Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Meetup at Fubar

dw

Gotta make this quick - another fine meetup took place earlier tonight, this time at Fubar, at least of what I caught from 9 pm to close to 11 pm. It was great meeting familiar faces again and meeting new ones.

As scheduled, DaVe graced the event with his presence, and hooked us up with CP lighters. DaVe, someone brought up this idea: how about CP t-shirts and/or hats?

There were also some visitors from Texas - no, they didn't come just for the meetup, but it's great that they came and saw some of what CP is about.

The music was awesome! Does anyone know the name of the CD('s) that was played?

Oh yeah, the $4 drinks were quite tough to beat.

Lotsa wonderful opportunities for both CP and non-CP people-watching too.

Thanks to shugabooga for putting it together and to all involved who helped pull it off!

Believe it or not I was gonna make a suprise appearnce last night..

I EVEN DRESSED UP (well as much as I know how..)

And then Lavendermenace kidnapped me and draged me down to the ROXY...

(mmmuuuaaaah!)

Missed the frying pan but that girlie is the sweetest thing to grace these boards...

It was time well spent..

(and I've never had sooo much space to dance on a dancefloor like last night.)

***Sleep tight shanon...***

Hope you all had fun..

next time guys...

I PROMISE!

the meetup was awesome. loved seeing some oldies and meeting some new faces as wellllll......:)

thanks nyc420 for the puff...puff.. it helps with nausea everytime.

dave it was great to finally meet the man behind the board.....

the drinks were awesome, my not drinking till 8:00 last till 6:25, damn shuga....:)

-steph

i can't believe it's over already!!!! it was so much fun seeing everybody i took a lot of pictures but left the cameras in my friend's car so i'll get those back & get them developed asap. thanks DaVe for coming by it was great to meet you and thanks for the lighters!

the two cd's that i put in were TranceNation Jimmy Van M and Pete Tong Essential Mix - the one with plaid on it. Unfortunately the owner of the bar showed up and didn't like our music and asked that it be changed. well i spent about 20 minutes b.s.ing with the guy and now he loves us! they're opening a new bar in a few months and i told him we wanted to have a private party there.

RITA made an appearance on apotheosis' half, it was so great to see you!!!!! one of the highlights of the night!

:)

ok, i wasn't the only one that had a great time!

nice work on the sweet talking Shuga! Set a date and we'll come out again.

Where'd everyone go after? Me - a couple more hops, then the ROXY then some after partying. I even have a new hole in my body thanks to some ice and the evil bitch Janey :)

MUGZ - you were there? Didn't see you or your dog's hairy ass! What'd y'a think? Did you stay till close? Horrible crowd for a great dj (when he finally came on). Really like how they've fixed the place - such a great space.

Originally posted by barvybe

ok, i wasn't the only one that had a great time!

nice work on the sweet talking Shuga! Set a date and we'll come out again.

Where'd everyone go after? Me - a couple more hops, then the ROXY then some after partying. I even have a new hole in my body thanks to some ice and the evil bitch Janey :)

MUGZ - you were there? Didn't see you or your dog's hairy ass! What'd y'a think? Did you stay till close? Horrible crowd for a great dj (when he finally came on). Really like how they've fixed the place - such a great space.

WOW!

You where there too?!

Shit..man..

Yea..I thought the crowd blew..

but the music was great..Jazzy, housy and near the end really deep and dirty..

I actually loved the fact that the floor was so empty.

Roxy is such a great dance floor.

Though Lavendermenace ended up getting kicked out of the back couch area because they wanted people on the floor..

I fealt really bad for Farina..

I guess the East Coast isn't ready for the West Coast Acid Jazz-house shit..

(It's not my personal fav type of dance music either but I can apriciate talent..and Farina's def talented!)

I loved when he droped Mr.Scruff (off of the Filla Brazillia ANOTHERLATENIGHT CD!)

Too bad I missed you man!

headed over to jade terace at china .. sick venue ... def worth checkin out ... then over to baktun for bang the party ...then a quick stop into hogs and heffers for some boobies ... =)

Originally posted by mugwump

WOW!

You where there too?!

Shit..man..

Yea..I thought the crowd blew..

but the music was great..Jazzy, housy and near the end really deep and dirty..

I actually loved the fact that the floor was so empty.

Roxy is such a great dance floor.

Though Lavendermenace ended up getting kicked out of the back couch area because they wanted people on the floor..

I fealt really bad for Farina..

I guess the East Coast isn't ready for the West Coast Acid Jazz-house shit..

(It's not my personal fav type of dance music either but I can apriciate talent..and Farina's def talented!)

I loved when he droped Mr.Scruff (off of the Filla Brazillia ANOTHERLATENIGHT CD!)

Too bad I missed you man!

Yeah, with it so empty, hard to imagine missing you - except that i couldn't see straight :). This is like 3 near misses now - gonna try and sniff out your visored self from now on.

got kicked out of the back too, then headed up to the "VIP" area, then back to the floor.

yeah, farina's got mad skills - it sucks that no one turned out for him.

JoeyD - sounds like you had a good night too -

Anyone heard that Pavement song "I need to Sleep" - why won't you why won't you let me sleep?

Well, saw the dawn again and still not tired. Gonna head into town and wander around. :)

Yeah, with it so empty, hard to imagine missing you - except that i couldn't see straight :). This is like 3 near misses now - gonna try and sniff out your visored self from now on.

got kicked out of the back too, then headed up to the "VIP" area, then back to the floor.

yeah, farina's got mad skills - it sucks that no one turned out for him.

JoeyD - sounds like you had a good night too -

Anyone heard that Pavement song "I need to Sleep" - why won't you why won't you let me sleep?

Well, saw the dawn again and still not tired. Gonna head into town and wander around. :)

Damn!

Well Shannon and I where chilling on the couches until Farina kicked shit up..

then we danced all over the fuckin place..

I was wearing a RED shirt and jeans...

No visor..

I'm going for the more "mature" Mugz look now..

Next week It's all suits..and I'll be throwing terms out like "you look so money baby!"

Well gotta adapt to the times y'know!

Originally posted by mugwump

Damn!

Well Shannon and I where chilling on the couches until Farina kicked shit up..

then we danced all over the fuckin place..

I was wearing a RED shirt and jeans...

No visor..

I'm going for the more "mature" Mugz look now..

Next week It's all suits..and I'll be throwing terms out like "you look so money baby!"

Well gotta adapt to the times y'know!

SHANNON? is there another one? is lavendarmenace shannon also? kewl! now i really wanna meet her!

Originally posted by dw

Gotta make this quick - another fine meetup took place earlier tonight, this time at Fubar, at least of what I caught from 9 pm to close to 11 pm. It was great meeting familiar faces again and meeting new ones.

As scheduled, DaVe graced the event with his presence, and hooked us up with CP lighters. DaVe, someone brought up this idea: how about CP t-shirts and/or hats?

There were also some visitors from Texas - no, they didn't come just for the meetup, but it's great that they came and saw some of what CP is about.

The music was awesome! Does anyone know the name of the CD('s) that was played?

Oh yeah, the $4 drinks were quite tough to beat.

Lotsa wonderful opportunities for both CP and non-CP people-watching too.

Thanks to shugabooga for putting it together and to all involved who helped pull it off!

you know that's so cool that momotx (from houston) came with her husband & sister. ..last month at the ice bar meetup there was a girl there from boston! next month.....???

Hi all,

Just got home from Body & Soul...so long away from the computer.

Anyhows, It was great meeting everybody. Thanks again to Shugabooga for getting this whole thing together.

Hope to see everyone real soon. I'm off to wash some Central Park off of myself...

finally...just drove back to boston (husb. here on business)...back to a computer...so happy i did get to go to the meet-up at fubar...ya'll are so awesome! and many props to shuga for setting this one up...thanks to shuga and staceychase for their kind hospitality...cool place...very laid-back...cd's were good...now i've gotta find them...thanks to dave for the cp lighters...i had a great time! it was nice to finally put the screen names w/ the faces...i brought my camera w/ me, but i think i only got one or two pics...realized later that i spent a lot of time talking away, instead...we'll see after i get all my pics developed from this vacation...ya'll have definitely made this trip to the east coast very memorable!

:heart: