Clubplanet Nightlife Community

To all the people who just discovered Danny

Originally posted by cazz926:

Please don't come to Vinyl, it's the last great vibe left in NYC, and we really don't need the crackheads and glowsticks.

You wouldn't like it, anyway. There's no farting discoball and the staff is cool

Thanks!

what happened to you sunday nerd? got your message the next day cuz i left my phone at home.

you had a choice of going to see lil louis@vinyl, which is available on a weekly basis, or see danny@twilo, which is not available on a weekly basis. and to add to that the dc crew was in town. i hope lil louis rocked your world, though i doubt you even made it to vinyl. what a nerd...

------------------

chronic is the answer...

Hey p00h, They had a paradise garage night, that's NOT every week. And I was hoping the DC people would change their mind. I missed you guys this weekend...and for the record, Little Louie DID rock my world.

Housemusic4ever: I would love to have more people enjoy Danny, but that ain't the way it goes.

kaspr: Thoroughly enjoying it, thanks again.

Charrails: "poopies" from "bestchester?" I rest my case.

PS

THERE IS NO CLOSET AT VINYL OR PRIVATE AMBULANCE, PLEASE ACT ACCORDINGLY

i'm one of those people who just discovered danny, I am planning on going to see danny at vinyl, I'm no crackhead, i suck at glowsticks. I hope just because I like twilo it doesn't ruin your vibe, im there for the music and dj's ... i hope you understand if I see you on friday..

-_-Mikey-_-

------------------

tt1.jpg

Party Lights, Party Lights, its not a party without the lights

Originally posted by clubmouse:

i'm one of those people who just discovered danny, I am planning on going to see danny at vinyl, I'm no crackhead, i suck at glowsticks. I hope just because I like twilo it doesn't ruin your vibe, im there for the music and dj's ... i hope you understand if I see you on friday..

-_-Mikey-_-

Access granted...more like YOU!!!

Charrails: "poopies" from "bestchester?" I rest my case.

Hey I guess I was tryin to be funny instead of getting on your case, but your post was kind of...lets say...condescending and close minded....

"stay out of vinyl...we don't need crackheads...etc..." If the place was full of people whose thoughts are "stay the F out if you aren't already a vinyl-head", then I'd say the vibe sucked...and I doubt it's like that...why get on the board and post something like that...? Do you really think that the attitude was cause it was Twilo? I think it has more to do with the fact that you COULDN't MOVE let alone DANCE in there on Sunday...and even the coolest most laid back kids were getting annoyed....

Sorry to go off...BUT although I hear that you don't want Vinyl to get mobbed, your post made me laugh...cuz someone who supposedly contributes to the "last great vibe" would be more open to new people than the way you sound...and I've heard Danny before...not at Vinyl yet, though...the funny thing is that the biggest complaint I've heard about Vinyl is that its more cracked out than other clubs......that's one of the things that kept us away from there...

"Bestchester"...sorry I'm not as styling as you...

Bottom line- I just don't like when people post things like "stay the fuck out of my favorite club...etc..." it just makes them look stupid....I'd rather not get into all the drama, so I just wanted to make a joke.... I'll try to stick to more adult and stylish words in the future.......my bad......

I guess I also took slight offense, since I hit twilo up a lot, and I don't have an attitude, and I love to dance, and I'm not a crackhead, and I'd like to meet many new people...I expected that the people at Vinyl would be chill and want to see lots of people become DT heads....

I don't think you have to worry about Vinyl getting too packed just cuz of this one event...IF, on the other hand, DT/CC or any other HUGE names do a tag team at Vinyl or anywhere, you're gonna see a huge turnout...there were vinyl regulars, DT heads, Twilo heads, crackheads, and Coxy fans all at the same place, PLUs people who just want to go to a huge event...Vinyl by itself isn't gonna have the same draw...

Well forget about the poopies...I thought that was funny at the moment....I still will try to hit up Vinyl once or twice..hope you don't mind...... cwm4.gifcwm22.gifcwm22.gifcwm12.gifcwm3.gif

[This message has been edited by charrails (edited 02-20-2001).]

Guest reginap

Sheesh...I didn't have the option to go see Danny at Twilo but I have seen him at Vinyl & I like BOTH places...true Vinyl is a lot smaller than Twilo but music should be enjoyed by everyone smile.gif I can understand that you don't want the vibe changed but hopefully people that like Danny will adapt to that vibe. And if they don't...saying "don't come" will just provoke the kind of people you DON'T want there...IMO biggrin.gif

------------------

=) reginadp121@aol.com

It was a just a joke, much like your poopies comment. My second post was another joke.

If you got offended it's prolly cuz your a crackhead or someone with glowsticks that's angry they live in Westchester.

(another joke), "lol".

C'mon, how could you take that seriously, I said 'farting discoball" for crying out loud.

(ok, maybe I was half-kidding)

I will say this: have you ever gone to Vinyl? There is an incredible vibe and energy level there. Let's be honest, a lot of times people don't go out "just for the music" and those are the people that can ruin a club. It's a rare thing, that is all seriousness, I would rather not change.

So, you see, it was joke that had some truth behind it, relax.

BTW, for someone that wanted to stay away from drama sure had a mouthful to say...

It was a just a joke, much like your poopies comment. My second post was another joke.

If you got offended it's prolly cuz your a crackhead or someone with glowsticks that's angry they live in Westchester.

(another joke), "lol".

C'mon, how could you take that seriously, I said 'farting discoball" for crying out loud.

I will say this: have you ever gone to Vinyl? There is an incredible vibe and energy level there. Let's be honest, a lot of times people don't go out "just for the music" and those are the people that can ruin a club. It's a rare thing, that is all seriousness, I would rather not change.

BTW, for someone that wanted to stay away from drama sure had a mouthful to say...

PS

THERE IS NO CLOSET AT VINYL OR PRIVATE AMBULANCE, PLEASE ACT ACCORDINGLY

I've got tears rolling down my face from laught so hard...That joke 'bout Private Ambulance is too fuckin' funny..but I still love Twilo..and yes I'll be there for Digweed this friday...

I love Vinyl too, though I can't say I'm not or I am a glow stick person I'll say it doesn't really bother me to see kids swing them 'round...there kids what 'ya expect from them...somea are actually pretty good at though....and as for the people OD'ing on stuff...Oh well that's life I wish it wasn't like that...but I stiiil love Twilo...Twilo Twilo...and yeah of course I love Vinyl too...I love vinyl,,,I love SF...I don't really like Exit so much...I really loved Paul Oakenfold on Thanks Giving at the HAmmerstein ballroom...that is still my best nite to date ..and second is DT/CC this past Sunday!!!! Yeah Twilo and DT rock...Yeah Yeah True true

Let's be honest, a lot of times people don't go out "just for the music" and those are the people that can ruin a club. It's a rare thing, that is all seriousness, I would rather not change.

I agree 100% with that......

but I don't agree with where you're directing it(Twilo that is)......maybe you mistake glow toys as significations of musical ingnorance.......that's ignorant and absurd.....can you make the connection for me?

Mikey

------------------

"Some I consider my girlfriends, and some I just consider" - John Bender

(another joke), "lol".

I did say a lot, I admit...I didn't say I wasn't a rambler..I wasn't trying to be rude...

On this board you can't say much without getting ripped apart, and it's tough to read someone else's post without playing devils advocate.....I get caught up sometimes...plus I'm kinda shot here after this crazy weekend....

I like watching people with talent on the glowsticks, its fun...it is kinda cheesy sometimes when everyone has them and half of them can't liquid at all (I'm part of that half- so I don't attempt it...some of my friends are ill, though...)

I can't say I've been to Vinyl yet...I do want to go, though...and I think you'll be pleased to know that me/my crew is all there for the music...even some of the kids who didn't like it as much at first...we always go to the place where a DJ we want to hear is spinning, we all dance, we don't always do "EXcstra curricular activities" (sometimes though...LOL), Actually I'm a resident DJ in my basement....I love all types of beats, and when I was at CC/DT I was impressed by the music/mixing, and thought the crowd kinda sucked...each person may have been cool, but when its that packed, you just keep getting pushed in the shuffle and can't get your groove on, everyone ends up losing their patience and gets a little too pushy....I think it'll be better to hear DT at Vinyl (I used to catch him @ tunnel but I'd guess he has more artistic license at Vinyl...)

might as well let poopies be poopies and by gones be by gones.... (that's one of the first times I ever said that- (the bygones part...)

anyway....you know what is really making Twilo have a slightly bad vibe? the staff/owners....they let too many people in, and are rude to everyone once inside...If they want more money, they should charge $40, and let the right amount of people in...have you checked Twilo out on a less popular night? I bet you'd dig Steve Lawler...his first night of his residency was chill as hell, we met so many people and everyone was really there for the music (either they like lawler or they just are down to hear someone new)....people call Lawler the DT of the UK...

Question- was DT's style from 4-6 totally different than his usual style? he played really hard dark stuff, tech house etc...I've heard that he's gotten into techno lately, and also he had to pick up where Coxy left off, but I always thought his style would be kind of deep/groovy, and I'm more into progressive/hard stuff.....he hit me off lovely on Sunday...we were so hurtin from a party we threw on Sat. and the crowd was too much, so we missed the afterhours...(6:30 and on....)

SEE? I ramble on....and on....and on....that's my biggest fault (I hope)

cwm1.gif

let us all just get one thing straight .. there is not a single club in the world where everyone on any given night would be there just for the music ... I went for the "NIGHTSHIFT" event to Bar 169 yesterday (Psy-trancers do not have too many other choices in NY), and there were ppl even there that were not there for the music itself. That too in a place as obscure as that, on a tuesday night!!!!

Twilo is one of the best known clubs in the world, and Vinyl is well known at least in NY circles. Clubs in general suck, you will never get a good (a truly good!!) vibe off of them, they are always waaaaaayyyy too crowded for that.

You need to have an open space and a circle around you where you can move at least more than an inch.

Want a real vibe? Go to Morocco, go to Israel, go to Goa, go to South Africe, go to Zambia .. but do not under any circumstances go to Ibiza .. its overcrowded and full of plastic.

Looking for an option closer to home, travel to San Francisco, go to Burning Man .. etc.

IMO.

so does this mean i am not allowed to go to VINYL just cause im not a regular...???

what ever happened to PLUR and the love for music?? i really want to go to vinyl this friday but if im not welcome with open arms by the regulars then i wont....its called respect...thats the "R" of PLUR!

------------------

"Beware of PHAZON"

world_hj50.jpg

"The Future is Now...

forget the past...presents gone until the gorgeous night.

.Outraged, mindblowing nightmares....end up..

in the never ending.. FIGHT"

I wouldn't worry too much about everyone flocking to Vinyl. My experience with this board is that every show that goes down at Twilo was "the best show ever!". Everyone is riding the high of the weekend. (remember PVD last week). Next week it will be Digweed and so on. I think it is amazing that we have Danny playing at Vinyl every friday. It's dangerous because no matter what I am doing friday, I somehow manage to end up at vinyl.

Love the DJ's Twilo has been pulling lately but I can't deal with the number of people. I like saving it for a special occasion and popping in at 5. Problem is that the next six weeks is packed full of special occasions. Oh well. We are lucky to have all of this. That's all I have to say.

Please don't come to Vinyl, it's the last great vibe left in NYC, and we really don't need the crackheads and glowsticks.

You wouldn't like it, anyway. There's no farting discoball and the staff is cool

Thanks!

it's the last great vibe left in NYC

Wow, so does that mean that everyone acts as concieted?

You wouldn't like it, anyway.

Why cause its the "last great Vibe?"

What the hell is up with that? For you information, the Vibe at Twilo is incredible....Not to mention the vibe which was recieved by the Vinyl crowd. Both 100% awesome, and both totally different.

Just because the 2 vibe are different, Doesnt meant that you one you aren't a part of is a bad one.

the vinyl Vibe is wonderful, but your attitude belongs at Exit.

My $0.02

------------------

-----"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

-----"We where somewhere in the desert, near barstow....when the drugs began to kick in" -Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

lights!copy.jpgTrippintrance64sigcopy.jpglovepeacetwilo.jpg

AIM: fantom0680

actually i would beg to differ....the vibe at twilo sucks! you probably dont remember when Twilo was the shit (old Twilo..when it first opened)...I was there on Sunday to see the man perform on PHAZON (how could i not smile.gif ). That's about all I wanted to get out of Twilo; seeing Danny perform. My observations of the new & "improved" TWILO, at least 40% of the people standing around the floor until they left about 7 - 8 - 9 (guess the MASSIVE amounts of drugs wore off)....then his followers came in, and did the party proper smile.gif 35% of the people didnt even know who the fuck was playing! Mad people on line just doing god knows what (you know what im talkin about). Back in the day, you would never see any of the above; NEVER! @ Twilo. Everyone wuz just there to dance, and thats it. You hardly ever used to see anybody sitting, and if you did, they were just resting for the next block of dancing, and NO, nobody used to drool/ pass out everywhere and anywhere..... Oh well. I wont bore you guys with my crying of spilled milk (coz its old). So yea, in following with Cazz's "joke", ALL CRACKHEADS STAY THE FUCK OUT OF VINYL. Even Vinyl's vibe is slowly deteriorating, but it is still somewhat intact. You wanna dance all night & here Danny whip magic on the decks, come there, because me, and I'm sure every other true head loves what Danny has become at vinyl. (I'm glad he snagged a residency there smile.gif ) You wanna be a sloth/ slug, stay in TWILO. And yes, I used to think Factory was crackhead-like (never used to be like that either, but thats another topic), but I now see TWILO has seen it fit to match those standards (well not on the same plane, but you know what I mean). Anyways, I got my venting out for the month. Peace guys smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Pershoot (edited 02-22-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Pershoot (edited 02-22-2001).]