Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Exit Music not REAL music???

djmikebugout

as the war btw so called "exit heads" and "real music fans" wages on (also called Supastars vs. Crackheads) I wanna throw in my 2 cents since I apprieciate both sides....

I gotta say that calling Exit Music not REAL music is bullshit and pisses me off...I understand its someones opinion and they can say it all day, it still makes me sick...why limit yourself to one type of music? and why do hard, progressive trancy bangers have to labeled EXIT TRACKS? True, when u hear them, and I do this also sometimes, you say, 'thats an exit track" But most of these tracks (unless ur talking about tony or dom's trax) have been played overseas for usually 2-3 months minimum before they make it to west 56th and everyones mailbox and mp3 players....

now on the other side of the coin...your Creamer, supechumbo, danny t stuff....I feel like its becoming 'musically correct' to recognize this stuff as the best out there (which it may be)--but some people have taken it too far....its seems as tho there is no more room of Danny T and Howell's respective genetalia for any people....the difference between them and exit is that they actually SPIN and do some creative stuff behind the tables, whereas tony saves his creativity for his tracks and programming (which leaves a lot to be desired)

The point is this....most people who have been making fun of the kids who goto exit are on them for only apprieciating one type of music--"hard exit stuff"...and while doing this...they are being hypocritical and limiting themselves to one genre or one style and not listening or recognizing any others....I'll like some tracks Tony plays, but not all of them the same way I'll like some of the stuff danny plays but not all of them the same I'll like some of the stuff denny t plays but not all....and so on...

The tracks posted on here on my last CD were all hard, I was in the mood to play hard so I did and I recorded it....I just finished a new vocal with Nelly Fortado and Jana and all that good stuff and Imma do a tribal/dark cd with a lot of good stuff from rauhofer and others...I try to stay diverse to get the most out of house music...

I'm not perfect and I've got a long. long way to go to be a DJ on the level of many of the above mentioned...but WE ALL have to recognize ITS ALL ONE TYPE OF MUSIC....whether u play a Creamer/K track or a Catscan track for an ignorant hip hop head they're gonna say. "Man, when u gonna shut this techno bullshit off?" even tho neither is techno...we're all on the same side :D

ahhhhh...okay Im done venting.....now instead of telling me that I just dropped madd knowledge, I want to hear some opinions on this keeping in mind what I've said about limiting yourself to one style (b/c genres can change within a style) and that goes for both sides of this ridculous conflict....

Mike BuGouT

ps==please dont tell me 'its my opinion and I can listen to what i want! that is true...but dont do that and then turn around and get on people for doing the same thing."

I like your opinions, but I'm pretty sure that electronica is already recognized as a formidable genre of music. You need to be talented to make a good house, trance, or d-n-b track. That is one of the reasons why Oakie is the "number 1" DJ in the world. He has made amazing music, and he just happens to know how to DJ well enough to demand as much as he does.

Trance in Europe is our Rock and Roll in America. There are people who eat, sleep, and live trance. It is this reason why production there has matured, and when it reaches America, DJs like DT and Creamer will step up their own skills and be up to their level or even beyond them.

Now, anything can be considered music. Tracks are considered cheese for their simplistic production and lack of creativity. The people who tend to get attracted to this are usually the young, untrained ear, as is the majority of Exit heads are.

You know.. im sort of glad you said that...as much as I hate it...

Im a house head but love all music,, even love 70's and 80's...

Saturday nights I play mostly hip-hop .. in the middle of my first house track.. right when i finally have this smile on my face.. goosebumps on my arms.... some fat chick say"can u play hiphop and not this tecno shit"...... god help me...lol

while im at it................. let me get this off my chest.... Its really no big deal but it bothers me when everything is considered "techno"........ guess you have to understand/appreciate house to break it down..

THANKS!

Originally posted by highmay

I like your opinions, but I'm pretty sure that electronica is already recognized as a formidable genre of music. You need to be talented to make a good house, trance, or d-n-b track. That is one of the reasons why Oakie is the "number 1" DJ in the world. He has made amazing music, and he just happens to know how to DJ well enough to demand as much as he does.

Trance in Europe is our Rock and Roll in America. There are people who eat, sleep, and live trance. It is this reason why production there has matured, and when it reaches America, DJs like DT and Creamer will step up their own skills and be up to their level or even beyond them.

Now, anything can be considered music. Tracks are considered cheese for their simplistic production and lack of creativity. The people who tend to get attracted to this are usually the young, untrained ear, as is the majority of Exit heads are.

..You go boy lol

I agree with what Bugout said... i must admit ive missed house since Exit closed but i dont limit my musical taste to just house. I like to listen the the big boys (Tiesto, Oakey, Danny T) but im somehow drawn to the Exit crowd. Maybe i am young and have an untrained ear but i dance to what i like. If i dont like it i dont go. Im tired of people passing judgement on Exit "cheese" if u dont like it you really shouldnt comment on it and poke fun at the people who like that type of music. You listen to what you like and shouldnt be condemned cause you like it.

i really agree with mike bugout and what he said....like me i usually go to exit every friday cause i love the atmosphere and love that kind of music, but i have been to twilo, webster hall, cheetah, world, soundfactory friday and saturday many times.....its all about what music u like to hear....now i can listen to draper and peters all night long and be satisfied and they both to very different kinds of music.....now when it comes to other forms of music i dont like it that much....the people of exit just like to hear that stuff cause they are good songs....they may take no talent to mix, play, or create, but who cares....the place will always be crowded no matter what cause people have a blast at that place cause its phat as hell1!!! and everyone and their mother are going tomorrow night to hear vicious which is my favorite dj along with Peters.....draper plays the "cheese" so u call it, cause its good shit....fuck creativity i could do the same shit he does and pack that place!!! but tha point is he has the job and exit will continue to rock that place and always will!!! exit fridays and factory saturdays cant be beat never!!! peace

bugout, i agree totally with what your saying......the people who bash it all the time, (not naming names, we all know who they are...) just get off on thinking that it sucks and that anything played there is "cheese" ....i like all kinds of house music, like most of us do except the exit bashers....who oddly only seem to like certain kinds....anyway who really gives a fuck what anyone else thinks about music that you like, if you think it's hot, it's hot....regardless.. this might not make much sense, but i'm just sick and tired of this subject, neither side is ever gonna win the argument.....house music rules....doesn't matter what style it is....:blank:

Highmay-- you make some good points...

i agree about some of the tracks from exit havinga simplistic nature as compared to say a superchumbo track with more elements....but its does goes both ways...

whereas Rhythm Ready could be made by a 3 year old, some of Creamer's tracks are basic in themselves also...

Take one ex.--Crouching Tiger (often referred to as an Exit Track) made by my man Rob Girelini---with the many strings and harmonies going on, how could it be considered a 'simple' track....yes, as a producer rob is young and has a lot of years ahead of him, but u must recognize that youth can produce {it would be like denying Jeter's greatness and amount of rings he owns just because he is so young and has greatness ahead of him}

and I will agree with you that many so-called Exit Heads are young and most are new to the genre of electronica/house/trance.....and it is true that many have been 'corrupted' by exit into thinking that the beats they hear there are superior to ones one might hear at say...vinyl, twilo, ect...but I would rather have people listening to trance at exit (head bangers or not) than listening to rap or pop...do remember as u said, trance is europe's rock and roll and as far as this country goes....anything faster than 115bpm is either Sandstorm or techno....

(if anyone caught the yankees game yesterday the announcer commented on how last yr seatlle used who let the dogs out to pump up the crowd and this year they're using a 'techno' chant (zombie nation))

i agree with most of what was said....but in trying to 'educate' exit heads into listening to other genres (which most of then do as u should know) mocking what they feel is the shit doesnt get u guys anywhere...

Mike BuGouT

In my opinion, i love Exit's music for a couple of reasons and one reason is because it is the best music i have heard thus far to DANCE MY ASS OFF TOO,

now some people say Simple + Whack = cheese?? I dunno best way i can describe it, is that "Exit music" Is just music that draper, Decepticon, Higgins, Bugout , cappelo have played that Made people MOVE THEIR ASS, Its Full of energy and Very Very alive, With Hot beats , Sick rhythym , and phat ass Bass line,

One more reason i can name to love exit music is because The system has, If im not mistaken , like 8 or more amps that are NOT EVEN ON and EXIT, """ BY FARRRRRR" HAs the Best SYSTEM I HAVE HEARD IN A CLUB.

but i cant say IT IS THE BEST MUSIC , CuZ i havent Experienced Dj's like danny T, JP, Junior and so on and places like tunnel or Vinyl. But for now and for the moment Being there is Noo better CLub on Earth ( exit ) that plays my favorite music :) THAN EXIT!!!!!

I dunno maybe its cuz i love that PLASMIC HONEY Sound and THeir SICK SICK Beats, Give it time and maybe ill be going and loving that Danny T stuff.

UNTIL THEN ,, EXIT EXIT EXIT .:D :D :D :D :D

ok first off....highmay referring to oakie as the number 1 dj in the world...........:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

second, although i do like the music from creamer, it is pretty basic. it has a good eat, but it really isnt much different from the other club music that is out there

i dont think breaks are going to be big in new york next, i think garage will be next

Originally posted by bigart

YO YO YO whats up Big POP

can you break down what Garage music is?? is it trancy? or Housy??

Thanks Bro

Payce :)

london is great. snader kleinenberg tonight. judge jules tomorrow.:D :D :D

anyway, garage is...well...i want to say housey but....think of it as combining r&b with drum & bass:the beats of drum & bass with soulful vocals &/or mc's rapping with the beats

its weird. its being called the next evolution of r&b over here. it is extremely popular. the only garage song that i can think of that i have heard in the us is either "i wanna be you" by chocolate puma, or the architeks remix of "muhammed ali" by faithless

i hope i didnt confuse you too much

Hmmm...

What makes a cheezy track? In my opinion, most tracks that have corny talking in them are cheezy — for example "Fire Wire" and "Melt To The Ocean." I would never characterize all hard or fast tracks as cheezy either — who could forget some of the old bangers we all know and love... In my opinion though, if you're gonna make it hard, PLEASE avoid the corny talking and movie samples. ;)

Garage is just like funky breaks except there's usually an extra bass drop between the 2 and 3 count in the bar. . .It's really kinda hard to explain, but think of Florida Funky Breaks with a ragga slant and an extra bass thump that gives it ride . . .

True garage should have a rasta/ragga feel to it. That guy who's on MTV with the supposed "garage" song (I can't for the life of me remember the name of it . .) is really just RnB with a slightly different beat pattern (the song sucks by the way . . any true garage fan would be and should be offended. . )

Origins: Waaaaaaay back in the early 80's rastas from britain started throwing parties with a hybrid Hiphop/regge/electro feel to it and that eventually gave birth to modern day garage. .

Some more history: This sound also branched off and, with the help of the likes of The Prodigy and Genaside II created British Hardcore (a sped up form of Electro breaks), which in turn gave birth to modern day DnB and Jungle. .

Hope that helped . .

-Phuturephunk