Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rutgers Students

Senior on college ave in Easton Ave. apts. So how often does everyone venture out into the city and do you drive or train? I'm going out tonight to Vinyl for Dave Seaman, anyone interested? There are lots of Rutgers peeps on CP, I didn't think anyone down here had taste in music, but I guess i'm wrong.

Originally posted by fanto1

I go to Rutgers!!!!! Im in Rutgers College but they put all the transfers in the Quads in Livingston..it SUX!!! .Im trying to get a dorm on College Ave for next semester.

Are you in Quad 2? I am over in Quad 1, house 10. They stuck me in the wellness house, and to make it worse, I am on the fourth floor (yuk).

Originally posted by jennEfer

Are you in Quad 2? I am over in Quad 1, house 10. They stuck me in the wellness house, and to make it worse, I am on the fourth floor (yuk).

My friend lives in House 15 in Quad 1 and another in 21 in Quad 2. The Quads arent that bad though. I'm on Busch the BAMM Dorms (the boring campus, but I'm trying to change that). Don't ask why I picked it, well the rooms are nicer, cleaner, better for studying, and air conditioned, but night life over here absolutely sucks.

Now that we have this thread started...Teklord how about that meet -up for all the Rutgers people!

Yo, I used to live in Quad 2, House 22 my freshman year. That was the best year for me! So much partying...it was easy to get away from the preceptors because they were all downstairs on the ground floor. Teklord...I used to live in Easton Ave. Apts too...805 and 915. Do you ever go to Harvest Moon on Tuesdays to check out the music? It's better than any of the Rutgers bars. I wanna go see Dave Seaman tonight, but I'll be in Philly with friends. Have fun...whoever goes there!

mike

yo i just transfered to rutgers from ucsc.. my parents live in jersey ive been commuting to nb for a month now and still havent gotten a chance to go out to the city (one of the reasons i came back to the east coast) and party .. i think one of my boys and me are going to see bassment jaxx at roseland on the 20th anyone going? i have really met anyone besides my entire highschool at rutgers... reply or pm me

You mentioned Harvest moon for the better tues. night party, I def agree. Those guys are good friends of mine...the best tech house all night! If you likea tribal/progressive sound check out Gaebels Mon nights..No Cover. Very "Twilo-ish" sound. The dance floor is much bigger than the Moon also. It is on Church street. across from the parking deck. Starts around 10:30.

Originally posted by john_michael0494

You mentioned Harvest moon for the better tues. night party, I def agree. Those guys are good friends of mine...the best tech house all night! If you likea tribal/progressive sound check out Gaebels Mon nights..No Cover. Very "Twilo-ish" sound. The dance floor is much bigger than the Moon also. It is on Church street. across from the parking deck. Starts around 10:30.

ive been there.......good sound

for a more Exit/meathead sound go to Scarlet pub on tuesday and thurs for hard house...

Also, come into Queens on friday nights for hiphop and a touch of house...I spin everyfriday night from 11-2

I am a senior living off campus on college ave...hit me up on AIM :IBclubbin :D

DJ BG

dave

well my name is billy, i just entered back into the ny scene as of august 25th.i was discharged from the marines.and i barely made it out in time.but in response to the "should we leave New York.well my suggesion and opinion is NO.for the last year i have spent go from country to country.some good and some bad.from state to state.again some good and some bad.but i also had to look in the eyes of hungry children.and in countrys' with no structure,and without an ounce of freedom.i would wonder off away from the marines that would get drunk and stupid and turn there experiance into drunken haze.i would wonder off till i could hear the bass,the music that makes my legs,mind and muthafucking soul do things i didnt think possible.and within these clubs,and within these countries that lacked freedom there was dance.across the globe, people ways of dealing with "no sense" of freedom was to listen to the music that we all soooo love.this was there way of "dealing".ive seen so many frowns within these countries.so i promised myself that i would dedicate my mind and heart to make people smile.to make people feel good.but 15 days after being discharged, i was re-living the nightmare.from the entrance to the mid-town tunnel i seen my people, my fellow americans, my fellow NEW YORKERS,have there simple lives raped from them.helplessly sitting outside the city i love.i started to cry.and felt a love and passion for this certain race of people, i had never had before.it wasnt black,white, oriental,hispanic...no none of these bullshit labels.but the most amazing gang in the whole world......NEW YORK....and i will spend my life spreading that love.i will finish with this.i was a us marine for four years.and never once did i say."yeh ill die for this country"...the reason for this ,i had not found a meaning to my life.but in my mind i have found that meaning .wanna know what it is?...its every fireman,police officer,emt,port authority worker,the people that lite candles...every single thing new yorkers and americans have done these past three weeks.its a boundary that i dont believe has never been broken.where race and color has been put aside.and that thing called love has been spread.well i told you i never said i would die for this country.but now,today , not only will i die for this country.i will do it while holding hands with the greatest people in the world, in the boundaries of the greatest city in the world .i was born and i will die a new yorker.thank you new york.you have giving me meaning.i will never turn my back away from you,nor will i run from you

billy

graffixxx69@yahoo.com (for replys')

Originally posted by freedomdancer4

dave

well my name is billy, i just entered back into the ny scene as of august 25th.i was discharged from the marines.and i barely made it out in time.but in response to the "should we leave New York.well my suggesion and opinion is NO.for the last year i have spent go from country to country.some good and some bad.from state to state.again some good and some bad.but i also had to look in the eyes of hungry children.and in countrys' with no structure,and without an ounce of freedom.i would wonder off away from the marines that would get drunk and stupid and turn there experiance into drunken haze.i would wonder off till i could hear the bass,the music that makes my legs,mind and muthafucking soul do things i didnt think possible.and within these clubs,and within these countries that lacked freedom there was dance.across the globe, people ways of dealing with "no sense" of freedom was to listen to the music that we all soooo love.this was there way of "dealing".ive seen so many frowns within these countries.so i promised myself that i would dedicate my mind and heart to make people smile.to make people feel good.but 15 days after being discharged, i was re-living the nightmare.from the entrance to the mid-town tunnel i seen my people, my fellow americans, my fellow NEW YORKERS,have there simple lives raped from them.helplessly sitting outside the city i love.i started to cry.and felt a love and passion for this certain race of people, i had never had before.it wasnt black,white, oriental,hispanic...no none of these bullshit labels.but the most amazing gang in the whole world......NEW YORK....and i will spend my life spreading that love.i will finish with this.i was a us marine for four years.and never once did i say."yeh ill die for this country"...the reason for this ,i had not found a meaning to my life.but in my mind i have found that meaning .wanna know what it is?...its every fireman,police officer,emt,port authority worker,the people that lite candles...every single thing new yorkers and americans have done these past three weeks.its a boundary that i dont believe has never been broken.where race and color has been put aside.and that thing called love has been spread.well i told you i never said i would die for this country.but now,today , not only will i die for this country.i will do it while holding hands with the greatest people in the world, in the boundaries of the greatest city in the world .i was born and i will die a new yorker.thank you new york.you have giving me meaning.i will never turn my back away from you,nor will i run from you

billy

graffixxx69@yahoo.com (for replys')

WTF? This is an example of an idiot who posts in essay form in the wrong topic.

Anyway, I was thinkin of having a meet-up Friday the 26th.

Teklord..it's up to u or any other upperclassmen to decide where to have it.

HEhehe. Upperclassmen..... thanks :D :D Friday the 26th sounds ok, but since Rutgers consists of lots of commuters and lots of people go home on weekends I think we should schedule it for a weeknight. How about the day or two before... like Wednesday or Thursday the 25th? Anyone have any objections?? I'm going to suggest Stuff Yer Face over on Easton ave becuase its a great place to meetup. We can get a large table upstairs if we make reservations. We'll get a headcount and see if its possible. Good food, great atmosphere, and people who are 21+ can drink. Those who are <21 are welcome to pregame at my apartment down the block. Sounds like a plan??