Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Exit Continues To Be Shitty.. My 11/16 Review

I was curious to see what the newly refurbished Exit was like, so I decided to head over this past Friday with the b-friend and company.. I also figured since Johnny Vicious was spinning, his music may be able to make up for the overall shittiness of the club. Well,

HUGE MOTHERFUCKIN MISTAKE. DO NOT EVER GO TO EXIT, NO MATTER WHO THE DJ IS.

First off, I made sure I was on about 5 guestlists b/c the girls at the guestlist table are super dumb and disorganized. It was a good thing I was on 5 guestlists b/c I had to run through the names of each one before I was able to get reduced admission. I don't even know what guestlist they ended up tallying me up on, I'm sure they just put me on some guestlist they are more favorable towards.

Secondly, exit continues to be RACIST. why, do you ask? well, they have 2 SEPARATE ENTRANCES into the club. one entrance is for all the clubbers that are Caucasians and not ravers; the other entrance is for the Asians and ravers. The Causasians/nonravers walk in with no pat down. the Asians/ravers, of course, receive a full body cavity search. i love feeling like a criminal, don't you? on top of that, these same security guards that were giving a hardcore search for asians at the door didn't seem to care once in the club. i see the same security guards covering the backs of Chinatown gangstas dealing blatantly in the club. My b-friend asked one of these dealers why these security guards aren't busting them, and one of them simply said, "these guys work FOR ME." what is this nonsense? i know this has been going on since the beginning of NYC nightlife, but it doesn't mean that it's ok.

The club's layout and new look, I admit, is gorgeous. The newly waxed floors, the ample amount of plush seating throughout the club, the [relatively] clean bathrooms with HAND SOAP!! is wonderful..

But the sound system continues to be crap. It's DAMN loud, definitely, but I usually like for the ringing to go away after a few hours.. Well, I continued to hear ringing 2 days later.

Thirdly, the harassment did not stop once in the club. The group I was with (about 15 asians) were just chillin in one of the booths on the 2nd floor. Well, how many times do you think that different sets of security guards came over to highbeam us with their Maglite flashlights, order us all to empty our pockets, flip the cushions from underneath us, and throw all of our shit all over the place? I'd say about 4 times. NONE OF US HAD ANYTHING. at this point, i was ready to leave.

I tried my best to enjoy Johnny Vicious' set. I heard some great NYC hard house tunes in the background in between all the harassment I was receiving. He was dropping some old, but great, Scott Project remixes. I even tried to enjoy Draper's closing set, even though at one point (around 5 am) he was just playing Chainsaw sounds and I turned to Eugene and said, "If people are enjoying this, they must be REALLY fucked up." as soon as those words escaped my mouth, all the muscle heads and asian kids around me burst into applause and cheer as if it was the best build-up they have ever heard in their life! i couldn't believe it!

Lastly, the crowd was just disgusting. The girls were very tasteless and dull. They had great bodies but lacked vibrancy and passion in their faces and their dance movements. The guys were pig-headed fools, spilling drinks all over the place, being loud and obnoxious, and attempting to start fights all over the place. I truly felt like I was watching a circus.

I don't want to stereotype everyone there, as I did get a chance to meet some friendly heads.. And, I know that mad CP headz also go to Exit that seem like a great bunch..but the overall vibe of the crowd was definitely ruined by a handful of idiots.

I would like to give props to one Asian girl I saw that was rippin shit up with stixx, I always like seeing fellow chicas properly representin.. we need to all get together as a crew. ;)

So that is the end of my mediocre trip to Exit. I hear rumours about great DJs that are coming to Exit, but I assure you. No matter how great the music is at the club, it cannot make up for the existing faults of the club itself.

chainsaw souds :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i couldnt have put it better my self...train wreck, chainsaw, etc. all good words to describe draper.....ur post completely reminded me why i will never go back to EXIT on a friday nite.....havent even been there on a saturday in well over a year

i wonder if i will ever return....i guess if DT was there i would go:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: dont think that is going to happen...but hey ya never know (its kinda like the lotto!)

Originally posted by tunnelbandit

That sounds sooooo kewl.Anybody have a guestlist for Friday?:D

i do i do.....lmao...just walk up to the table and say guestlist and youre good to go......

hey kitty i hear what youre saying..even with a great dj in there the place still sucks ass....

Originally posted by fuclubkidd

chainsaw souds :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i couldnt have put it better my self...train wreck, chainsaw, etc. all good words to describe draper.....ur post completely reminded me why i will never go back to EXIT on a friday nite.....havent even been there on a saturday in well over a year

i wonder if i will ever return....i guess if DT was there i would go:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: dont think that is going to happen...but hey ya never know (its kinda like the lotto!)

well, it is good to know that i am not the only one that feels this way. i do respect some of draper's work; he is very good at making some catchy anthems (ie children of the night, rhythm ready)..

and i am not shitting on him; it's the damn club itself.

I don't care who's spinning there. I"ll never go back. clear out the meatheads, the gansters, and add in some bonafide cool ass people who know music and i may. until they clean up their act - i'd rather stay home and clean my toilet on a friday night than go there.

Originally posted by dudey

I don't care who's spinning there. I"ll never go back. clear out the meatheads, the gansters, and add in some bonafide cool ass people who know music and i may. until they clean up their act - i'd rather stay home and clean my toilet on a friday night than go there.

my bitching and ranting went on for many paragraphs, and you summed it up in 4 sentences. cheers.

Originally posted by kitty19

Secondly, exit continues to be RACIST. why, do you ask? well, they have 2 SEPARATE ENTRANCES into the club. one entrance is for all the clubbers that are Caucasians and not ravers; the other entrance is for the Asians and ravers. The Causasians/nonravers walk in with no pat down. the Asians/ravers, of course, receive a full body cavity search. i love feeling like a criminal, don't you?

i have to disagree with this part to an extent. im dont really understand why there are 2 seperate entrances, but i dont think its a racist thing. from my experiences, it doesnt matter which way u go, but the time u get there does matter. i have been pushed to both sides when ive gone, and either way i go, i get practically raped. on the other hand, if i have gotten there early, which ever way i went in, left or right, i was not searched at all sometimes. and i am not asian, or a raver. im white, and i go to clubs dressed up. i think it's just the bouncer's discretion and what kind of mood he's in at the time. but either way u go, ur gettin searched.

i think the problem is w/ u and not exit. i think u just have to go out w/ a better attitude and you will have more fun. i've gone to clubs that i normally love and had very bad time because i was sick or my friends weren't there or something. yet every1 around me was having fun. try to have a more positive attitude. just my 0.02.

Kittty, I had the same review about 2yrs ago. I used to LOVE exit, what club has a rooftop, a HUGE dance floor, mad rooms. One Word POTENTIAL and thats it. When it first opend the people where awesome, then slowly the djs and sound system ruined it and weeded out all the cool people and left the crackheads. The last time I was there was a year ago thanksgiving eve, payed like 50 bucks, so so so so much HYPE like exit always does and ended up here I TURN to You about 50 times, royally sucked.

Thats why Im off to MIA (Space is the place)

Yeah dude.. they are mad racist there. I remember I was sitting in one of the booths upstairs in the balcony with one of my freinds. Me and my friend were the only white peeps in the booth. They searched every asian in that booth, except us... full body cavity searches like you said. They are fucked up there. HAHA I was laughing cause they went through all that and didn't find anything. Well anyways I'm sorry you had a bad time.

Although I never noticed the "racism" you talked about I don't doubt it. I'll admit, overall the crowd does suck. The only thing I disagree with is when you said the sound system sucked because your ears were ringing. But you said it was LOUD. Loud is what made your ears ring, not shitty sound.

I was there once last last summer and I never went back. I can definetely have a good time with a few friends but the entire experience is just so much more enjoyable when you have a good crowd that is not there to impress anyone and just wants to have a good time. (ie: Twilo, Vinyl). The night I was there they cranked that poor sound system WAY beyond its limits. It was just painful to listen to. Part of being a good dj is knowing the limits of the sound system. Unfortunately i'm hearing rumors that Tiesto and Judge Jules are booked at Exit. I'll take Tiesto anywhere I can hear him, but Exit just isn't the spot. I don't know why some clubs disriminate, because its just not possible to eliminate drugs in a club by targeting one specific group. I heard a few weeks ago Limelight was doing the same. The bouncers would search anyone wearing UFOs. This world is twisted.

I've been to Exit twice on friday and from what i saw the majority of the people were goin threw U.S customs to get in... ANyways the music was bad and I definitely wasn't feeling the crowd at all (no offense just to young for me)and will never be back...I don't care who tells me how good it is and so on.. Its not... anyways Exit saturdays are a defferent story and I'm up for checking that out eventually...

Originally posted by xtcgspot

i have to disagree with this part to an extent. im dont really understand why there are 2 seperate entrances, but i dont think its a racist thing. from my experiences, it doesnt matter which way u go, but the time u get there does matter. i have been pushed to both sides when ive gone, and either way i go, i get practically raped. on the other hand, if i have gotten there early, which ever way i went in, left or right, i was not searched at all sometimes. and i am not asian, or a raver. im white, and i go to clubs dressed up. i think it's just the bouncer's discretion and what kind of mood he's in at the time. but either way u go, ur gettin searched.

what he said. im white and i've been searched (uh, violated is a better word) every time i've gone. i really don't think it's based on race. btw, is are there any cp-ers who DON'T hate exit? everyone seems to despise the place!

yup. im white and im not a raver and i get searched sometimes, sometimes i dont. but i dont really have a *bad* time at any club. i just go to have fun. if i go knowing that everyone hates the place or the music sux then ill have a bad time. but i still go even though i hear bad things about it cuz personally, i never had a bad time there. i think it is what u make of it. and if u make clubs to fit higher expectations then chances r ull be disappointed. but if u just go to get out and have fun, like i do, then chances r u probably wont have that bad of a night. but everyone is different so, i hope those of u who hate exit actually have a place that u do love to go to. that makes up for everything then.

You should try Junior's party on Sunday mornings. He has been really good since he has been there. The crowd is good, for the mos part. The vibe is great. The only complaint for this past weekend was when Junior saw a guy and a girl on the podiums on the dance floor hooking up and a girl on the other one dancing. He kept on shining the flashlight on them and they payed no attention to him. He was having a fit in the booth. I thought he was going to cry. He pointed to them and put his finger in his mout making a gag sign. I thought it was funny. But thats Junior for you. Then the glowstick episode. Someone threw a glowstick at him in the booth. He stopped he music and turned the music off and put the house lights on. He went on the microphone and asked who did it or who saw someone do it. He went on for about 5 minutes and then he sad, "I hope he wasnt gay." :laugh: But overall, the music was really good on the mainfloor and in the white room. For those over 21, you guys should try Exit out on a Sunday morning.

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

You should try Junior's party on Sunday mornings. He has been really good since he has been there. The crowd is good, for the mos part. The vibe is great. The only complaint for this past weekend was when Junior saw a guy and a girl on the podiums on the dance floor hooking up and a girl on the other one dancing. He kept on shining the flashlight on them and they payed no attention to him. He was having a fit in the booth. I thought he was going to cry. He pointed to them and put his finger in his mout making a gag sign. I thought it was funny. But thats Junior for you. Then the glowstick episode. Someone threw a glowstick at him in the booth. He stopped he music and turned the music off and put the house lights on. He went on the microphone and asked who did it or who saw someone do it. He went on for about 5 minutes and then he sad, "I hope he wasnt gay." :laugh: But overall, the music was really good on the mainfloor and in the white room. For those over 21, you guys should try Exit out on a Sunday morning.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i've never heard jr but he sounds like a funny guy. now i want to meet him.