Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My awful experience at Twilo (DT/CC Night)

Yes I was there!!! Well, sort of:

In a strange twist of events, Vic and I decided to go at the very last minute against my hibernation policy. We got to Twilo around 2:15am and stood online...and stood...and shivered...and stood...3 HOURS later we are 30 feet from the door after making our way down the whole block. So now it's 5:15am and me an Vic (and Brian "Crossy") are still there trying to get in...freezing...we lost the feeling in our feet...not a good scene...but still determined.

So at 5:30, the dick at the door says "The doors are closed and will be for at least an hour and a half, maybe more". So I'm thinking "We got here at 2:15am...now there's a 'maybe' that we might get in for 7 or later---from 2:15am!!! Fuck this!!!" So after all that, we left. I was told that Danny would only be on till about 10am so we didn't want to blow $70 for 3 hours and everyone coming out said it was so crazy and crowded inside that it wasn't worth it....so very uptight and angry, we left and spent yet another $35 to get home. So in total...$70 in cab fare to stand in the cold all night and lose feeling in our feet for 3 hours to end up back at home!!!! It really sucked!!!

In my opinion, the should have sold tickets or at least warn the crowd on line that they would probably not get in. There will always be cabs pulling up an people coming to check it out...if the place is filled beyond fire-code capacity, why do they need another 1,000 standing on a line for 5 hours? Not cool.

On a positive note, I make my official comeback Saturday night 2/24 at Twilo--I hope you can all make it. I'll "bump" my original message about it.

------------------

Peace,Love & Hairgrease,

Rich Suede

mylight.gif

sorry to hear that, i waited on line for 2 hours. i was thinking about leaving but i said to myself, ive been waiting for this for 3 months, theres no way im backing out now!!!

but yes, it was fawkin freezing out there!!!

i only regret not leaving my house earlier, but i knew what i was getting myself into.

Your times are a bit off because i got to twilo at 3:30 am and eventually got inside at 5:30 am on the dot. Yeah, the doormen kept yelling at that the doors were closed for at least 1 hour between 4:30 and 5 but they started letting people back in at like 5:15. Too bad cause you missed a great set. but it was way to crowded.

I got home from a lil' boozin' at 2am, decided to lay down and sober up for an hour, and then head on over. Next thing I know it's 4am and my stereo's been blasting Tall Paul for an hour - how my neighbors didn't break down my door is still beyond me. And I was sober and everything and... for some strange reason I turned off the alarm, rolled over and went to sleep again. Damn it, that's what real men do! cwm26.gif

got in line about 3:30-from FUN, stood in line until 5:00 when the doorman yells, the doors will be closed for at least an hour...and we may not get in. Was rolling so I wasn't cold thank god, but all my people where cold and complaining, so we left. If I had my way-we would have stayed until we got in even if it was packed...still would have had fun. Well, until next time....

Honestly, I wouldn't wait that long to see anyone or anything, not in the cold at least. Sorry to hear about that Rich!

------------------

blultbar.gifcathysignature.jpgblossom002.gif

"A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions."

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

I was right there in line with you...except I stayed and eventually got in. I knew they were bullshitting about closing the doors for two hours. Twilo is a business and they are going to try to make as much money as possible by cramming in as many people as possible. It's getting crazy. It shocks me that I waited in line for 3 hours to see Danny at Twilo when I see him practically every week at vinyl. Oh well, it was a sick show and when it comes down to it, I'm a dancing fool.

------------------

------------------------

I'm a slut...I make love to music every night

we holed up in the VIP all night. sucked not being with all the enrgy on the main floor, but worthy bc we had room to dance! once they reopened the front doors to the VIP, around 6(?) i began making "scouting" expiditions downstairs. at 7:30 AM, i went to the main floor and after two minutes of squeezing through the crowd near the ramp entrance, i was still only at the edge of the floor! crowded? yes, very, very crowded. rather than complain about the crowd, id rather admire the DJs for gathering such a following-- intense, diverse, and fun.

------------------

i love music!