Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Those Going To Pvd......

3 hours--dear god you guys...I am from Boston, but live down here and the Friday afternoon traffic on 95 to New Haven is rediculous. Plan for that part of the drive to take you 2:15-2:30 at least. Then you can jam from New Haven to Boston in 2 hours...Total plan for 5 hours and you'll be safe.

If you want to avoid the 95 hell, go 287 to 684 towards Brewster then hop in 84 in Danbury. Its a little longer, but you won't be stuck in traffic. Nice part of the state also...

If you want details, e-mail me at bwags17@yahoo.com

See everyone there, its gonna be sick!

Cheers.

Originally posted by e_bomb

WHAT TIME DO YOU RECCOMEND LEAVING THE CITY?????

Last friday my roomate went up to boston and he left the city at 5pm and got up to boston at midnight. he said the traffic sucked. Im leaving at 3pm to get there early and hang out. Plus I want to get a good spot so i can watch PVD tear it up because its gonna be packed!

i was in boston last week - left nyc on wednesday and came back on friday nite. i left nyc at 2pm, a really odd hour, and got to boston at 7pm, spent about fourty minutes standing on mass pike. going back to nyc on friday nite - a little over 5 hours. it will take you at least that much...

Originally posted by jimk29

You could also take the hutch which turns into the merritt. Take that all the way and you will see 91 north. Take that to mass pike east which takes you straight to boston. Wont take more than 4-4.5 hours.

This is definitly the best way to get there ... provided you don't go through Stamford at the worst of rush hour. But you should take 84 east when you get to Hartford instead of staying on 91. That would be an extra 45 minutes if you did!

The Merritt is not the best choice to take. It's only two lanes and full of peeps coming back from NY. It's stop and go all the way to milford. 95 loosens up once you get by Bridgeport. If you make it there by 4-5 you'll be ok. Taking the mass pike into Boston will only make things worse as well. 95 is the best bet period.

I live in boston and went to prep school in ct, near new haven. I go to nyc, and surrounding areas all the time. The fastest way is 95 to 91 to 84 to mass pike. You will then avoid all the traffic headed to guilford/madison area as well as the other long island sound areas. This is more direct as well. I can uaully make it to the triboro in 3 1/2 hours from downtown boston with no traffic, but you will definately experience the least amount of traffic going this way. Good luck. I will be at the show friday and hope it will be as good as the one I went to at twilo last year.

Nice--where did you go to prep school? So did I in NH.

The facts are that there will be tons of traffic on Friday afternoon no matter how thin you slice it. You will be fine once you hit 91 at New Haven. Just plan for 5 hours, das it.

95->91->84->90 = PVD Kicking our ass until those damn Puritan laws kick in and close the joint down at 2.

Cheers.

Hello all you drivers out there,

can someone please help me get to see my man? I actually already have my tix so I will be there, even if i have to walk, but then my dancing feet will be all sore, so help a sista out. I'm small, friendly and will give neck massages to the lucky driver while we're stuck in traffic on 95! thanks and see yall there