Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why i hate dress codes

wisdom

come on dress codes? what is this a club ... or a church skool?

dress codes annoy me ... I'll be in town for a day, find a club and have somebody tell my to go change my clothes or take off my hat!!? ain't happening. last time I was down south in mami I had trouble cause I was wearing blue jeans ... I like blue jeans ... I'm wearing blue jeans today. Bottom line for me is if I'm not allowed to be myself then I'm not gonna feel right hanging out. After all theres alot of places where I can go (and feel welcome reguardless of what I'm wearing) to dance and enjoy music.

peace

u gotta understand... clubs like the crowd to look high class... if u go in jeans it ruins the scene... i dont know why exit has a dress code... but i would understand why other clubs do... (ex. SF, Vinyl etc.)... i personally think it is better too bcuz it looks better... jeans is too much like (everyday) clothing for a club... my 2 cents... :D

actually in reality I identify myself more by the body under the clothes then by the clothes themselves... and it seems to me that since were all nude under our clothes then we should really be allowed to wear what we want..however if you think I have a shitty additude perhaps you failed to understand the reasoning behind what I said(because I'm unaccustomed to having a dress code in effect... most places I go don't have em+I don't like getting told what to do) however in the intrest of dealing with em (which I'll have to do a few times a year at least) maybe someone can give me some tips on what to wear so I can put it on ahead of time and get to dance and hear the music instead of sitting some where steaming thinking how much fun I could be having if it wern't for those #$%^ing dress codes... well there alway gonna bother me... would black slacks and a black shortsleeve shirt work?

• 3 weeks later...

hey

well our clothes do express our attitude in a way, and not caring about clothes/being casual is an attitude as well...so make that your statement and it should work at the door.

on the other hand, i think dresscode does help sometimes to keep the thugs out of the clubs...

(i like dressing up so i shouldn't be replying to this anyway)

i dont mind having to wear dress pants...much cooler (temperature wise) and i'm usually more flexible in them than jeans too

and i have to wear boots in clubs (need the support-bad ankles)

and its pretty stupid to wear a crappy t-shirt with dress pants and boots

however i do wear jeans but only certain styles (like tyedye)

I dunno how people don't wanna dress up when they go clubbing? I like to look good and fashionable when I go to a club. It's a part of clubbing that I like, it's when I rock nice clothes and see other people rockin nice clothes. I just think if your gonna go out, go out looking good... enough said!

• 2 weeks later...

I think that dress codes are cool. If you dont want to get dressed up, then go to a place that doesnt require it.

Getting dressed up and going out to nice places is all part of the club scene. You go out lookin your best to go see other people lookin their best.

If you dont like it quit complaining and go to Tunnel..Sheeit...And I love Tunnel

Originally posted by karch

I dunno how people don't wanna dress up when they go clubbing? I like to look good and fashionable when I go to a club. It's a part of clubbing that I like, it's when I rock nice clothes and see other people rockin nice clothes. I just think if your gonna go out, go out looking good... enough said!

I agree with this 100%! However, if you're not in the mood to dress up, go somewhere that there isn't a dress code! Vinyl, for instance, is a perfect option! You can "be yourself" and still listen to great tunes!

Originally posted by makeakillin

I think that dress codes are cool. If you dont want to get dressed up, then go to a place that doesnt require it.

Getting dressed up and going out to nice places is all part of the club scene. You go out lookin your best to go see other people lookin their best.

If you dont like it quit complaining and go to Tunnel..Sheeit...And I love Tunnel

i couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

you know. you can look damn styling and smooth in a lot of clothes that are against certain dress codes. thats the only time that i get annoyed with the big man at the door. montreal is one hell of a fashion city, and you can get into some of the trendiest places wearing a pair of styling jeans if you dress them up right. if you know how to look styled; the actual articles rarely matter. the only time one bouncer told me no jeans, i let him know i was ryan phillipe. somehow it worked.

cheers.

kenny.

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno why but I always get Dressed UP when I go Clubbing. Im used to being sorta dressy during the week so its all out on weekends....everyweekend. I Enjoy it alot. A person in regular Blue jeans in a club just isnt appealing to me. If your in stone washed jeans or something with style fine, but ive seen my share of wet-backs in BOSS jeans from 1993 and I wont go back to those places again.