Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ever go on a blind date??

9 out of ten times you get the craziest freaks, the shallowest morons or the lowest of the low.

but that 10th time its like magic smile.gif

my advice: you've got nothing to lose but an evening watching "sex in the city", and everything to gain. hey, even if it does go horribly horribly wrong at least you'll have a good story. just go with an open mind and you'll be ok.

peaz,

rob

ps go miniature golfing. this way if he gets out of line, you'll have a weapon in your hands smile.gif

When I was in High School I went on a few as a goof when chat lines first came out and a few more as a goof when AOL first came out.

The trick to winning a blind date is NEVER giving out a phone number you care too much about or too much personal information upfront(especially where you work or live or ex-gf\bf info). Having a cheap pre-paid cell phone with caller id is a good helpful item to have at your disposal.

Tell the person who you are meeting to meet you somewhere and find out EXACTLY what they will be wearing that night. Even better, have them wear something outstanding that an average peron wouldn't ever wear like a neon wristband or something retarded that makes them stand out.

Next, plot a surveilence point out ultimately above the meet-up point. Get to the meet up point early and map out a good spy point.

Around the time of the meet up, start spying on the meet up point. When you see the potential date wearing the clothing and unique item, scope them out for a few minutes. See if the date looks around lost and confused and sometimes checks the time for confirmation.

If the date looks fun and hot, go for it. If the date looks like something from prehistoric nuclear hell or a former cast member of a Richard Simmons commercial - RUN LIKE HELL!

I ended out of the 6 times I did it, 1 chat line date and 5 aol dates, with 4 really hot girls and I ran from one that looked like - well, she described herself as a model and a cheerleader - YEAH RIGHT!! She was like 400 lbs with glowing 3"nails and trailer park clothing with the old guidette hair style and tits down to her knees. I also ran from one that ended up looking like 10 years old with fur on the side of her face. YUCK!

Renegade 2001

------------------

Underground.jpg

Renegade's Website

djrenegadenyc@aol.com

big mistake, i actually had to leave during the middle of the date it was sooo bad

------------------

01200110.jpgcactus.gif

transcend

1. To pass beyond the limits of

2. To be greater than, as in intensity or power; surpass

3. To exist above and independent of (material experience or the universe)

Originally posted by dialectics:

ps go miniature golfing. this way if he gets out of line, you'll have a weapon in your hands smile.gif

oh man thats funny... LMAO!!! cwm27.gif

can't say ive never been on a blind date... too scared to see what would end up on my doorstep... cwm29.gif

------------------

poohvlieger.gif

life's a ride... pack light...

AIM: dELERiUM 540

can everyone please stop replying and start this thread under a new code name? because everytime i look at the list of topics i have to be reminded about how much that blind date sucked

------------------

1.jpg2.gifufo.gif

transcend

sig.jpg

Originally posted by apotheosis:

all was good until we went for white castle (hey it was 5am).

Lets just say floresent lights werent too kind to her.

I almost lost my appitite.

ALMOST lost your appetite. I love that!!

I've never been on a blind date perse but I did get a phone call from a guy who I met out one night when I was totally bombed. I didn't remember meeting him at all. But I figured that he must have been ok since I gave him my number and all.

So we go out to some dive bar and it's the middle of winter and he's wearing highwater pants and boat shoes without socks. He was such a glutton in his behavior that I was nearly sick just thinking about it. But he paid for everything so it wasn't a total loss.

SK13

------------------

Touch me in the morning

.............and last thing at night

Hahaha my first blind date was when i was 15 - it was so wretched and awkward... we ran out of things to talk about after 20 minutes. Somehow we ended up back at my house watching some lame movie with another pair on a blind date, and my dad walks through the door. normally he's mad cool about everything (i've had parties while he was home), but he just flipped out and made everyone leave... And I couldn't even walk her the whole way home. Yuck.

Anyway, last week I go back to my hometown in NJ and run into a friend of a friend. She's sweet, cute and she's been to amsterdam and i'm thinking "hey this could have some major potential". We're having dinner and she turns to me and says "I have a question.... Do you remember going on a blind date when you were 15???"

Oh man that sucked frown.gif

peaz,

Rob

Me! That's how I met my b/f...but he wasn't the date.

I was supposed to meet this guy at Exit. I was going with my friend Julie and her b/f. Then I found out her b/f had invited his friend Mike...I was pissed because I didn't want my blind date to think I had brought a back up. Mike met up with us and I thought he was cute smile.gif all that sparks flying stuff but I had to go meet this other guy so I refused to look at him.

Long story short the minute I met the other guy I knew that wasn't happening (nice guy but just not my personality type) but...Mike was just my type and the rest is history smile.gif

Yes, frightening as it is, we fell in love at Exit cwm31.gif . That's why I'll always have a thing for that place...too many memories there smile.gif

------------------

cathysignature.jpgblossom002_60_16256.gif

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

AIM: cathyoNYC

[This message has been edited by cathyo (edited 06-18-2001).]

No ive never been on a blind date- but i have been single so damn long that i would be up for it. so um if anyone knows of any single guys btw the ages of 22-26.... uhem uhem sorry didnt realize i was doing that outloud... cwm32.gifcwm38.gifcwm35.gif

------------------

*~*In 3 words I can sum up everything I have learned about life - IT GOES ON*~*

*~*Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but memories*~*

Aol~Tee0715~

Originally posted by apotheosis:

all was good until we went for white castle (hey it was 5am).

Lets just say floresent lights werent too kind to her.

I almost lost my appitite.

Hahahah!!! thats pretty funny....well now it is, but im sure at the time it wasnt lolol

but to answer the question, no thank god ive never been on a blind date!!

romy20

------------------

Clubchick20@hotmail.com

Aim: Romina321

Originally posted by dialectics:

Oh man that sucked frown.gif

lol yeah i bet

------------------

1.jpg2.gifufo.gif

transcend

sig.jpg

Oh boy...I did my share of blind dates when I was in college. The internet was just getting started so I was facinated with the IRC/mIRC. I ended up meeting a couple of guys through there. Nice guys, but got a lil' psycho. I couldn't get rid of one for over a year.

Then once the internet got a little more popular, I started using those matchmaker sites. I met a few guys through there.

#1 RULE: Always get a picture!!!!!!!

One guy drove all the way from Maryland (North western part), almost 8hrs to meet me. He sounded great, but looked like Fireman Bob. wink.gif I told him "IT" just wasn't there. I got him lunch, we spoke for 30 minutes and then he turned around and headed back to MD.

My last blind date (Oct 99) has now turned into my best experience. We've been living together for almost a year now. biggrin.gif

We still can't believe how it turned out.

------------------

pbctitle1.jpg

two blind dates in my history. the first guy was really good looking but after like two dates he started pressuring me for sex and i found out he was seeing someone else at the same time and trying to get busy with her too. so much for asking your church-going friends to fix you up w/ someone from their congregation so that you could meet a nice guy...

second blind date: well he wasn't my type, but he was a very nice person...he brought my cat a toothbrush (he had a free sample from somewhere) as a gift...it was a little unusual, & i've never forgotten it.

Never been and no intentions to ever go on one. I can't see any good in it anyway. I mean, what is this supposed to be: you meet someone you've never talked to, you don't even know if you get along at all and then you are spending time at a one-to-one date and have to come up with some "flowing" conversation...

Well maybe it is the European in me (or maybe I'm just weird...lol) but I've never been on a real date...period. At least not in the sense it is sometimes handled here. All the "dates" I've been on where with someone I knew already and had met through a different media...so it was rather an "intensifying a friendship" wink.gif

------------------

an1701.gif

AIM: flying77high

Email:flying77high@yahoo.com