Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Name ONE single best book you have ever read.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the classics.. Especially Russian. Shakespeare is my fave though smile.gif Romeo & Juliet, King Lear, Othello, Hamlet.. I can read them a 1000 times and still love it. Russian - anything by Pushkin, Lermontov, Bulgakov, Strygatskie.. All the good stuff smile.gif I loved Les Miserables, Faust.. Love everything by Jack London, Wells, Mark Twain, oh god there's more... I used to read much more when I was younger.. There's so much good stuff out there..

Ooops, was supposed to pick 1.. I can never pick 1 favorite..

[This message has been edited by mysteriousss (edited 01-26-2001).]

On The Road - Jack Keroac (sp?)

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

Fridays - Cream, NYC

1/19 - NAMM, Los Angeles

1/27 - Arena, ALbany NY

2/10 - Club Deep, Long Island

2/17 - Slopes, Hunter Mountain

2/24 - Arena, Albany NY

Sat Feb. 3rd - 92.7 & 98.5 FM 3-5am

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

Originally posted by russ reign:

On The Road - Jack Keroac (sp?)

I must agree with Russ!

Although, Celestine Prophecy was off the hook and so is Electric Koolaid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe

------------------

A bag of KB's, $60

A glass bowl, $85

A lighter, $ 1

GETTING HIGH, PRICELESS!!

Fingerprints of the Gods by Graham Hancock....absolutely the best book I've read in a while. If your into mysteries like the Pyramids of Giza, or Macchu Picchu, or the Nazca Lines, then you'll love this book....trust me.

cwm7.gif

------------------

fondo2.gif

My first book - ABC

It had pictures of C for Cats, D for dogs, T for Tree...

And it tought me to read, without it all the other books listed here would be useless smile.gif

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

When the party was in progress and unidentified frequency has been existing in the system for some time - Freak Frequency

bsb2.GIF

some books that are listed here are great...someon actually said "GREAT GATSBY" wow...Carl Sagan....etc etc..how 'bout Kafka and Emily Dickenson's writing...

but to answer the question..i'd have to say

The New Testement "Bible" I forgot the version that i have but the small pocket sized Gideons' is OK too...

I've read the bible new and old...and must say it had the most impact on me..

other books to note are

Edgar Cayce's 10 Most Important Questions

Anthony Robbin's Unlimited Power

"The Genius of Morphy" story and games of Paul Morphy who was a great chess player..

reviewing his game is awe inspiring...

"Profile of a Prodigy" The games and story of Bobby Fischer

Life and Time of Albert Einstien

My Kumfe the story of Adolf Hitler

"Gambit's Chocolate Starfish" an account of New Years' Eve in SF ////LOL j/k on that one.

"Conversations With God" by Neale Donald Walsh

Thought "Celestine Prophecy" was the best, until I came upon this one.

Troy

------------------

There's so many ways to do it, there's so many ways to see.

But the only way to do it, is to do it properly.

~Robert Clivilles & David Cole

Originally posted by j303j:

catcher in the rye. i just love this book. i must have read it a hundred times and can never get bored of it. cwm3.gif

did you know all the famous assassins were obsessed with that book . . .

------------------

Life is too short to be small.

Originally posted by j303j:

catcher in the rye. i just love this book. i must have read it a hundred times and can never get bored of it. cwm3.gif

here's some stuff for you that will make you think . . .

"Holden Caulfield, the misunderstood anti-hero of "The Catcher in the Rye," and unintentional spiritual guide for stalkers and assassins, fantasized about being deaf and mute and living in a cabin in the woods, communicating in scribbled notes with his deaf-mute spouse. "

"To some extent, of course, Salinger's reticence is understandable. I am not one whose adolescence was transformed by reading The Catcher in the Rye -- I thought the book was amusing, but its hero, Holden Caulfield, an idiot -- yet it has acquired a cult following in the half-century since it was published. Some of its most fervent fans are clearly unbalanced, and a surprising number of modern assassins -- John Hinckley, Mark David Chapman, Arthur Bremer, among others -- were found to have it in their possession"

"... the CIA maintained training camps for assassins at the time. 40 Whether Chapman ... to

read his copy of The Catcher in the Rye when amazed New York City police ...

"

"like Mark Chapman and John Hinckley, kept copies of A Catcher in the Rye, and that

many alleged assassins -- James Earl Ray, John Wilkes Booth, and Lee Harvey ... "

------------------

Life is too short to be small.

Snowcrash is definatly up there. I'm liking Gibsons new stuff better than the older stuff, Idoru is my favorite of his, Mona Lisa Overdrive is second and I'm reading his new one, All Tommorows Parties now.. i think he just gets better.

I stayed up half last night reading The Coldest Winter Ever by Sister Souljah, a little self serving but a really good period peice.

picking just one is soo difficult, but...

1. The Bridge of San Luis Rey, Thornton Wilder

(second, The Celestine Prophecy -we should have a user group meeting on this one; third, Childhoods End, Arthur C. Clark - awesome sci-fi book).

------------------

house_music.gif

catcher in the rye was a great book

surprised there haven't been more outsiders fans

anyway for me..

one flew over the cuckoos nest- ken kesey

the school for wives- jean baptiste poquelin(moliere)

the illiad of homer (always a sucker for war stories)

vietnam a history- stanley karnow

studies on hysteria- sigmund freud

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

I can't pick just one. Here are a few...

Johnathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach

Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet

The Power of Myth Joseph Campbell

Hyperion Series by Dan Simmons

Nine Stories by JD Salinger

Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbit

Winters Tale by William Shakespeare

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"Solitude gives birth to the original in us, beauty unfamiliar and perilous - to poetry." - Thomas Mann