cracked out? And what's even more ridiculous is that you try to relate it to the big scheme of life, that girls should jockey for the attention of men. That's not what he said at all. In fact, it could be quite the opposite. I'm sure Jennifer Lopez, when she walks into your bar, doesn't need or want 50 guys staring at her. She can get that any time. But that doesn't change the fact that she gets attention. Just because she gets attention doesn't mean she is looking for it. You make no fucking sense. You should look at what you write. And stick to the fucking topic once in a while. Sorry I haven't, of course, but this topic has gone to shit by now anyway. It wasn't when you were kicking up dust.

You all call each other fake but then you're so worried about what your buddies will think that you toss in some fake bullshit of your own. Fuck that - say what you want to say. Apotheosis did, or at least, it looks like he did. Maybe he was lying, being the loser that all these guys say he is. I woudn't know. But fuck all of you for making him defend himself.

Until we meet again - flame on... cwm23.gifcwm23.gif

~~

------------------

ski_accident_md_wht.gif

"Happy the man, and happy he alone, he who can call today his own, he who, secure within, can say, 'Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have liv'd today'." - Horace

"Be excellent to each other." - Rufus

"Para no morir, tiene que bailar." - Ricky Martin

Originally posted by lmsadc69:

I woudn't know. But fuck all of you for making him defend himself.

First off, read the fucking posts before you make a long winded argument that pretty much says nothing and whines about everything.

I was arguing his fucking post... whether he was right or wrong or I was is besides the point... when someone decides not to argue but instead slings a personal attack which has nothing to do with the subject I suppose you consider that okay... again read the entire fucking thread before you make an ass of yourself by replying with another stupid ass comment.

And fuck you very much for your reply...

------------------

I had a dream... a wet dream... looks like God is pissing on me again...

caveman.gif

Originally posted by ezdreamer:

First off, read the fucking posts before you make a long winded argument that pretty much says nothing and whines about everything.

I was arguing his fucking post... whether he was right or wrong or I was is besides the point... when someone decides not to argue but instead slings a personal attack which has nothing to do with the subject I suppose you consider that okay... again read the entire fucking thread before you make an ass of yourself by replying with another stupid ass comment.

And fuck you very much for your reply...

No, no, no, I wasn't saying "fuck you for making him defend himself" in reference to the personal attacks. Sorry. That wasn't it at all. In fact, I think it's good that you bring this out, because the only way we know one another is through what we say and what others say about us. I was saying it because I think he had a legitimate point, AT THE BEGINNING, and a lot of people beat him up over it. It's simple. apotheosis just made the deadly mistake of forgetting to be politically correct on a board filled to the brim with some of the most brazenly PC people I have ever seen (or read, I guess, would be more appropriate).

I did read the posts. All 88 of them, right before I chimed in. The fact that I didn't choose to focus on your battle with apotheosis, but rather, on his other battle against those who took offense to his very first post shows not only that I respect your own personal feelings, but also, that I wanted to address the topic at hand.

I don't feel like I made an ass of myself at all; in fact, I'm sorry that you misunderstood my post, and that should end it. I'm not all for this happy, friendly shit if it's not appropriate, but I think there was a legitimate question about what I wrote, and for that I apologize.

I maintain that apotheosis, whether "right" or "wrong," should not have been attacked by everybody for saying what is probably in every guy's mind but just can't come out because of his own fear.

Lastly, I say nothing? Whine about everything? That's complete nonsense. Look again, look again. And don't fuck around. You're afraid, young man. Make sure I don't end up owning you.

Until then -

~~

------------------

ski_accident_md_wht.gif

"Happy the man, and happy he alone, he who can call today his own, he who, secure within, can say, 'Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have liv'd today'." - Horace

"Be excellent to each other." - Rufus

"Para no morir, tiene que bailar." - Ricky Martin

I did read the posts. All 88 of them, right before I chimed in. The fact that I didn't choose to focus on your battle with apotheosis, but rather, on his other battle against those who took offense to his very first post shows not only that I respect your own personal feelings, but also, that I wanted to address the topic at hand.

In that case my apologies...

I maintain that apotheosis, whether "right" or "wrong," should not have been attacked by everybody for saying what is probably in every guy's mind but just can't come out because of his own fear.

I don't know about everyone else, but I totally disagree with him... beauty is in the eye of the beholder... what I think is pretty may not be your type of pretty. Therefore who are we to put labels and tags... everyone else already shoves that shit down our throats.

Am I naive to say labels don't exist? Of course they exist, in every aspect of life... you can label everything... what I can do is give you an argument why it is wrong to use them... dismantle it piece by piece... get you thinking in a different way so maybe you can teach your friggin' kids a new way... a better way... this will prolly be the last time you hear any kinda sappy shit from me...

Where does it say that we gotta accept the way things are? Fuck no... I'm not for that at all, don't like it? Fucking start a goddamn revolution... do something about it. Start here and there... everywhere... it's pretty much how everything starts... one man/woman's idea.

I'm not one to preach... that's not me... but wrong is wrong... and two wrongs can be put right beginning with the last one in line.

About the actress thing... I met many an actress that looks wonderful on film... in person... well, not my kinda beauty and barely got a bleep on anyone's radar... I can give you loads of examples... but time is of an issue in this type of format...

------------------

caveman.gif

[This message has been edited by ezdreamer (edited 01-10-2001).]

Originally posted by shadowchaser:

No...i didn't mistake what he meant...he doesn't know jack shit...do not defend a person who you don't know...you'll only make an ass of yourself...

I wasn't defending anyone - I read what he wrote from a different angle...that's all....."Thank you, and goodnight."

------------------

"Spontaneity is the key to spice in life"

"Music makes the world go 'round...so keep it spinnin!"

Originally posted by jewel44317:

No...i didn't mistake what he meant...he doesn't know jack shit...do not defend a person who you don't know...you'll only make an ass of yourself...

I wasn't defending anyone - I read what he wrote from a different angle...that's all....."Thank you, and goodnight."

what angle? confused.gif

------------------

duvet.gif

got to let it ride, baby...

shadowchaser076@aol.com

exitsux@deeznutz.org

what angle? confused.gif

Sorry about all the posts...major computer problems - Anyway - I took him as saying that when he met Charlie, his impression was that on the inside, he was not a happy person. I'm not agreeing - but from an outside view, that's how it came off. Some people can *read* people from off the bat - thought maybe he was one of them. Maybe Apothesis is a schwanz - what the hell do I know - but u guys are gettin all fired up about this, and I'm just responding without taking anything personally....just wanted to clarify, now this thread is definitely finished.

------------------

"Spontaneity is the key to spice in life"

"Music makes the world go 'round...so keep it spinnin!"

Oh god no Charlie, this is from the moment I met you.

Right, and the first time I met you I didn't really wanna prejudge you... I said to myself nah, this guy can't be this fucking fake... let me give him a chance.

You turned out to be one of the fakest peeps I know on this board.

From the start you were full of shit... thinking you knew everything about anything... even simple shit... you said... you had rolling down to a science when we first met? You didn't even know how to use the fucking Vicks... I had to show that to you.

So I'm unhappy huh? Yes, around peeps I don't much care for I give a "I don't give a fuck look and get the fuck outta my face attitude!" Apparently I have been justified by what you have said thus far on this post and others.

DO NOT continue to reply or go down this road with me... I'll burn your ass with more examples than Ill House You ever gave on this board showing your true character. And I'm not talking out of my ass on this... facts and witnesses to back up what I say are there.

And before anyone thinks I attacked you first... I argued your post... nothing else... not your character... YOU made the first move on my character. You want unhappy from me? I can show you how unhappy I can be with someone...

You do not know me cause I never gave you the chance... but I have a pretty good fucking idea what kinda guy you are based on what I have seen thus far and based on other peeps accounts.

Still wanna dance? I'm game...

------------------

caveman.gif

Originally posted by jewel44317:

Vanity will never overpower love, trust, hope, and more then anything else, natural beauty.

cwm1.gif Also, I hear what ur sayin in ur post, but forgiveness can be very enlightening...I'm sayin, rather then "hate" people that were mean to you, realize that it's their own unhappiness that would cause them to be mean and shallow...in this way it's easier to forgive them, and realize that you are fortunate for being the wiser. cwm38.gif .....and if that doesn't work, then just dance your fargin ass off the next time you're at a club, and maybe that'll help ya feel a little better. cwm20.gif

Very wise words indeed!

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

Oh god no Charlie, this is from the moment I met you.

I really dont feel like getting involved.......However, knowing Charlie as well as I do, he definately isnt any more unhappy than anyone else. Moment you met him? Snap judgement?

Dont attack good people without prevocation.

------------------

blacksunrising2.gif

You know what pisses me off about this whole thing...Some of you acting like your shit don't stink. Thinking that your all saints when all your really doing is ganging up on one person who was just stating an opinion that you don't even know whether he believes in or not. You fuckers make me laugh. Yeah you spoonyd, ezdreamer, whoever else was in on that.

What I get from apotheosis's comments is that he is trying to make a point that people compensate for what they don't have. Which is quite true, if you ever look around. He wasn't bad mouthing anybody. Yeah he used the term grade B, but you know what...I was never upset with a B ever in my life, and he said that B's have A's where A's have B's. So what he is really saying is that things have a way of equalizing. You fucks are so quick to bash someone without giving them a chance to explain themselves. That is some childish shit my friends...that is just what i see from this whole thing!!

------------------

Fatboy Slim is Fucking in Heaven!

Originally posted by funkysoulbro:

Yeah you spoonyd, ezdreamer, whoever else was in on that.

Hey, dipshit, bite me... and take your C brain right outta this fucking planet...

Is this holier than thou enough for you?

------------------

caveman.gif

Ok totally deep and off topic but smile.gif

After many years of being consumed by what other ppl think and driving myself nuts about appearances I've come to the conclusion you just have to look inward and make it an internal battle, not an external one.

Society is just always going to be about looks, but that doesnt mean every person will all the time. You take the good with the bad -- not everyone's going to like or be attracted to you, and you're not going to like/be attracted to everyone. To analyze each thing to death and kill yourself worrying about it is a waste of time and energy. Focusing on making yourself a little bit stronger - mentally, socially, physically, and emotionally -- is a lot more effective than worrying about everyone else -- you don't owe anyone anything but yourself (that's why working out or primping for other people isn't lasting -- you have to do it for yourself & gain the confidence along w/ the physical improvement)

There's two ways of looking at everything. Everyone has to learn how to look at themselves and their lives the positive way, it really cant be taught and it sometimes takes a lot of bad to get to the good. I used to freak about everything I DIDNT have, until I sat down and really made myself realize how much i DID have. And that in the physcial aspect (sorry for getting off topic) you have your own personal best and that's what you need to set your goal at , not someone's expectations or someone elses best...As long as I feel happy with what I've done for myself and who I am each day when I go to bed, thats good enough for me. And whoever doesn't accept that as me, thats their problem -- I wouldn't waste a moment of my time trying to please anyone else but myself.

When you really DO believe all that -- and I'll admit it took yrs for me to -- you wake up with a whole new outlook on life. You'll still have problems, but they wont seem so bad and won't last nearly as long

Aaight enuff -- steppin down from the lectern -- lol

A shallow suggestion (for the girls) GO GET YOUR MAKEUP AND COLORS DONE -- Im not advocating hiding behind a mask 24 7 but you dont knowwww how good that feels if you haven't done it! smile.gif Prescriptives in Bloomingdales is fierce, as for ASIF - hes amazing smile.gif

Rene

------------------

xoxo "Drugs may be the wrong path...but at least its a scenic route!" xoxo

MissDiva19@aol.com

[This message has been edited by MissDiva (edited 01-10-2001).]

man, dis sum gooooood shit! to be quite honest, i've been getting annoyed with some of the plurry, accept-everyone-and-everything motif that has been floating around like bits of corn shit in a toilet

and i KNOW you all know what corn shit is, from that "definitions of shit" that you probably received as spam email sometime in the past five years

if you don't know what it is, please follow these directions to better yourself as a person:

1. eat a lot of corn (on the cob or whole kernel in a can works best; for maximum results, avoid creamed corn)

2. maybe take a laxative or something to expedite the process

3. wait for a really good, earth-shattering bowel movement (you may have to suppress other smaller ones before the big drop)

4. examine results carefully

you have to admit that it can be flattering to be a trophy piece. everyone does both sides of the trophy displaying to some point. sometimes you dress nice to go to a fancy affair for someone. sometimes you take with you to a fancy affair someone who can hold his own in such company

i'd be more offended if someone thought they had to hide me from others

------------------

FOR SALE: ROOMMATE. CHEAP

Originally posted by deanna11:

sometimes you take with you to a fancy affair someone who can hold his own in such company

i'd be more offended if someone thought they had to hide me from others

In that case I rather bring a family member, like my dog...

------------------

caveman.gif

(...) I think he had a legitimate point, AT THE BEGINNING, and a lot of people beat him up over it.

(...) I maintain that apotheosis, whether "right" or "wrong," should not have been attacked by everybody for saying what is probably in every guy's mind but just can't come out because of his own fear. (...)

Man you are so on the point.

I agree with you and apotheosis. I didnt want to say anything cause then these guys start all this bashing.

I added something a while ago to a thread like this and this guy ezdreamer starts shit with me! I never even met or talked to anyone on this board and i can tell you from this shit these guys do I never want to.

and I thought the term grade a/b was a great reference term.

[This message has been edited by iggster (edited 01-10-2001).]