Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who should spin @ EXIT in Jan?

Who would you like to hear spin at EXIT in January?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to hear spin at EXIT in January?

• Scot Project
    • Paul Oakenfold
    • Timo Maas
    • Armin Van Buuren
    • Carl Cox
    • Nick Warren
    • Paul Van Dyk
    • Sasha & Digweed
    • Danny Tenaglia
    • DJ Tiesto again!!

So EXIT has an absolutely awesome lineup this month...

judge jules... dj tiesto... george acosta... denny/ojeda/vasquez on saturdays...

some of the hottest djs in the world. My question to all of you is...

what's next?

if EXIT could get ANY dj... who would you want to hear??

thought this might be a fun thread...

see ya this comin friday!!

SCARPAZI for reduced cover ;)

Originally posted by cwscarinzi

quoth, i see what you mean brutha... corsten @ innercity is a pretty tight mix...you've got some impeccable taste my friend ;)

you gonna be at EXIT next friday for tiesto? if so, i'll see ya there

no doubt bro, thanks. um, im gonna try to make it..i'll know more as it gets closer.

Originally posted by cwscarinzi

touche ;)

i think afterhours by draper is a small price to pay for one of the best djs in the world for 3+ hours, no?

the way i see it though, when u got one of the top dj's in the world spinning, it should be a much longer set than 3 hours. more like a 6-8 hour set, especially for the $30-$35 to get in. the resident dj, whoever he is, whatever club it is, should step aside for the nite and let a dj like PVD, tiesto, scot project, etc. do their thing

i feel you man... when the hot djs come in, the resident should just kind of take off for the night, or just maybe warm things up in the beginning... somethin to consider if your runnin a club.

see ya at tiesto

you still hittin ROXY for vicious? should be a sick night.

chip

Originally posted by mysterynyc

nick warren SHOULD but he WONT. exit is just too damn corny of a place for him. the intimate confines of a place like Vinyl suits him perfectly.

EXIT=Pretentious

exactly..

i voted pvd(who's still a stretch) only b/c he's the only quality dj theres even a remote shot that they'd get..

ouch! thems fightin' words ;)

i'd love to see pvd at EXIT... from the reviews of judge jules, it looks like the club is on the right track... i'd love to see it continue with a hot lineup in january...

i'm really curious about the newly revamped saturday party... sounds like a real unique idea, the later party and all... if anyone goes, lemme know how it is. junior spinnin till sunday afternoon? that's pretty sick.

chip

Originally posted by djustinh

Tony can not just "step aside", he is under contract.

bullshit

theres absolutely no reason for him to be under contract.. obviouysly no one else in the city gives a shit about him, so locking him in w/ a contract is undeccessary.. unless exit is even dumber then i thought..

Adam S. (one of the top 7 or 8 promoters) and pretty much runs the show with promotions is the one who brought Tony in.

Hence the fact that Tony and Adam are 1) best friends and 2) Adam is Tony's manager, so if he were running promotions at Exit, why not bring your best friend in and sign him to the club? (as much as you guys don't like his style and way he plays music, the club is still packed, maybe not because of Tony, but yet it's still a packed club, with lots of $$$ being brought in, why make any kind of dramatic change?)

I mean hey, if ya don't like his style, NYC has many other venue's to chose from. True?

Originally posted by djustinh

Adam S. (one of the top 7 or 8 promoters) and pretty much runs the show with promotions is the one who brought Tony in.

Hence the fact that Tony and Adam are 1) best friends and 2) Adam is Tony's manager, so if he were running promotions at Exit, why not bring your best friend in and sign him to the club? (as much as you guys don't like his style and way he plays music, the club is still packed, maybe not because of Tony, but yet it's still a packed club, with lots of $$$ being brought in, why make any kind of dramatic change?)

I mean hey, if ya don't like his style, NYC has many other venue's to chose from. True?

yea i hear what your sayin bro..

i remember all the shit surrounding tony getting the residency back then and what happened w/ baez..

but even still.. they should just let him open...

or better yet(hate to sound repetitive but..) tear up the contract ;) seriously though.. you deserve to be playing that main floor more then he does...

ok, so let's say that draper is under contract with EXIT and absolutely must spin every friday night...

i think what imdagspot was trying to say earlier by "stepping aside" not necessarily taking the entire night off, but just maybe playing a much shorter set before or after the headlining dj... let's say pVd comes in one night--thus making chip's christmas complete-- let him do what he does best and destroy the decks for 5+ hours.. let draper warm things up maybe till about 1 or 2... that way, he's still fulfilling his contract obligations, still playing a decent set, while also allowing one of the top djs in the world the chance to captivate his audience for hours.

personally, i can get into draper... i agree about the 'why change things' mentality... i just think things can be altered whenever you get a hot dj to spin.

just my take on things.

chip