Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Glowsticks..photons...lights etc....is it in or has it passed its time???

ALot of headz say they hate glowsticks and there so "played out", but i still like to see them every once and awhile. My friend Joey D is deff the best person at strings you will ever see!!! he represents all over the city. I am sure you've seen him around, dark hair, wears glasses. idunnnnnno what ever i am rambling and i really gotta get out of work soon b4 i kill someone...

Originally posted by illlogik

ALot of headz say they hate glowsticks and there so "played out", but i still like to see them every once and awhile. My friend Joey D is deff the best person at strings you will ever see!!! he represents all over the city. I am sure you've seen him around, dark hair, wears glasses. idunnnnnno what ever i am rambling and i really gotta get out of work soon b4 i kill someone...

oh word I know joey....does he hang out wit NIck and Andrew????

Originally posted by roninmess

They are definitly in. I break out my Photons whenever I go out, and I'll be just flowing with them, when someone will ask me to bug them out. I love doing it for everyone... the looks on their faces is all I need :tongue:

really if we ever meet u gotta bug me out son

If anyone's like me, i use the glowsticks as an expression of myself (and occassionally to make people to bug out.) I have done acts, twirled excitedly and quickly, slow and sad, methodical and intense. As a personal form of expression, it can never go out of style.

Anyone else with me on this one?

:drunk:

Well, the strings in a crowded club at peak time is impossible, and shouldnt be done .

However, i like seeing ppl who do good glowstix.

I used to buy glowstix every time i went to the tunnel. Wasnt that good but i was *alright*

These days i got my lil red photons and trying to use them sparingly during the night.

Stix maybe in or out, dont really care about the latest trend!@

When ppl go out to a club they should worry only about having a great time not whether someone else is using or wearing something thats 'IN or OUT'. Be yourself, do whatever you feel like, as long as it doesnt hurt anyone else.

Rad_

Its past its time for the following reason.

99.9% of people at clubs today suck with glowsticks and lights.

Back in like '96 @ parties, and Unity there were GOOD liquid battles but nowadays its just losers with no skills doing the lame "figgure 8" way to fast and with no style. People dont even know the basics such as keeping the sticks pointed in opposite directions at all times when doing the 8. Anyone who partied back in the day knows what i mean.

Originally posted by ClubKid77

Its past its time for the following reason.

99.9% of people at clubs today suck with glowsticks and lights.

Back in like '96 @ parties, and Unity there were GOOD liquid battles but nowadays its just losers with no skills doing the lame "figgure 8" way to fast and with no style. People dont even know the basics such as keeping the sticks pointed in opposite directions at all times when doing the 8. Anyone who partied back in the day knows what i mean.

U R SOOOO RITE!!!!.... these new club kids think they're at a rave....but i bet half of them never have been to one....they think hittin clubs like twilo, sound factory and exit makes them a raver....but i totally agree wit u....da lite stixs r out...plus ur rite that the clubbers now can't even do the liquid rite...doing them way to fast...not even in rhythem wit the music...thinking that just waving their hands in front of their face is even good.....i dunno but the lite stixs "i feel" r corny and played.... these club kids want peeps attention by waving these stixs....but my dancin alone gets the attention. i feel dat it takes more skill to dance without them stixs cuz ur not just standin there in one position doing dat damn "figure 8" motion.

who cares if its "IN"....

people who get all upset cuz you got glowsticks gotta relax......

I never really did them, but I enjoy a good show....I agree people who completely suck shouldn't jump in the middle of a circle, but besides that, why sweat it if someone wants to liquid? even if they're bad?

I think being all about "in style" is somewhat "out".....I mean, just come out and have fun...if you want sticks, bring 'em...if you don't, don't....but let people do whatever they want....I don't see why it bother's people so much...a lotta people are just jumping on another bandwagon....(the "anti-sticks" bandwagon)

Originally posted by clubhead32

let me know what u guys think out there???

and who here is the best glowsticker on the board???

'

glowsticks - no doubt -- but BIOTCH let's get at the topic at hand here.....

WHAT WHOLE DID YOU FALL IN BRO?????????

I was just talking about you and Tino with Chuck wondering what the hell happend to you guys....haven't seen you since TWILO....

email me dude - get in touch PLEEEEEASE....miss you guys...

:cool: Renee (exodust420@hotmail.com)

i really am not a fan! i think it lose so gay when someone is playing with glowsticks!! especially since none of them really know what they are doing....DON"T GET ME WRONG~~it's great to watch someone who rips shit on strings or whatever....but not many people can! and i also think it is corny when people are fucked up and all in each others faces with the glowsticks! not for nothing~~but do u realize how stupid u look??!:rolleyes: i don't get ripped anymore but when i did and soemone came up to me like that....it did nothing but make me wonder what this asshole was trying to accomplish....i usually walked away! <<no offense to anyone>>

Do what you feel, but don't hurt anyone else.

I have to agree that Glowstix are fun when twirled right, but I think that most people forget to change it up from time to time, going around in an infinite figure 8 is pointless and repetitive.

You have to vary your whole body movement while using them, then It'll look cool.

Umm, DO you really care that much into how you look at a club?

MAybe you just go for the pickup scence? If yea then sorry, i guess you really do concentrate on how good or glamorous you look at a club.

If ppl wanna shine lights in their faces, who cares how they look as long as their enjoying themselves.

Man, people should really stop showing off in clubs and parties and stop looking so much at what other ppl do.

Rad_